What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the good numbers!

What why how did you get the dishwasher script?

Ben
I asked for it.
I love to cook, but hate to do dishes.
He asked if he could do anything to make my life easier.
So I asked him to update my prescription for the dishwasher.
My prescription was over 20 years old.
So he updated my prescription for a dishwasher.
Oh, 20 years ago I tore my left rotor cup to shreds.
Haven't had surgery to fix it yet.
It's on my to do list, but I felt that my knees where more important than my rotor cup.
As long as I can handle the pain level with that injury.
It's on the discussion list with Ortho Surgeon in January 2025.

I asked for it.
I love to cook, but hate to do dishes.
He asked if he could do anything to make my life easier.
So I asked him to update my prescription for the dishwasher.
My prescription was over 20 years old.
So he updated my prescription for a dishwasher.
Oh, 20 years ago I tore my left rotor cup to shreds.
Haven't had surgery to fix it yet.
It's on my to do list, but I felt that my knees where more important than my rotor cup.
As long as I can handle the pain level with that injury.
It's on the discussion list with Ortho Surgeon in January 2025.
Nice.

I dislocated my right shoulder when I was 17. Then again when I 23. I started talking about a repair with my primary care at my last visit. I am on the fence if I want the surgery or not.

Ben

I spent pretty much all day making a battery tray for my trailer winch project, actually most of the time was discovering what I didn't want, when I finally found the piece that I wanted, which like usual was a piece someone else didn't want. it didn't take long, just have to drill the anchor holes, but that is pretty much already figured out.

Have felt down today at times. Somehow our memories are stored in deep places and a part of us knows there’s something that once was a crashing point in our lives. The loss of someone dear. After more than 30 years why does it hit so hard sometimes. He was only 18 and had been through a lot. Events leading up to his death seemed like a path. Really. And I knew. God prepared me for that, I guess to show me his hand in everything and to help ease the shock.
You know, one of those: “let’s trade places, I’ll ride in the front.” So he did. And they all fell asleep and crashed and he died and the other two weren’t even hurt. He was my nephew.

Have felt down today at times. Somehow our memories are stored in deep places and a part of us knows there’s something that once was a crashing point in our lives. The loss of someone dear. After more than 30 years why does it hit so hard sometimes. He was only 18 and had been through a lot. Events leading up to his death seemed like a path. Really. And I knew. God prepared me for that, I guess to show me his hand in everything and to help ease the shock.
You know, one of those: “let’s trade places, I’ll ride in the front.” So he did. And they all fell asleep and crashed and he died and the other two weren’t even hurt. He was my nephew.
Because you love 💕

Speaking of dishes, as soon as the water was back on, Mom said "Now you can wash dishes!" (water heater hadn't had time to heat the water yet) and the TV suddenly has an AI voice with text on the screen explaining how to wash dishes by hand. I was like "Who told the TV to eavesdrop and think it was answering questions? And what triggered it to respond?"

Tuesday June 4th 2024
9.07 pm
Tomorrow another day of sweaty too warm week

Full blast fans ..I should install AC but I am too lazy
I probably do it when I will jump a gasket ;)

I feel like a zombie

Anyway ..wish you all a relaxing night in the cool
and no nightmares

PS. My finger feels no more pain and did stop bleeding

Pretty chill day. 8 hours upstairs on the computer, working for the man. But managed to feed critters, dice some jalapenos for the freezer and that's about it.. Hubby home, snoring in the recliner next to me. Work just wears him out anymore..

I’m so sorry for that loss. Those memories do Seem to haunt us throughout our lives.

Last edited:
Well, I took the plunge. Today we bought a chicken coop, game bird feed, feeders, waterers, brooding light. We had a tubbie for brooding the little keets in. I messaged the farmer who hatches guineas and told him we are ready for our chicks. I think I’ll start with 5. I’m tired of all the ticks out here.

Good morning, H&CL! It's a gorgeous sunny day in Albert Lea, Minnesota where I'm working at today. Hopefully it stays that way all day. I have vacation starting tomorrow when I get off work. It'll be my first vacation out of the Midwest since summer of 2004 and I'm looking forward to it!

Stay safe out there and enjoy your day!

Well, I took the plunge. Today we bought a chicken coop, game bird feed, feeders, waterers, brooding light. We had a tubbie for brooding the little keets in. I messaged the farmer who hatches guineas and told him we are ready for our chicks. I think I’ll start with 5. I’m tired of all the ticks out here.
fun! Hope they do well

I haven't even seen our new chicks yet, got sick right after we got them home

At 1:30 this morning, Tiger, the scorpion hunter, alerted us to a potential scorpion in bed!! He got stung a couple of weeks ago and didn't want anything to do with it! So lights on to search for the scorpion....never found it! Hubby and Tiger slept on the couch, Bear and I had the whole bed! Slept until 5am!! Heading out to feed Buddy shortly, nice cool morning because of the breeze off the storms in the city! I'm off today, going to do some yardwork this morning. Spend time with the critters, and I'll grill up a bunch of burgers, will freeze some. Will also make potato salad!!

still sick, temp down to 99 but that's still high for me
Now I am regretting the trip
oh well nothing I can do about but wait till it goes away. I hope it gets better by Saturday , we really have to go to the market or won't many any money ....have lots of stuff to sell too, tons of eggs, meat, and stuff in the garden. Maybe we will go and just sell that and I won't bake bread. If I am still sick I won't go of course .

