What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We ( @firepolice251 ) have benn working on getting a rental property ready for a new tenant. He decided to tear off the old deck and replacing it. The Princess and I have been clearing out what the previous tenant left behind. He left a complete kitchen set! All of that has been moved ro her counter kitchen ( her second kitchen devoted to canning and drying etc)

I took care of the laundry nook and garage to get it all spiffy. Then turning my attention back to the projects here at home I have a piece of OCB to mount on the wall for the transfer switch. I have to run new circuits for all of our freezers. That will be a bit of a challenge for both of us. Wires will have to run to multiple locations including two rooms packed to the rafters with preps. Oh bother.

But it is a project well worth the effort better done than just planned.

Sooo....

I get call from my son but this time to help him help the youngest granddaughter with math. I should continue in the rant thread.;)

Ben

We ( @firepolice251 ) have benn working on getting a rental property ready for a new tenant. He decided to tear off the old deck and replacing it. The Princess and I have been clearing out what the previous tenant left behind. He left a complete kitchen set! All of that has been moved ro her counter kitchen ( her second kitchen devoted to canning and drying etc)

I took care of the laundry nook and garage to get it all spiffy. Then turning my attention back to the projects here at home I have a piece of OCB to mount on the wall for the transfer switch. I have to run new circuits for all of our freezers. That will be a bit of a challenge for both of us. Wires will have to run to multiple locations including two rooms packed to the rafters with preps. Oh bother.

But it is a project well worth the effort better done than just planned.

Sooo....

I get call from my son but this time to help him help the youngest granddaughter with math. I should continue in the rant thread.;)

Ben
Ben those girls are getting so much more from you teaching them and making sure they know the material than they would in school regurgitating whatever nonsense they are required to repeat. I'm sure it is frustrating at times, but they will thank you for it someday.

Left a scar on my left upper arm. Took a while for the surrounding skin to tan. Applied Great Value brand mouthwash to it twice a day and let the pool chemicals and sunshine do the rest.
Are you sure it was a brown recluse? Someone I vaguely knew at work got bit by one and lost half of his arm and almost died.
My daughter had a spider bite ( don't know what kind ) on her leg one time, it got infected and she had to take 2 different antibiotics for a month.

Got up really late, need to get started but all the animals are out so no great rush today. Starting my bread dough for the market today ( sourdough, needs to sit in fridge for a day or 2), maybe pull some weeds in the garden that's left. I am letting husband pick the tomatoes, I really don't want to look at them anymore
Slept really well, took one of my homemade gummies and they work great. This is good, now I don't have to buy any. They are not cheap
Need to call the truck repair guy, dreading that. He will probably find something new to fix while fixing the brakes for the third time

Are you sure it was a brown recluse? Someone I vaguely knew at work got bit by one and lost half of his arm and almost died.
My daughter had a spider bite ( don't know what kind ) on her leg one time, it got infected and she had to take 2 different antibiotics for a month.
Yes, very sure!!

We have these things all over the place up under houses and in sheds. At least they're not aggressive until you poke them! Damned nightmare fuel! Brr!
Brown recluse.jpg

Allergy shots for me today. Whee. But I’m so glad I’ve been doing them. With the amount of rain we’ve had this year I would have been so miserable without them.

I usually do my weekly planning while I’m waiting under observation, since I have a half-hour I have to sit there and do nothing.

After that is come home and clean the house since it’s game night, and squeeze in listening to the homesteading summit while I’m doing that. Fingers crossed, tomorrow will be canning.

I'd better do something, I'm getting really covered up in 5 minute jobs.
Maybe fry some egg drop dumplings in some chicken broth, smoke a doob, and watch the sun come up with some Marinara and green tea.

