What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May have a day off!!🤞The people I would normally clean for have company that stayed longer than expected. If they are not leaving this morning we are rescheduling! That's ok with me!! Have a bunch of things I want to get done around here!
YAY, it's official, I'm off today ( in more ways than one😮)! Going for a second cup of coffee!! Rained earlier a little, nice and cloudy! Think I am taking one of those 6 min power naps right now, then coffee!! Then on to the thousand things I want to get done!!

Eye appointment today. Just the annual checkup, but I know I’ll need a prescription update. Getting older is not for wimps. Sigh.

After that is cleaning and maybe canning but I think the canning is more likely to be tomorrow or Thursday. I’ve got a pile of herbs that either need to be chopped and frozen in oil, or stuck on the dehydrator.

Going to split some wood this morning then I'll see about connecting the solar panels. Yesterday I noticed that I had two panels upside-down, I think the wires will still reach. Going to get hot today, mid 70's so we'll be going to the lake later and go swimming.
Right now I'm sitting on the back deck listening to the chickens and ducks waking up and some coyotes howling. Nice morning.

It was mostly over by the time I realized what is was, the rash was very painful, I felt queezy and chilled, I just didn't connect them all together until I saw it (the bite) in the mirror while I was shaving. I'm pretty sure it was a spider of some sort...
You know recluse bites are fatal right? if it starts to fester run to the ER!

Amish: glad you husband is ok, that's scary!

Urban: don't slice off your fingers! I would like to get a bread slicer
A common hacksaw blade kept moist while you're using it is amazing! that pretty much goes for any knife you're cutting bread with, cut, dunk, slice, repeat! :) No more ripping.

Driving back from the annual reunion of the 5th Infantry Division, US Army.
It’s the high point of my year to be with my Vietnam War buddies once again.
It was in San Antonio this year, a two day drive from home in Florida.

So Hubby is in MT hunting. I went up Fri and returned Sun so a quick trip but a good trip. It froze in MT then was 98* in a little town as I drove through about 1/2 hour from home. :oops: Quite the temp. swing for me in a single day. Have been running since returning. Keeping the guys rolling at work and wearing Hubby's hat as well as my own - err well sorta. Interesting being a female in construction industry, some folks don't want to talk to me. If they have no other choice and discover that I either know the answer to their question or can run a number or ask a valid question, it kinda surprises them - a little entertaining but still will be nice when Hubby returns and I don't have to deal with them.
Picked another ton of tomatoes last night (see garden thread), then canned a small batch this morning before work. Also picked some sage and got the leaves cleaned and stripped and ready to dry. I usually just hang it, but want to be able to grind it soon and it will be easier this way. Made a batch of toothpaste too. My floors really need some attention - I'm about to furrow them and plant a winter crop 😂
Do you think if I left a trail of beer from TX, Pearl would follow it to my mop bucket 🤔🤭
Now at work - will make a powder coat run as soon as the guys come back from dry fitting a rail.
Oh, 1 more thing that might get yer goat (both literally and figuratively): "They" are capturing problematic grizzlies from Yellowstone and releasing them in SW MT. The locals are furious & rightly so.

@Amish Heart glad your husband is ok, that could've been bad.
Bought some more solar batteries today, hopefully this will be it.
I need to whack down a bunch of weeds growing into our road.
MIght go to the gym later with my daughter, otherwise just working around here today.

So Hubby is in MT hunting. I went up Fri and returned Sun so a quick trip but a good trip. It froze in MT then was 98* in a little town as I drove through about 1/2 hour from home. :oops: Quite the temp. swing for me in a single day. Have been running since returning. Keeping the guys rolling at work and wearing Hubby's hat as well as my own - err well sorta. Interesting being a female in construction industry, some folks don't want to talk to me. If they have no other choice and discover that I either know the answer to their question or can run a number or ask a valid question, it kinda surprises them - a little entertaining but still will be nice when Hubby returns and I don't have to deal with them.
Picked another ton of tomatoes last night (see garden thread), then canned a small batch this morning before work. Also picked some sage and got the leaves cleaned and stripped and ready to dry. I usually just hang it, but want to be able to grind it soon and it will be easier this way. Made a batch of toothpaste too. My floors really need some attention - I'm about to furrow them and plant a winter crop 😂
Do you think if I left a trail of beer from TX, Pearl would follow it to my mop bucket 🤔🤭
Now at work - will make a powder coat run as soon as the guys come back from dry fitting a rail.
Oh, 1 more thing that might get yer goat (both literally and figuratively): "They" are capturing problematic grizzlies from Yellowstone and releasing them in SW MT. The locals are furious & rightly so.
Just got done doing my floors, it's my day off, can't get away from cleaning!! 😃

If gas wasn't so much I 'd go on a cleaning road trip ! I could stop, clean your house in exchange for a place to sleep one night and supper and breakfast. LadyLocust would have to do my nails too!! Might be a little tight in DrJenner's RV, but it's only one night😉!! Amish Heart will have to make tater tots!!

Left a scar on my left upper arm. Took a while for the surrounding skin to tan. Applied Great Value brand mouthwash to it twice a day and let the pool chemicals and sunshine do the rest.
I thought your first post said mouthwash and moonshine. Lol

Left a scar on my left upper arm. Took a while for the surrounding skin to tan. Applied Great Value brand mouthwash to it twice a day and let the pool chemicals and sunshine do the rest.
Ahh. bleach! I had heard it was good on certain bites involving venom.

Walked first.
Picked up friend, went grocery shopping and then to lunch.
My shoulder is giving me a lot of pain lying down at night. Makes sleeping difficult and keeps me tired all day. This will pass.

2 photos of Peanut Butter. The one that she is white in is before taking milk thistle in May. The darker color is now.

Attachments

• 20230510_142610.jpg
    20230510_142610.jpg
    1 MB
  • 20230909_185336.jpg
    20230909_185336.jpg
    2.4 MB
Bear is hubby's favorite meat, but he's bow hunting and it's not legal to shoot the grizzlies. We should probably get a tag down here for bear (black). I think $16.
Shoot them anyway, the damn things are dangerous.

Walked first.
Picked up friend, went grocery shopping and then to lunch.
My shoulder is giving me a lot of pain lying down at night. Makes sleeping difficult and keeps me tired all day. This will pass.

2 photos of Peanut Butter. The one that she is white in is before taking milk thistle in May. The darker color is now.
Is that why I get so tan?? Wow!

Long day at work, weather is nice only 93 today. There is a depression over the USA. Not just economic but emotional as well. Seems like everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have always said just leave me alone and let me live my life and everyone else can do the same. I am starting I to see the fallacy of this.
A song by Aaron Tippin says you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

Back