What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee, Just finished patching up the neighbors "good" chore truck somebody messed up one of plug wire heat shields so that you couldn't get a socket on the plug, must have happened a while ago, the plug was not the same as the rest, and wrecked, it took some skill or just plain onery to get around the boo boo. runs way better on all 8

Had to quit early today. My lower back, hip and leg was hurting really bad. The wife had to help me down to the house. At least I got most of what I wanted to accomplish today done. I'll probably go out after dinner and cut the tent poles. But right now I'm enjoying a fine cigar and sipping on a cold drink (soda pop) out on the back deck.
We turned the chickens and ducks loose in the orchard today. They're enjoying it.

After tending to the garden I started working out how to secure the water tank in the bed of the side by side. I found some locking straps in my cache that fit nicely. Searched but didn't find any d- ring tie downs. Ordered from Amazon.

Ben

Last edited:
@dademoss it is a ryobi mower. I like using it. It is quieter, don’t have to make sure I have gas in it, it runs smoother, I feel like I walked a Yorkie or Pekingese afterwards instead of a Malamute.
I’ve got an Ego and love it. I hate dealing with gas cans

Crazy busy day at work after missing Friday. Then got the call that my uncle passed away.
So tonight in his honor I'm smoking one of my favorite cigars. My 2 uncles and papaw would always let share in their after dinner cigars. Great memories.
I’m sorry for your loss. Like Patch said, good uncles are a gift.

@dademoss it is a ryobi mower. I like using it. It is quieter, don’t have to make sure I have gas in it, it runs smoother, I feel like I walked a Yorkie or Pekingese afterwards instead of a Malamute.
They are nice, I have an EGO electric mower that is still running great after 5 years. It's perfect for a smaller lot.

They are nice, I have an EGO electric mower that is still running great after 5 years. It's perfect for a smaller lot.
I had a rechargeable 25 years ago. Lead acid batteries were heavy and would only cut half of yard before needing a recharge. Wasn't self propelled which didn't mix well with the hillside I call a yard.

I gave it to The Princess for the lake. That property is small and flat.

The Princess is quite happy with her Roomba and has been pushing getting one of those robot lawn mowers. We will see.

Ben

Five years?!? I’m so happy to hear that.
I did replace the blade this spring :).

MODEL NO.USESERIAL NO.PURCHASE DATEPLACE
LM2102SPResidentialPower+ 21" Self-Propelled Mower with 7.5Ah battery and rapid charger
Product:LM04181128898x
Charger:CH02181128898x
Battery:BA06181128898x
04 / 11 / 19

Cleaning up the kitchen from canning up 12 half pints blueberry jam.
Made 12 miniature cheesecakes from scratch for the freezer.
Seperated meat purchased from Alidi's last week.
Everything divided into meal portions got 16 meals.
Will be making another Alidi run tomorrow to pick up a few more things.
You had me at cheesecake :D. YUMMMMMM

Had to quit early today. My lower back, hip and leg was hurting really bad. The wife had to help me down to the house. At least I got most of what I wanted to accomplish today done. I'll probably go out after dinner and cut the tent poles. But right now I'm enjoying a fine cigar and sipping on a cold drink (soda pop) out on the back deck.
We turned the chickens and ducks loose in the orchard today. They're enjoying it.
Did you make it to the chiropractor yet?

Been working on a B-ust O-ut A-nother T-housand for two days in the heat of the day,
Need to see it leaving out for someone else's home.

Fired up good, runs, shifts and everything is doing pretty well on it, cleaned it up, needs the engine cover redone and some seat work really.

It is on a tandem hydraulic brake trailer.

4.3 Mercruiser with 3 blade stainless speed prop, I would rather have an aluminum 4 blade power prop.

A friend of mine has 2 454 V drive setups for sale, They have overrun clutches and are L and R.

I haven't asked yet how much but I am thinking of an aluminum barge with them for power.

I just have to wonder how many Thousand the rig would make a man bust out!!!

1718075275522.png

Getting ready

iu

Busy morning; was to meet my daughter at the supermarket at 8.45 after her driving lesson. She uses the instructors car. Half full trolley (lots of bargains in the the due date aisle) and she rings me to say its lashing rain and she has no coat, could I come get her. Abandon trolley tear out to get her and back to pick up the trolley. Was in a rush when packing the bags as she had to get to work, so I dropped a box of cat food into the trolley. As I did so, the cardboard gave me a 'paper cut'down the side of my right hand little finger. Congratulating myself for not swearing out loud, I continued packing, then realized I was dropping blood everywhere! The teller ran off to get a bandage - for both of us it was turning into one of those days. She's already had a few funny incidents.
Home, everything put away - got an absolute bargain on some huge roast beefs, now nestled at the bottom of the freezer.
Cooked half price chicken for a few days lunches, and meatballs in the slow cooker for dinners. Hit the 15k mark on my dissertation, and received a small grant from the Writing Council to be used for their six week workshops. 'Happy days' as they say over here. Sitting with a coffee and a stinging hand 😂

just woke up, one of the side effects of these viruses is that I am sleeping way more than I usually do. I think I slept almost 10 hours wow

Have to go get up and get goat unstuck, someone is stuck in the fence.

today animal care plus going to try and pull more weeds from the garden , put some more green beans in water to see if I can start over with them. I will start them in pots this time and see if that works. Something ate the first few batches

Magpie, do you ever get nice weather over there? congrats on your grant
what are you writing?
You know, it seems this year has just sucked more than usual - or the last three summers has spoiled us. Apparently though it was a lot warmer than normal in May, but wetter also.
Thank you - My MA dissertation is on Steinbeck and Annie Proulx, but I write short stories and poetry also. My degree last year was in Writing and Literature.

Latest posts

Back