What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the pantry cleaning:
I think Estelle might be semi right.
We will need more pickles.
This is what I have left after 45 flats of pickles last year
1 flat of wimpy kid friend pickle(very mild)
1 flat of kid friendly pickle(medium)
1 flat of wimpy teen pickle(mild)
1 flat of teen pickle(medium)
1 flat of wimpy adult(mild)
1 flat of adult pickle(Hot)
1/2 flat of Granny's Hair on Fire, Sweating pickle.
My Cowboy Candy is pretty much same scale as pickles.
My pickles are bread and butter and dill.

Spring has sprung.
Battling flies inside and outside.
Humid.
Had my little helper today for about 5 hours.
Inquering 6 year old minds wanted to know if she gifted me half pint canning jars at Christmas?
Wasn't she supposed to get even trade of my homemade pickles and blueberry jam?
Answer:?????
Answer: 1 pint of Bread and Butter pickles
1- half pint of Blueberry Jam.
Same rules apply to her too.
If you bring my jars back, you get another jar of pickles.
No jar-NO PICKLES or JAM.

Last edited:
The morning was rained out but we went to Manasota Key in the afternoon. Then in the evening we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset over Charlotte Harbor with dolphins playing in the shallows...
20240612_135412.jpg

20240612_202114.jpg

Back to the pharmacy, I might grab some sun, after a month in bed I look like a goth or the Unabomber or something. I think I need to trim up a bit too, I'm a bit scary-looking.

@Spikedriver glad you’re getting some sunshine. My family in FL has been getting a lot of rain. More than normal.
The rain has been crazy! Sarasota, just north of where we are, got from 5 to 7 inches in one day. My uncle said they were in a bad drought so it was needed but I wish it had held off for a few more days. It's been messing with our vacation. It is what it is though. We're still making memories...

Update on the pantry cleaning:
I think Estelle might be semi right.
We will need more pickles.
This is what I have left after 45 flats of pickles last year
1 flat of wimpy kid friend pickle(very mild)
1 flat of kid friendly pickle(medium)
1 flat of wimpy teen pickle(mild)
1 flat of teen pickle(medium)
1 flat of wimpy adult(mild)
1 flat of adult pickle(Hot)
1/2 flat of Granny's Hair on Fire, Sweating pickle.
My Cowboy Candy is pretty much same scale as pickles.
My pickles are bread and butter and dill.
LOVE THE AVATAR!!😉💗

The barn cats are eyeing the door and eyeing me when I took the pup out for a bathroom break. No food or water for them, yet. Catching all the girls this morning and off they go to get fixed. Then we'll feed the kittens. The roofer took one of the kittens home yesterday, so that leaves maybe 15 of them.
Dropping off female cats this morning, then animal chores, early lunch, then dentist for husband and I (ugh), then picking up cats to come home. Need to water, too. Maybe it's a pickup dinner from the amish place tonight kind of night.
Sounds like our house, cats everywhere you look, inside and out! Thankfully we have gotten all ours fixed except two stray males, so no more babies!!🙀😹😹

picked up our meat yesterday, did the shopping and got some hay bales delivered from our neighbor down the road. They look pretty good. We are now all worried about lack of rain now . Usually most of our hay is second cutting because the sheep and goats like it better but there might not be much of one if it doesn't rain soon. This happened one year since we moved here and we had to go buy hay from further away
Always some problem with the weather, too much rain, not enough rain, too hot, too cold.....uggh!

did not sleep well last night, was very tired so I didn't take a gummi and sure enough woke up in the middle of the night and couldn;t go back to sleep
but have to make bread dough for the market today , it has to sit in fridge overnight.
husband has to move the hay bales we got ( one rolled down the hill while unloading LOL, glad it didn't damage anything)

debating on when to pick cherries and blueberries for the market. today would be better since I am baking tomorrow, but not sure they will stay good for 2 days

