What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee,
And people ask why I live it the land of Ice and snow, too cold for most of the nasties, no scorpions or snakes, just warm cuddly things like bears and cougars.

Bought all the things I said I was going to buy today.

I got Magus a pack of drawing and illustrating tutorials
I subscribed to an AI service that will help me transcribe my thoughts and convos with Magus so I can write about it.
I subscribed to a world building service that will help me with my novels and stories

Getting some vape cartridges from the dispensary today.
Then I'm smoking a J when I get home, and I don't know what else.

I'll be on my second day of my new schedule:
I'm cutting back from 3 to 2 meals a day, and drinking a large glass of ice water with both.

Cleaning at 6:30 to 7:30 mountain, then I'm watching 2 episodes of my favorite show and then it's time to relax.

Not allergic to Tylenol. It just does nothing for me, except probably damage my liver. Aspirin is the only over the counter pain killer that actually does something for me.
I had a bad reaction to that stuff in the hospital thankfully when I had my kids , well first one and they gave me some.
I can take Advil or aspirin just not anything with acetomenaphin in it. I almost screwed up in Germany, went to the pharmacy to get something for the sore throat and thankfully remembered to tell them,. They had to look it up and it's called paracetamol, almost got me in big trouble. I ended up just getting some herbal stuff

Just back from a steamy pup walk. 81*, 81% humidity.

Back door neighbor sent me a couple pics ... bobcat got a squirrel in their yard, right over the fence from my house. Probably one of the squirrels the pups like playing with :(

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 7.37.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-04 at 7.37.14 PM.png

I'm twiddling my thumbs again at work. The dispatcher hosed us again. We tried going over the dispatcher's head to the Corridor Manager but he shot us down too. Apparently taking out rail defects and restoring the tracks to the timetable max speed isn't important today. Oh well, the weather is perfect. Just look at that blue sky!

Coffee again, making progress on my trailer, almost to where I can try it and see if I am happyish , and what it needs next

Coffee again, making progress on my trailer, almost to where I can try it and see if I am happyish , and what it needs next
Trick Question:
What's better than coffee?

Answer:
Coffee Again 😂

Now back to our regularly scheduled program (meaning I have to get back to work).

That's how Linux was invented. Linus Torvalds, a computer teacher at the time spent his summer doing nothing but waking up working on linux and going to bed again with breaks to go to the bathroom and such for regular needs.

Bill Gates and Paul Allen both did it to make basic for the altair.

And don't get me started on Apple.

Trick Question:
What's better than coffee?

Answer:
Coffee Again 😂

Now back to our regularly scheduled program (meaning I have to get back to work).
I did stuff, found out why I dis like Warn winches so much, not the actiual winch, but the control system, and because Coffee

Just back from a steamy pup walk. 81*, 81% humidity.

Back door neighbor sent me a couple pics ... bobcat got a squirrel in their yard, right over the fence from my house. Probably one of the squirrels the pups like playing with :(

View attachment 154117View attachment 154116
At least it won't go to Waste...! I hate seeing them laying in the streets when vehicles run into and over them...!! Drivers always in a Hurry and Squirrels always out Early, bad Mix Indeed for the little scampers...!

Back from the bigger town...picked up feed, picked up pharmacy, then picked up little granddaughter from the zoo. They had her scrubbing the otter enclosure today. She needs a shower. She helped me unload feed, but having her clean our rabbit cages can wait.

Got a chore done I put off the last 2 summers for health reasons. My elderberry was wrapped up in vines and weeds. Didn’t want to harm anything important so I couldn’t use power equipment. Elderberry isn’t the only medicine growing there.

I started with big pruning sheers, before it was over I was using kitchen scissors. Still not done but had to stop. Gonna to wait a few days to see if any trash plants are still alive. Might have to snip out a few more weeds.

Got laundry going, no other plans but fry catfish for supper and watch some tv.

before
20240522_174240a.jpg

after
20240605_152857a.jpg

Congrats on the good numbers!

