What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

I read your post and thought hmmm wonder where those towns are, never heard of anything like that and then I saw you are in Australia LOL
maybe you can get a crown put on the tooth, I just had one done last month. They can take an x ray and see if the root is ok, and if it is they can put that on and should last a while
I did actually suggest putting a cap in but head dentist who is supervising the Uni SA dentistry students advised to take as much out as possible to prevent any nasty infection from happening down the track

Luckily my nerves are still intact according to the xray taken its no big loss to be honest as it's only the third tooth I've ever lost from my bottom row as said molar has flared up a few times so it may free up space if there's any crowded teeth still underneath it wanting to come in

Still dealing with special friend's Sunday shopping experience....
Cooked up 5 pounds of bulk sausage.
Will be making some with gravy and getting it canned up for future breakfast meals.
Will be canning up sausage, eggs, potatoes casseroles in pint jars.
Will probably do something similar with the ground beef he bought too.
Started reading my first case yesterday afternoon.
Pearl, Patch, you all be nice to my special friend while he's working in Texas for the next week.
I so enjoy his company, but I also enjoy my life when he's working some place else too.
He told me he couldn't tell me what he does for a living.
So I told him what he does for a living, I do be believe he was shocked that I knew.
Duh!
I'm giggling this morning.
He does some of what I did in the military, just as Department of Defense contractor.
My security clearance is higher than his.
He has no clue of what I did in the military.
And I am still giggling.
Will be cooking up some more of his shopping experiences from Sunday.
Taco for supper. Or at least my version of tacos.
Went yesterday a checked a new gym, community center over in the next town.
Pretty nice facility, doing research to see if it will be cost effective for me.

In any case, we'll know tomorrow.
I hope your dad is doing well!
first nightmare I had in years. Just because of a insect bite
Only time I ever have a nightmare is when I take extra allergy meds. That is a side effect.
Husband's birthday today
I hope he has a Happy Birthday! Don't over work yourself!

Walked early this morning.
Paid bills.
Going to help friend finish getting her medical card and then take her to local grocery.
Last night of revival tonight. Appetizers after.

Working on my generator some more. Setting a deadline of end of the year just for the "motor" section. It is illegal to produce and sell this technology on the open market. Cannot make components to sell or good blueprints material lists. You can however make and use for yourself. There has been several people meet mysterious fates by going against the Gov over this tech.

Picked Blueberries yesterday & will be back at it today, still have green berries, so may ripen second week of August.
Need a new lawnmower.

Doctoring wildlife!! Mama deer (Burberry's mother) came up limping on a hind leg! Some raw places on her fetlock, fence maybe? So I mixed some horse aspirin in molasses and mixed that in deer corn...she ate it, hope it helps her! If she says close I'll do it again this evening! So a second day off (today and Monday), then no days off for two weeks!! Got a lot done, need to vacuum yet! I even washed my truck and car!! Heading for a nap before Hubby gets home! 😉

I'm back on the clock at the Glidden derailment. Right now there is a train dead on the tracks, parked on top of what we need to work on. So I'm in the truck hanging out til he moves.

I did find out that I'll show up here tomorrow at 6am and then drive to Nebraska on the clock. That's going to be nice. I am getting a little tired of all the windshield time though.

The train just started moving so it's time to get back to work. Have a good day, everybody!

Husband's birthday today....so a very busy day. Last birthday he spent in the hospital, so I know this one will be better. Lots of cooking and preparing. Little granddaughter and daughter will be helping, too.
Happy Birthday Mr. AH 🎂 Party 'til the guineas come home 😁

Got up, worked out, went on a short hike, got cleaned up, did some chores and now I am sort of wasting time until I have to go. I have a meeting today with my lawyer that could be interesting and after that I have a dinner date with the Lady. A dinner date that is not a date and will not end up in a tent down by the river.

Got the new post in for the mailbox. That was hard digging in the road bed, but I did manage to go down 2-1/2 feet.
We're having a bad problem with yellow jackets this year. They've almost completely wiped out the strawberry and raspberry crop. We only manage to eat a few strawberries and picked about a half bucket of raspberries. I hung up 4 yellow jacket traps. Then last week I ordered 6 bait stations. For these I'm baiting with jelly, strawberry syrup and cat food, with a nice shot of Onslaught. The idea is the YJ's feed on it then take it back to the nest, killing the entire colony. It's almost a full time job around here trapping, poisoning, spraying, gassing and shooting pests.

Doctoring wildlife!! Mama deer (Burberry's mother) came up limping on a hind leg! Some raw places on her fetlock, fence maybe? So I mixed some horse aspirin in molasses and mixed that in deer corn...she ate it, hope it helps her! If she says close I'll do it again this evening! So a second day off (today and Monday), then no days off for two weeks!! Got a lot done, need to vacuum yet! I even washed my truck and car!! Heading for a nap before Hubby gets home! 😉
Did she have a appointment or was she a walk in???

