What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had mine this morning, too. It was from McDonald's, and their coffee sucks, but since it was right next to the job site it was convenient...
LOL there was a brief temptation to get lunch at mcdonalds since I can't really cook today, but then I said to husband" our luck we will probably add food poisoning to the mix of viruses...." so we let it be

Counting down the minutes to my after work J and iced coffee. My aim is coming back in TF2. I might eat something on the way home. It's my friday, and I'm off till next Tuesday. I will probably have a project to work on the entire time, maybe my magick books "The <color> mage handbooks" I'm writing about black magick, white magick, and several other colors such as silver, and orange.

Husband's doc appt, and filled a cart at Aldi. Still need to put the not refrigerated stuff up, but almost time to pick up little granddaughter at the zoo in the bigger town. Tree trimming guy did a great job. Next is the roofer guy soon. One of the branches poked a hole in our roof, high on the pitch of the second floor. We had to open up a section of the electric fence to the burn pile for all the tree trimmings, so Bets the horse and Lazy Daisy the cow shared a space today. They are not bothered by that except when it's corn treat time. Then Bets is the piggy bully.

Got up, worked out, went to the big city to hang out with a rich guy, collected a check, deposited the check, hit a few stores, drove home as quickly as possible without ending up getting locked on a radar gun, took off my fancy gun, put on my beater gun and now I am just standing by to stand by. Soon fancy britches will be home and then we can throw together some chow.

thanks! Life sucks mostly and then you die....right now it really sucks.... At least I didn't have pneumonia or blot clots , they checked for both
Go To Wally World or Dollar General and pick up some Pedialyte it Will Help...!!! Please...!!

Changed the Spelling...^^^

Last edited:
Go To Wally World or Dollar General and pick up some Pedialitye (sp) it Will Help...!!! Please...!!
I got some gator aid and orange juice, and eating chips . I did manage to eat some of those
I think they put so much fluid in me in the hospital I have been going to the bathroom all day LOL

animals are thankfully taken care of, son did the work, I came along for instructions, husband now in bed feeling like I did a few days ago ( super tired and achy) , I hope he doesn't get it as bad as I have it

Get and Try the Cherry Punch...

1717712591364.png

The wife and I were taking a break out on the back deck. When it was time to go back to work I stood up and fell down. My left leg wouldn't support any weight. I sat for awhile longer and the pain is still extreme. The wife had to help me in the house, take off my work clothes and put my shorts on. Then she helped me upstairs to the TV room. I was planing on driving down south to look at a new seed drill. May need to find a chiropractor on the way.

Yikes, Sonya, I was hoping it wouldn't be Covid when you described it. Hope you recover fully and quickly. Covid really really sucks. So does the flu.

Mountaintrapper, i hope your leg is ok.

Ekatarina, I hate the warm temperatures too.

I decided not to go anywhere today so I can rest. Cooked for Mom, fed kitties, refilled water for kitties, etc. Watching videos and reading up on relays, contactors, and such. Trying to figure out if the relay my friend linked could work for the pump setup.

I am suffering of the heat I so hate warm temperature

I would stay in Canada in Winter and go somewhere else where its Winter
when Spring do start !!!! I would love 12 months of Winter
you live in the wrong part of Canada. it rarely gets hot here, and the humidity is far lower

Sure hope you feel better soon Sonya, and your family too. I think once you get out the other side of this, you'll get to the point that you'll be thankful you made the effort to see your Dad.

Mountaintrapper you need to take care of yourself before the body gives out completely!

Ekatarina, I'm with you. I never have done well in the heat, and the older I get the less I can take of it.

A few days ago I discovered a strange sort of bumpy rash on my forearms, slightly itchy...I did a little reading and it seems to be a sun rash. Never knew there was such a thing but that answered all the symptoms. I have been feeling really sick when I try to work outside and wasn't able to get very far on my chores; my brother helped put up the hoops on my greenhouse and the next day it took me hours to simply put up one purlin. I had to keep sitting down in the shade til the nausea and dizziness passed. Ugh. Used to be I could bale hay for an afternoon before I got sick, now 15 minutes on what wasn't all that bad of a summer day and I'm down for the count.

One raised bed is filled and some tomatoes are planted. Was trying to fill a second bed today but got rained out. The one day I mustered enough energy to go out after supper, even took the dog out and tied her where she could "help" and the downpour started. We both got we and one of us smells bad.