What why how did you get the dishwasher script?

Ben
I asked for an updated prescription.
The Primary Care doctor who wrote the orginal prescription has long since retired.
The Primary Care Doctor, I have now, goes through your records with a fine tooth comb.
He asked questions about the orginal prescription and I answered truthfully.
I got that prescription when I was injured in 2009, with Trauma Brain Injury and multiple of physical injuries.
I didn't want a care giver to go home with me.
And invade my home and bother me and my sons lives more than necessary.
There were life skills I had to relearn, dishes was the one I was having the most trouble with.
I can't always get my left arm and hand to do what I want it to do to this day.
But I learned to load and unload a dishwasher right handed.
Sometimes to this day my left arm and hand still gives me trouble.
A dishwasher would help when they do surgery on my left rotor cup, forearm, wrist and hand in January.
So he updated the prescription yesterday.

^^^...https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/whats-everybody-doing-today.474/post-973460 ...?!?

The dispatcher finally let us out to work after 1300 hours. We went balls to the wall and shot 19 flash butt welds in 4 hours and 20 minutes. Our quota for a 10 hour day is 15 welds. I feel like I just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but it's done now. Looking forward to a shower, a hot meal, and packing up to head home and start vacation tomorrow!🙂

Nice visit with my cuz today. sliced her up a nice ripe Cherokee Purple tomato and after two or three "Oh my gawd"s.. she says "You don't happen to have seeds for this thing, do ya?" .. Silly girl.

So sent her home with a variety of seeds, some pumpkin bread and a couple tomatoes.

The dispatcher finally let us out to work after 1300 hours. We went balls to the wall and shot 19 flash butt welds in 4 hours and 20 minutes. Our quota for a 10 hour day is 15 welds. I feel like I just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but it's done now. Looking forward to a shower, a hot meal, and packing up to head home and start vacation tomorrow!🙂
now your quota is going to be 19 , the bean counters youknow

'
Got a new prescription, not sure how the apartment complex manger is going to take it.
I now have a prescription to have a dishwasher in my apartment.
My PC Doctor and Cancer Doctor thought that would be a reasonable request while I continue to heal.
Of course I have to buy it, but that's okay too.
Great news on your continued health progress!

I am curious about the script for a dishwasher. I have never heard of such a situation. Is this for an under the counter one or one of those countertop ones that hook up to the sink.? A few of us in my family own a building our grandparents left us that has four apartments. None of them have dishwasher or washing machines. Actually, none of them have room for either of those appliances without doing major remodeling work. In your state, can the landlord be compelled to make that type of modification? In New Jersey they can’t. If the tenant gets state assistance with their rent, the state can ask for some modifications, such as grab bars and showers grates on second-story windows (to prevent children from falling), but they’re not able to compel us to make complete remodeling and structural changes. We have the right of refusal for that.

Great news on your continued health progress!

I am curious about the script for a dishwasher. I have never heard of such a situation. Is this for an under the counter one or one of those countertop ones that hook up to the sink.? A few of us in my family own a building our grandparents left us that has four apartments. None of them have dishwasher or washing machines. Actually, none of them have room for either of those appliances without doing major remodeling work. In your state, can the landlord be compelled to make that type of modification? In New Jersey they can’t. If the tenant gets state assistance with their rent, the state can ask for some modifications, such as grab bars and showers grates on second-story windows (to prevent children from falling), but they’re not able to compel us to make complete remodeling and structural changes. We have the right of refusal for that.
I can't speak to the legality but for my rental property, I would insist the tenant pays for the DW and installation by my chosen contractor.

The tenant would get the DW. My property value goes up and control the quality of the work.

Win, win, win.

Re: DWs

The Princess has repeatedly stated "Dishwashers are wonderful things."

My brother has insisted no DWs or garbage disposals! He maintains our stuff and had seen too many cases of idiots destroying them.

Ben insists The Princess take care of the DW. Cleaning and fixing DWs is nasty work.🤮

Ben

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back