What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Magpie, sorry you cut your hand-- that actually happened to me before. I think it was on cat food too-- started bleeding at checkout but the cashier wasn't allowed to leave and had no bandaids around. She did give me a tissue to wrap around it though.

@LadyLocust Ah, I remember the dead ant joke. Always loved the Pink Panther. Reminds me that Voiceplay did a short video of their acapella version of the theme song.

@sonya I hope you get feeling better and get some energy back. Being that exhausted/tired really sucks.

Friend isn't able to come out today since his wife is unwell and he wants to stay with her to make sure she's OK. I completely understand.

Got my cousin's son to send me the link to his register as well as info on where time and location (Mom misplaced the letter from them). Need to doublecheck with Mom to make sure she will approve of an RSVP. Takes almost 3 hours to get there and back and wedding and reception are from 3pm to 9pm. I think it is likely we will bow out before 9.

Today I’m bitting my tongue. I mean I made enough jokes here yesterday (so I’m not wearing my smartass hat) and I had some practice at work today in that regard - bitting my tongue.
Wasn’t exactly a good day and no real problems, just a good reminder that it’s time to move on, for greener pastures regarding employment.

Last edited:
Did you slap your leg like a galloping horse while you sang that.

On that note: What did the inspector say when he stepped on an ant?
*Dead-ant, Dead-ant, Dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant 🎶 (Mods please don't ban me.)
We had a Forest agent to survey our private forest and sounded like that for a bit...

Dead elm, dead elm, dead elm....

Ben

I spent most of the day leaving my desk to move trickling hoses around my garden... only to have a huge storm cell closing in on us right now... lol

I spent most of the day leaving my desk to move trickling hoses around my garden... only to have a huge storm cell closing in on us right now... lol
I checked Me water meter one early AM, if I leave the hose with a trickle the meter doesn't turn and water still comes out...

please delete that message later this evening as most employees are off now but there are still a couple of time zones some will 🐝 active in...?!?
:lightbulb:

Last edited:
I'm sitting out a severe t-storm in my truck in the town I clean in! Left my job and several roads got closed down due to wrecks in the high water! The storm is headed north, northeast towards home! Hubby just texted, he is home, said not to attempt to head that way yet, creek is over the road! I'm parked at a park, just watched someone hydroplane into an existing wreck on Main Street ! 🙄😮 Guess I'll look at the radar, see if I can head home soon!!
did you get home ok? Wow you are getting all the rain in one year this year....

Gummies are available here, but I appreciate the thought!

Well, I saw the doctor without much crap at the new place, going tomorrow to the pharmacy to get some meds. no feel-goods, but who cares if the pain stops? I see him again on the 26th.
Gummies you say. I think I'll have a 250 and zonk!
Somehow I thought they were still illegal in your State....
Mine are probably better LOL, homemade! ( they are stronger than the pharmacy ones, I can only take 1/4 except when I was feeling really sick and took half)

Made a new friend in Florida today...
Messenger_creation_223bd7b4-ff24-4e59-bd78-98e942fad8eb.jpeg

So, I watched how to remove the pressure switch and then went to try it myself to put the new one on. Breaker off, tested to make sure no power in the lines, took picture of setup before removing anything, but there was this one nut that holds the switch onto the pump with a nut and I could not get that thing loose. The shape of the switch's frame blocked me from getting a good angle with my wrench. I tried pliers (didn't have channel lock, but couldn't get them to go in there anyway bc of the metal in the way. Tried screwdrivers. Put the flathead on the bump and smacked it with the wrench but that didn't work. I have terrible aim and the screwdriver kept slipping off. I was afraid I was going to hit one of the wires. So I messaged my friend and he came out. I had mosquito spray for him, a chair set out, cleared a path and had the tools he needed. He got the old switch off and new switch on for me. Made sure all wires were secure.

Unfortunately, switch is making some awful noise still when it pumps and I don't know what the problem is. It's possible I had two defective switches in a row with my luck though. Will be posting the video in the plumbing forums to see if anyone knows what is going on. I hope pipe dope didn't clog anything. It was used on the part that the pressure switch twisted on to (not the part with the nut). There was a hose it had to go on that had threads.

Dropped friend off after more troubleshooting and just deciding that I will keep an eye on things and hope the new switch holds out. Will be buying another one as a backup just in case. I went to Walmart to grab some dark chocolate for friend's wife, got some crunch bars for his daughter, and some frozen food for all of them. I know its stuff they like. their freezer is now loaded up. I went to his daughter's bedroom door and said "Candygram" but in a similar voice to the Land Shark in an SNL skit. She came out and hugged me and said I'm the best. LOL.

I hit a coyote pup last night, it ran right under my tire ..I wasnt going fast because , I never do at 0130.
Driving off the mountain, it seems I'm often dodging critters and there is barely any traffic in the early hours, I'm tired so I go slow..40-45 ish.
The little guy musta got spooked at the last few seconds.
I turned around to make sure it was dead..it wasnt.
I think my tire crushed its middle body, blood was pouring out its mouth and nose..it couldnt even cry n whimper. I think it was just struggling to breath at this point.
It raised its head to look at me, then lowered it. its tail was moving a tiny bit in a strained way showcasing it pain and effort to breath.
I put a bullet in its head
I hate to see critters suffer..even a coyote pup.
I’m glad you put that pup out of its pain. It’s the right thing to do.
When it's done.
I want to read it, too.
Surest way to get some rain—water your garden.
That’s the truth. I have to water tomorrow after the thrift store but I doubt we’ll get any rain.

Attachments

• IMG_2110.png
    IMG_2110.png
    1.6 MB
I’m glad you put that pup out of its pain. It’s the right thing to do.

I want to read it, too.

That’s the truth. I have to water tomorrow after the thrift store but I doubt we’ll get any rain.
I watered this evening and there won't 🐝 any rain in sight til near Sunday, may🐝 change that to Rainday...?!?

iu

I am feeling ok now, so today we are going to pick up our processed meat plus some shopping. We will see how I feel after
Husband was ok yesterday and weedeated some

The weather is really nice right now but we are starting to need some rain. Pasture is looking a little dry already and we have been watering what's left of the garden every day. It's weird how a week of no rain affects this area. And it's been only a week

The barn cats are eyeing the door and eyeing me when I took the pup out for a bathroom break. No food or water for them, yet. Catching all the girls this morning and off they go to get fixed. Then we'll feed the kittens. The roofer took one of the kittens home yesterday, so that leaves maybe 15 of them.
Dropping off female cats this morning, then animal chores, early lunch, then dentist for husband and I (ugh), then picking up cats to come home. Need to water, too. Maybe it's a pickup dinner from the amish place tonight kind of night.

Latest posts

Back