I've got a contractor coming to install a minisplit but I have to get an electrical circuit run for it first. Bought the breaker, wire, and disconnect box, now I just have to get my brother help me get that in. Really looking forward to having A/C!

Sure hope you feel better soon Sonya, and your family too. I think once you get out the other side of this, you'll get to the point that you'll be thankful you made the effort to see your Dad.

Mountaintrapper you need to take care of yourself before the body gives out completely!

Ekatarina, I'm with you. I never have done well in the heat, and the older I get the less I can take of it.

A few days ago I discovered a strange sort of bumpy rash on my forearms, slightly itchy...I did a little reading and it seems to be a sun rash. Never knew there was such a thing but that answered all the symptoms. I have been feeling really sick when I try to work outside and wasn't able to get very far on my chores; my brother helped put up the hoops on my greenhouse and the next day it took me hours to simply put up one purlin. I had to keep sitting down in the shade til the nausea and dizziness passed. Ugh. Used to be I could bale hay for an afternoon before I got sick, now 15 minutes on what wasn't all that bad of a summer day and I'm down for the count.

One raised bed is filled and some tomatoes are planted. Was trying to fill a second bed today but got rained out. The one day I mustered enough energy to go out after supper, even took the dog out and tied her where she could "help" and the downpour started. We both got we and one of us smells bad.

I've got a contractor coming to install a minisplit but I have to get an electrical circuit run for it first. Bought the breaker, wire, and disconnect box, now I just have to get my brother help me get that in. Really looking forward to having A/C!
I don't enjoy working in the sun. I use umbrella while working and thank God for every cool breeze that comes. I take too many breaks to qualify as work. :rolleyes:

My formative years were spent in Duluth MN so I don't loose points for acting out of character.:thumbs:

Drink a lot of water.

Ben

As I read this, a thought came to mind 😱 just one, don’t worry I won’t make a habit out of it 😂
We didn’t have AC growing up or even as a young adult. I remember getting a swamp cooler at some point, but I know more and more folks who can’t handle the heat (excepting Pearl of course) and am wondering if we wouldn’t be better off without it. Folks down south, please don’t shoot. I don’t like below 0 or above 100 and within 10* on the inbetween is not ideal, but is doable if properly attired.
Just a thought.

Estelle lost her first tooth this evening.
Now when she grins, she's got a gap on top.
And she thinks her first tooth payment should be $1000. lol....
She's getting $10 from me on Sunday, then we have to shop at Dollar Tree on Monday.
By the time she collects from my son, her mom, her big sister, her step dad, his family, her Nana(Her Mom's Mother), Aunt Sissy and extended family.
She could easily have a couple hundred.
Half goes in piggy bank or her savings account at the Credit Union.
But she will only get to spend $5.00 at Dollar Tree with me.
She cracks me up sometimes though.
She's got her eye on a Barbie Doll house, bought with her own money.
It's nice that she has goals.
Hopefully one of those goals is for Barbie House not to come to my apartment.
But if it goes to her Dad's house, her step mother's daughter will tear it up.
I so need a house.
Few more months.

Last edited:
@LadyLocust there’s something about Texas. I hate the heat, but here I still am. Back east with high humidity and temps in high 80s, suck the life right out of ya. I grew up without AC too.
Four seasons are necessary for good food.
I think there are places in U.S. that are just perfect climate, but I’ll let those places remain nameless since we all have our own “must have” list. 😘
Have older friends here who have made a swamp cooler. Works good!!

@LadyLocust there’s something about Texas. I hate the heat, but here I still am. Back east with high humidity and temps in high 80s, suck the life right out of ya. I grew up without AC too.
Four seasons are necessary for good food.
I think there are places in U.S. that are just perfect climate, but I’ll let those places remain nameless since we all have our own “must have” list. 😘
Have older friends here who have made a swamp cooler. Works good!!
When it is hot and humid a swamp cooler is worthless.

Ben

Gee almost 11 pm
Feel miserable
I did soak in lukewarm water
Now I guess I will be able to sleep
Stay away heat and sun LOL
At least for 1 week * my wish *

Have a relaxing night guys

Two more weeks and our days will be getting shorter again.

Latest posts

Back