70 degrees sounds pretty wonderful to me, MT Trapper, and not too hot. It's 90 something right now and hitting 100 tomorrow.
We have a countertop ice maker, too small for what you want, but I do love it.
Have fun with your grandkids.
Dentist was ugh. Debating on dentures or a ton of work done. Ben can probably weigh in on this.
Girl cats are home and recovering. The Darling Five. Ha Ha. They were hungry and ready to eat. Now to find homes for all the kittens.

my comment on the dentist: I have decided to at least maintain one side of my mouth so I can chew properly. I just had a crown put on the one that broke off. But I have heard from other people that if you get all your teeth pulled when you are very old it can mess you up. My grandmother had dentures as long as I can remember and she lived to old age. I hate going to the dentist , good luck
matter of cost too, when I went to the dentist he gave me the prices for partial dentures, implants, and crown ( of course just having it pulled and doing nothing was cheapest but then you can't chew). The crown was actually the cheapest for now

I was rough on my teeth early opening beer bottles and things like that, I still have all but two I had to get pulled after they had been crowned and root canaled at about 24 and redone once after.

All but four of them are crowns' Good thing I had good Dental ins all my life I pay $100 a month for it now.😤

I overbrush them so they never even do anything but polish them at yearly cleaning.

My last dentist (RIP DDS and good friend Dr. W McLanahan) said receding gums were the enemy of older people.

He wants two fillings, I tooth pulled, and two crowned. I am thinking about what I want to do. Nothing hurts or looks terrible at the moment.
It'll be over 100 degrees today. Probably nuts, but am going to visit my favorite cousin this afternoon, and no AC there. Haven't seen her since my mom's funeral. She's been out of state with her daughter in Ohio.

I'm so tan I look black!!😮
I always used to look like dark copper from My Indian blood I guess, Never burned just turned deep red nearly purple and then copper.

Havent had a good suntan for years now, just got a half farmers tan light brown.

We need some of them pool pics to see how black you are, some of the Al, La, Ms, Tn dwellers may need to teach you, the Nola-Delta dialect HEHEHEHE.

Sarasota,
I'm from just north of there, Bradenton. I hope you have some good days for beaching!

Bo and I walked.
Had DH's video appt. with VA rheumatologist.
Walked dogs.
Changed a few light bulbs.
Now, to make some cannabis tincture.

I work in the town that has the Bonnaroo music festival . It's looking kind of 3rd worldish right now . So far nothing bad has happened this year . But this is just day 1 .
It draws people from all over the world . Most are here just to attend the shows , but like any e event . It draws predatory types too . Just glad it's not near home .

Back to the pharmacy, I might grab some sun, after a month in bed I look like a goth or the Unabomber or something. I think I need to trim up a bit too, I'm a bit scary-looking.
They screwed up my prescription AGAIN! Then the stupid cripple cart died a hundred feet from my car and I had to limp around and get a shopping cart and transfer everything, it was then it dawned on me I couldn't carry all this crap in one trip with my bum foot... life will not be fun today.

Posted my three pictures I made on the wall. Tonight begins book 2 of the black mage handbook, starting with chakra associations. Saving a song to listen to on repeat for ten hours straight like last week. Making the rest of my steaks and putting them in the fridge for the weekend writing session. Calling my brother later too.

70 degrees sounds pretty wonderful to me, MT Trapper, and not too hot. It's 90 something right now and hitting 100 tomorrow.
We have a countertop ice maker, too small for what you want, but I do love it.
Have fun with your grandkids.
Dentist was ugh. Debating on dentures or a ton of work done. Ben can probably weigh in on this.
Girl cats are home and recovering. The Darling Five. Ha Ha. They were hungry and ready to eat. Now to find homes for all the kittens.
If I had to do over where dentures are concerned.
I would pull them all, but no dentures.
I have had nothing but trouble with my top plate since I got them.
When I get a bit of money saved, then I will decide if that's what I want to do.

If I had to do over where dentures are concerned.
I would pull them all, but no dentures.
I have had nothing but trouble with my top plate since I got them.
When I get a bit of money saved, then I will decide if that's what I want to do.
I have been saying that very thing since 2001.

Latest posts

Back