At 1:30 this morning, Tiger, the scorpion hunter, alerted us to a potential scorpion in bed!! He got stung a couple of weeks ago and didn't want anything to do with it! So lights on to search for the scorpion....never found it! Hubby and Tiger slept on the couch, Bear and I had the whole bed! Slept until 5am!! Heading out to feed Buddy shortly, nice cool morning because of the breeze off the storms in the city! I'm off today, going to do some yardwork this morning. Spend time with the critters, and I'll grill up a bunch of burgers, will freeze some. Will also make potato salad!!
I would probably sleep on the couch too if there was a scorpion in bed!!!

I don't think I have ever seen a live scorpion, not sure they have them in Florida, definitely not here. LOL a cockroach in the house in Florida would make me freak out ( hate those things and they dont even bite) , can't imagine a scorpion LOL
There's way more of them than us in this house!! Lol!

Sonya, I hope you get feeling better soon. Hope it's nothing viral. If its viral then antibiotics won't work and the only thing for it is rest and hydration.

Mo, glad your labs were good and that your primary care doctor is happy. Hope you're feeling well.

My plans for the day were fouled by the thunderstorm. Plus my coordination was off today. I tripped over a dog bed and fell earlier-- landed partway on the couch and wasn't hurt, but it was annoying.

When the rain let up I went to check on stuff in the pump house. The lever for the belt-driven pump that fills the cistern was jammed and didn't trigger it to fill. Jet pump started short-cycling super fast, sparks under the cover and I smelled something burning. Will have to see if water works once the cistern fills more. I really need a different method of detecting the water level to run that belt-driven pump. I tried planning it out before but then got distracted by life.
Do you need some blueprints? I have a design using a simple, modified toilet set up. all PVC.

I don't think I have ever seen a live scorpion, not sure they have them in Florida, definitely not here. LOL a cockroach in the house in Florida would make me freak out ( hate those things and they dont even bite) , can't imagine a scorpion LOL
Yep, they are in Florida, watch out for the small ones...!!!

Yep, they are in Florida, watch out for the small ones...!!!
Great, that's where I'm headed on Monday. One of the great things about living where I live is that there aren't many bitey/stingey critters here. No venomous snakes, no scorpions, no gators, no fire ants, no bears, no wolves, cougars are exceedingly rare. We just have skeeters, flies, gnats, ticks, wasps, and the occasional brown recluse spider. I've already been warned to watch out for snakes in Florida. You just unlocked a new fear for me...😁

Still documenting our processes.

Getting some vape cartridges later.

Cutting down to 2 not 3 meals a day.

Hoping my money comes in, when it does, I'm buying drawing tutorials, and a couple of subscriptions that will help me write a story.

Great, that's where I'm headed on Monday. One of the great things about living where I live is that there aren't many bitey/stingey critters here. No venomous snakes, no scorpions, no gators, no fire ants, no bears, no wolves, cougars are exceedingly rare. We just have skeeters, flies, gnats, ticks, wasps, and the occasional brown recluse spider. I've already been warned to watch out for snakes in Florida. You just unlocked a new fear for me...😁
hope you have a nice trip. Where are you going? If you are going to the theme parks don't worry, no venemous anything there, they make sure of it

Made myself take the dog for a walk. Only went up the mountain a little ways but couldn't do anymore. I am so tired of being sick, can't even remember the last time I felt good ( probably before the trip)
My goal today was to not sit in bed all day like yesterday. So I went and looked at the chicks, and took dog out. Going to cook lunch and do the dishes too. I am totally not hungry. This never happens to me. Wonder how much weight I will lose being sick, not the way I want to lose it....
Sitting in livingroom with a face mask on, to try and not cough virus all over the house and make husband sick too. I told him to stay far away from me until I am better

hope you have a nice trip. Where are you going? If you are going to the theme parks don't worry, no venemous anything there, they make sure of it
We'll be visiting my uncle near Ft. Myers. There will be no theme parks for our visit. We'll spend time with my uncle, and go over to the Atlantic coast for one day. We'll also do some outdoor things along the Gulf side like hunting for shark teeth at Manasota Key.

We'll be visiting my uncle near Ft. Myers. There will be no theme parks for our visit. We'll spend time with my uncle, and go over to the Atlantic coast for one day. We'll also do some outdoor things along the Gulf side like hunting for shark teeth at Manasota Key.
sanibel island used to be pretty nice, but I am not sure they replaced the bridge that got washed out by the last hurricane yet
either way have fun, and hope you don't catch anything on the plane ( unless you are driving)

The storms have arrived, it is dark... low rumbling thunder, bands of moderate rain, no torrential downpours yet.
So what better to do than back cupcakes, pumpkin bread, start some chicken and dumplings for lunch with my cousin who is passing through around lunchtime..

It makes it really hard to do my real job.. upstairs on the computer all day. Only their productivity requirements keep me honest! LOL

Otherwise, I love working from home!

sanibel island used to be pretty nice, but I am not sure they replaced the bridge that got washed out by the last hurricane yet
either way have fun, and hope you don't catch anything on the plane ( unless you are driving)
Sanibel has reopened but it's not fully repaired. Uncle lives about 20 minutes from the bridge and he says you can get there and the beaches are open. My daughter really wants to see dolphins so we'll likely take a boat tour of the bay on a dolphin cruise. We may take a boat ride up the river there to see gators and the other various marine life. The good Everglades airboat rides are a couple hours away from my uncle but that's an option too.

Latest posts

Back