What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up at 4 am to get ready for the morning rush gonna try to get some cutting grass in before the hea of the day.

Have to do the whole run this week and watch the rain make it come right back next week HEHEHEH

gonna cut it all down to 2" this time and push all the clippings to the perimeter and in the ditch hope enough to burn and clean the ditches out good the day before the rain.

Cleaning for my regular Monday couple! Haven't been there in weeks because they got horribly sick after an out of town trip! The husband is in the hospital, the wife has been sitting with him during the days! A granddaughter has been helping them so the house is fairly clean, going to change sheets, do floors, etc.!

iu

Continuing mowing around the house today. I guess it's about 3 or 4 acres total. Still taking out trees and brush in that area too. Digging post holes for 2 bird feeders and another one to replace a rotted post at the raspberries. Need to lay out the deck extension and dig the post holes for it too. Going to order a couple loads of 3/4" minus gravel for the fire pit and BBQ pit area. It's going to be 16'×16'. Then I'll pour a slab adjoining it where I'll build the BBQ pit. We'll just do the lay out on that project today.
After lunch I'll do some welding on the new utility trailer and cut the tent poles for the wall tent. I'd like to get it set up soon.

Wrote for ten hours day before yesterday. Wrote for five yesterday. Hoping to finish "Book 1" Today for my Black Magick Handbook. I listened to "Vacatiion" By dirty heads for the ten hour day before yesterday, I don't remember what I listened to yesterday. But today I'm listening to bimbo-core playlists on youtube.

Cleaning for my regular Monday couple! Haven't been there in weeks because they got horribly sick after an out of town trip! The husband is in the hospital, the wife has been sitting with him during the days! A granddaughter has been helping them so the house is fairly clean, going to change sheets, do floors, etc.!
I have a friend who owns a pharmacy on an island in PNW. She just posted that another variant is making the rounds and they can't get the medications that help people to feel better. She is advising people to stay home as much as possible. It seems that many people I know get sick when they travel. I imagine airports and cruise ships are great ways to spread viruses.

I think that I had a norovirus a couple weeks ago when I was vomiting and sitting on the porcelain throne, but I can say that I am still not 100%. I can eat and keep it down.

Thanks for reminder about mowing, @12icemaker , it seems easier with the new rechargeable mower the kids got for me.
Then off to see my son and grandkids. His kids had tonsillectomies recently and have a long recovery 2 weeks. Still they are feeling miserable.
Have an appointment this afternoon.
Oh Oh, what kind of rechargeable mower?

I'm not always reading everything on this thread and looked to see what is up with you. I hope you feel better soon.
thanks, no problem. I am already feeling a little better now, made blueberry muffins and had 2 , that means I am better. Even yesterday I had to force myself to eat something
husband is better too, he didn't get anywhere near as sick as our son and myself and is out there weedeating right now

Trapping woodchucks , got 4 today and I think there is a couple more.
Inherited a small house this yr. and there is a colony living underneath.
Got three more in the last couple days , I think that's all of them .
Glad I bought those Have a Heart traps

Got the new posts in to replace the rotted ones in the raspberry patch. Got 4 rows of raspberry and black berries that I need to attach some 16' livestock panels to the posts. We've got about 18 rows of grape, raspberry and blackberry plants, each row is 16 to 32 feet long.
We have some 4 year old concord grape plants and some golden raspberry plants being delivered tomorrow.
I pulled the last 5 raised beds out of our old garden. In a couple weeks I'll start building some new raised beds closer to the house.
Got one of the wife's bird feeders put up in the back yard. Got one more post hole to finish digging, then I'll start pulling down the old fence around the garden and the old corral.

Got the new posts in to replace the rotted ones in the raspberry patch. Got 4 rows of raspberry and black berries that I need to attach some 16' livestock panels to the posts. We've got about 18 rows of grape, raspberry and blackberry plants, each row is 16 to 32 feet long.
We have some 4 year old concord grape plants and some golden raspberry plants being delivered tomorrow.
I pulled the last 5 raised beds out of our old garden. In a couple weeks I'll start building some new raised beds closer to the house.
Got one of the wife's bird feeders put up in the back yard. Got one more post hole to finish digging, then I'll start pulling down the old fence around the garden and the old corral.

Got up, worked out, cleaned up, strapped on a pistol, drove for a few hours and covered for a buddy on a PSD. I am glad I did too, because I learned that if I am ever offered a regular position doing personal security for a the child/nanny of some really rich people I will turn it down very quickly. Yikes. Anyway came home just in time to watch the lady leave for work. After some internet time I will go do some chores and get cooking dinner.

Started out with goals. Had to do things at 3 different places, which I did. Remembered a couple of more things, took care of those. Started washing clothes & I'm on my 5th load (I wish it was a 5th of something else). Tried to solve my longest running problem, the company distracted me so I'll call them again tomorrow. I was going to throw some business at a new eye doctor but the signs in his office were off-putting. As in you pay up front & we will file with Medicare & apply it toward the balance that you owe us. Huh? The other place I go just charges medicare & that it's. So my goal for tomorrow is make an appoint....nope, I forgot I'm taking my car in for a recall repair so I'll be without it all day.

still alive but not a ton better

so more of the same today
I am going to attempt some weedeating today if I feel up to it
Just be sure not to get too hot, if you have any temp it can get you overheated pretty quick, be active but careful!!! with lotsa fluid too.

Latest posts

Back