Working on my generator some more. Setting a deadline of end of the year just for the "motor" section. It is illegal to produce and sell this technology on the open market. Cannot make components to sell or good blueprints material lists. You can however make and use for yourself. There has been several people meet mysterious fates by going against the Gov over this tech.
Interesting

They harvested the wheat all around yesterday so it looks like it snowed but don’t let it trick ya. This snow is itchier and makes you sneeze. I’ve been trying to hose everything thing down but can’t find my most powerful nozzle so I can do the roofs. Have water going. Supposed to be back to triple digits tomorrow so trying to get things well watered.

A special person I know in Texas is cranky tonight.
I'm not but he is slightly cranky.
I'm giggling, laughing out loud.
We talked on Face Time this evening.....
And I noticed a service member I knew on his crew.
So I addressed the service member just as I had for more than 10 years.
We served together numerous times in various duty stations.
He didn't like it.
Okay me laughing at his childish behavior probably didn't help the situation.
Oh well.

A special person I know in Texas is cranky tonight.
I'm not but he is slightly cranky.
I'm giggling, laughing out loud.
We talked on Face Time this evening.....
And I noticed a service member I knew on his crew.
So I addressed the service member just as I had for more than 10 years.
We served together numerous times in various duty stations.
He didn't like it.
Okay me laughing at his childish behavior probably didn't help the situation.
Oh well.
I also knew about 15 other members of his crew.
Found out several members of his crew don't like his attitude.
And they think he's careless with Intel.
Being careless can get you killed.
Told them be careful if it feels hinky take precations.
I have served with these men and women, I would trust them with my life.
And that says a lot.

Hey @hashbrown we had a whole conversation about you earlier. How did you come by your handle? 😁
I was working an out of state job back when the economy had crashed. It was a dirt haul and I had several truckers working for me. Most of them ate breakfast at the same restaurant as I did every morning they had the best hashbrowns and every morning I would get a double order. You know truckers everyone has a handle, they dubbed me hashbrown been that ever since.

I was working an out of state job back when the economy had crashed. It was a dirt haul and I had several truckers working for me. Most of them ate breakfast at the same restaurant as I did every morning they had the best hashbrowns and every morning I would get a double order. You know truckers everyone has a handle, they dubbed me hashbrown been that ever since.
Hey. It was a complement to the cook right? Hubby will often order two full breakfasts and they always seem amazed when he eats it all 🤣

Had to take care of vehicle stuff today. Renewed registration on the CRV (had to take Mom in to do that) so it could get inspection sticker. Bro took it to get an oil change. I had to tell him what oil and filter to get. He renewed registration on his truck. I got the inspection done on the truck I drive but driver side headlight was out. Melvin said he'd pass it if I promised to get it fixed soon. So I went to Autozone and bought a set of Sylvania LEDs. Had the guy at Autozone replace the dead bulb. So the vehicles all have fresh inspection stickers & registration now. Well, Bro's truck doesn't run so it still will need inspection sticker once it is fixed.

Got mom coffee at McDonalds and I got a burger with one of the app deals. Also picked up school supplies for friend's kid. Man, they demanda lot for kids nowadays. When I was a kid they just wanted a pack or two of pencils. Now it's binders, paper, pens, colored pencils, pencils, dividers, clorox wipes, highlighters, dry erase markers, Kleenex tissues, glue sticks, paper protectors, etc. And on top of that they make parents pay $15 "activity fee" for kids. I can't imagine how much it costs for parents with more than one kid. It was over $70 of supplies with tax. Sales and service tax here is 10.45% and the school board gets 3% of it.

Cooked for Mom when I got home since she didn't get anything other than coffee. Fell asleep at my keyboard. Trying to wake myself up again. need to change Mom's canula.

Gee, I read about all your busy interesting lives, and here I am, stuck with a fractured vertebrae, unable to do anything other than dishes and laundry. It's been a full month already, and I suspect it will be another month before I will resemble anything normal. I have to wait until Aug 22nd before I visit the Neurosurgeon for a full exam!! I've never been laid up like this for so long!!!

So keep the stories coming ...I'm living vicariously through y'all!!

Wow, took me a while to catch up. Haven't had time or energy to be online much lately.
Last Saturday I finally put up the framework for the new greenhouse I bought last spring. I have a lot of bolt tightening and squaring up and fine tuning to do to both greenhouses, then hopefully can find a day for my friends to come over and help me put on the plastic.
Contractor giving me trouble about putting in the gas line for the generator. "Going to be hard, gee this is difficult" and so on. He's complaining about having to go under the sidewalk and avoid the sewerline and the main electric line to trench the new gas line in. I'm thinking he should have noticed all that when he came and looked everything over to give me the quote. Which I'm holding him to.
Very glad I had him put in the minisplit, it's been so stinking hot and humid and I get so sick trying to work outside that it's a lifesaver to come in to an air conditioned house.
The county fair is this week and I actually got caught in a traffic jam in my little town. Took two cycles to get through the light! I fully intend to stay home until it's all over and town quiets down again.

Back