@sonya123 homemade gummies?
this should probably go on the dark side gardening ....
Yes homemade
put the weed in the oven at 250 for half hour, then cook it in crockpot in half cup of coconut oil, strain it. Add a pack of jello ( I used lemon) , 2 tbsp of gelatin and a half teaspoon of sunflower lecitin
Pour in gummie molds and put in freezer for half hour , unmold . I am storing them in the fridge.
Oh and I used 10 grams of Indica

Edit: added temp lol I think my number lock was off and I typed in the numbers and they didn't show up

Last edited:
So driving for a few hours again...truck is done. Well except for the manifold but not getting that replaced until it officially fails inspection
I really did not want to do all that driving again but it's the price to pay for living in the middle of nowhere

this should probably go on the dark side gardening ....
Yes homemade
put the weed in the oven at for half hour, then cook it in crockpot in half cup of coconut oil, strain it. Add a pack of jello ( I used lemon) , 2 tbsp of gelatin and a half teaspoon of sunflower lecitin
Pour in gummie molds and put in freezer for half hour , unmold . I am storing them in the fridge.
Oh and I used 10 grams of Indica
In the oven at what temperature?

Woke up about 3:30 AM coughing (sinuses are trying to break up finally). Got ironing done, ran a canner of tomatoes, did two loads of laundry, got sage on the dehydrator, got tomatoes off the other dehydrator, did the dishes and got ready for work. Need to take care of some things outside this evening after work. One more work day without Hubby. So far today has been less hectic. Trying to catch up on desk work.

Sounds like a full day, @LadyLocust !

My allergy tech dinged me pretty good today, and I’m not feeling the greatest, so plans for housecleaning just got shelved. Last thing I want is an overreaction when I finally, finally just hit max dose.

The couch it is, summit videos and very slow kitchen cleaning from lunch. At least I got most of my herbs off the dehydrator this morning.

Split some wood this morning, got maybe 3 cords split so far, 4 more to go. Working on the chicken coop upgrades. Added a handrail on the new deck on the front of the coop, so the wife doesn't fall off when it gets slick. After lunch I'll put the forks on the tractor and load a pallet of batteries on my truck, level the woodshed and move the brooder house to a new location. Got the floor built for the new meat chicken coop. Need to move it and get it level, then I can start framing the walls.

I have an anniversary today: 5 years of blissful retirement!😍
My first no-work day was 09-13-2018.
I planned it that way, since it was right after 9/11 it would be easy to remember.:thumbs:
My to-do list for today:
1. Not go to work.😀
2. Sit on my butt.
3. Empty some beer cans.
4. Burn up some cigs.
5. Watch the ticker-tape on TV.
6. Take a nap.:thumbs:
7. Post silly stuff on the internet.🤪

I planned it that way since it was right after 9/11, so it would be easy to remember.:thumbs:
My to-do list for today:
1. Not go to work.😀
2. Sit on my butt.
3. Empty some beer cans.
4. Burn up some cigs.
Congratulations!

I Will have to convince The Princess that I should add #2 to my list.

Ben

@sonya123 …and your gummies help you sleep better? Deeper? Longer?
@jishinsjourney glad you’re back!

all of the above, I started using it for my anxiety issues mostly but it works great on insomnia also. I never slept a whole night when we lived in Florida, now I sleep 8 hours and sometimes 9 and feel rested when I wake up

Just finished wiring the new solar panels to the combiner box. Also got the trench dug where the conduit goes under the road. Just need to connect the wires that run from the solar panels to the charge controller and that should give us more power.
I asked husband a few days ago why we can't put the charge controller and the inverter in the house and just run a long electric line to the panels and he told me this: DC electricity loses more power in lines than AC, or something like that ( he is the electrical engineer). We run an extension cord from the inverter to the house. All the equipment is right next to the panels outside in a wooden box we built
Our inverter just broke and we replaced it ( it lasted about 7 years, so ok)

I planned it that way, since it was right after 9/11 it would be easy to remember.:thumbs:
My to-do list for today:
1. Not go to work.😀
2. Sit on my butt.
3. Empty some beer cans.
4. Burn up some cigs.
1694645334284.png

Having a crazy busy day, will be checking in later tonight!!😮 I need a gallon of beer and my pool float for a bit!!😮
So this means you're gone for the day??? Awesome! I will have time to short sheet your bed, put bubble wrap under the throw rug in your bathroom, add some salt to your sugar dish for your morning coffee, and feed Buddy some sugar cubes so he's good and hyper 😇

Back