What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, I read about all your busy interesting lives, and here I am, stuck with a fractured vertebrae, unable to do anything other than dishes and laundry. It's been a full month already, and I suspect it will be another month before I will resemble anything normal. I have to wait until Aug 22nd before I visit the Neurosurgeon for a full exam!! I've never been laid up like this for so long!!!

So keep the stories coming ...I'm living vicariously through y'all!!
Take care of yourself so it doesn’t last longer. And until you go see the Doc. you take care of you- I’m shaking my momma finger at you 😉

Wow, took me a while to catch up. Haven't had time or energy to be online much lately.
Last Saturday I finally put up the framework for the new greenhouse I bought last spring. I have a lot of bolt tightening and squaring up and fine tuning to do to both greenhouses, then hopefully can find a day for my friends to come over and help me put on the plastic.
Contractor giving me trouble about putting in the gas line for the generator. "Going to be hard, gee this is difficult" and so on. He's complaining about having to go under the sidewalk and avoid the sewerline and the main electric line to trench the new gas line in. I'm thinking he should have noticed all that when he came and looked everything over to give me the quote. Which I'm holding him to.
Very glad I had him put in the minisplit, it's been so stinking hot and humid and I get so sick trying to work outside that it's a lifesaver to come in to an air conditioned house.
The county fair is this week and I actually got caught in a traffic jam in my little town. Took two cycles to get through the light! I fully intend to stay home until it's all over and town quiets down again.
That’s when you say in a totally sweet voice “Oh but challenges keep us sharp.” 😉

Working on my generator some more. Setting a deadline of end of the year just for the "motor" section. It is illegal to produce and sell this technology on the open market. Cannot make components to sell or good blueprints material lists. You can however make and use for yourself. There has been several people meet mysterious fates by going against the Gov over this tech.
What kind of generator is this, and what makes it so top secret? I have parts manuals and schematics for all my generators.

I will say like a dear friend of mine always say * Another day in the can* :)

Last day of July 2024

A new start tomorrow ::: AUGUST 2024

* @teeceetx =====Aug 22nd before I visit the Neurosurgeon ***
3 more weeks......... you will see time fly fast 🥰

I am tired of Summer ...please please OCTOBER come to me ..oh yeah!

Did not much today

Wish all a very good night rest and sleep🥱 😴

I will sleep in my bed tonight..Dane Girl already sleeping

Last edited:
iu

Sad news as my bff’s father passed away suddenly yesterday evening. She was with him and I don't have hardly a thing for details except what she told me a couple of days ago. He was 90-ish. I've known him almost my whole life, since I was like 10.
I really don't like this stuff. I'm sorry to share sad news but this is what we do here.

Sad news as my bff’s father passed away suddenly yesterday evening. She was with him and I don't have hardly a thing for details except what she told me a couple of days ago. He was 90-ish. I've known him almost my whole life, since I was like 10.
I really don't like this stuff. I'm sorry to share sad news but this is what we do here.
Very sorry for your father friend loss 💔
1722482373291.png

Thank you @Ekatarina . That's very kind of you. He was quiet most of the time but when he would talk...well, I guess Gibbs (from TV show NCIS) acted kind of like he did. Quiet and full of fire when he would speak. He never hit me on the back of the head, thank goodness. I had never thought of him and Gibbs being similar. I did get to speak to him a couple of times in April. He was fine! And super chill.

Dad’s finally out of his procedure and I’m home. They took them like 8:45 and when he was in recovery the doctor came and spoke to me. Everything went well now we just need to wait for the pathology. He was awake alert everything good, but it was going to be another hour before he was brought up to his room so I asked the nurse to let him know. I went home and to call me when he got to his room. He’s groggy, but he sounded good.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.

So sorry for your loss Patch.they may not be blood ut they are family and the loss hurts just as deeply. Ninety is a good run, a life lived.

Braum's cones always makes a person feel better!

Had a huge housefull tonight...neighbors, english cousins, amish cousins. A good time! The men took over the dining room, and us women had the family room, and the young girls all hung out in little granddaughter's room. Three tables of food, I won't be cooking tomorrow. Neighbor boy Levi was so excited, came an hr early, shined up his cowboy boots and wore his good hat. Husband enjoyed all the company and conversation. The kitchen is somewhat back to normal, and I'm ready for bed.

we really need our Ranger back...I got the ATV stuck and almost tipped it over yesterday taking water buckets to the sheep pasture yesterday and couldn't make the turn, so I tried to back it up with a cart attached. Didn't work....had to get son to come get it out of reverse , lift the cart and straighten it out and drive it back up to the road....

Butchered a few cornish cross chickens yesterday but we stopped at 2, they were not as large as they looked, so we will leave the rest be a few more weeks

Fixed the blinker and brake light on the Traverse, but what a piece of junk that is too! It had about a cup of water in both back lights. How does water get in there ? It's parked under the roof , so it had to be while driving in the rain. I would say some design flaw.
So I took out both lights (one was still working) and let everything dry, replaced both lights and put it back together. At least it worked. Cost around $7 for the lightbulbs. If I had taken it somewhere they would have probably charged me $200 the way things are going nowadays with vehicle repairs.

husband is going to try and help today, his knee is somewhat better. I have to make bread dough for the market

Sorry to hear about him. Prayers for all concerned.
You know it's not Gibbs, without the slap. 🤣🤣

Another beautiful morning here. It's going to be hot today, maybe up around 80 degs. Got the water going in the orchard. I really need to start mowing it soon. We have 3 ducks sitting on nests. Hopefully they will hatch soon. One of the young meat chickens got out last night. The dog caught it and brought it to us. Didn't hurt it any.

That's a good dog!
We found a wild rabbit that was taken down by Princess Fluffy the cat....gutted, eaten, and thrown on the porch.
No clue what's happening today, but it won't involve cooking.
Daughter, little granddaughter, and I were talking about some school clothes shopping for little granddaughter and daughter wanted a few things, too, but husband was pouting about it, so maybe not. We'll see what he wants to do today. Slept in a bit longer than usual, and still getting coffee in me. A good rain last night.

Good Morning! On July 10, I had eye surgery. The doctor told me to stay off the computer for about six weeks. During that time, I was stopped from taking care of my farm. My wife and daughter took care of the farm. I am glad that my daughter graduated from high school. Also, She is attending a local college to become a nurse.

Good Morning! On July 10, I had eye surgery. The doctor told me to stay off the computer for about six weeks. During that time, I was stopped from taking care of my farm. My wife and daughter took care of the farm. I am glad that my daughter graduated from high school. Also, She is attending a local college to become a nurse.
Glad to see you around!

There is still a cranky guy in Texas.
I'm still giggling.
Coffee and lots of it.
Will be plotting out on graph paper dimensions of crime scene.
Something's not quite right, but the numbers don't align themselves correctly.
Otherwise I will have to borrow a pasture and plot it out.
Really don't like it with the dimensions don't align themselves correctly.
Dishes,
Have an appointment this afternoon.

Hey, @gloryroad56 How ya doin'? Have you moved yet? If so, where'd you end up (state-wise not actual location)?
Hope all is well.
I stayed in South Carolina but moved upstate to a farm about 20 miles from where I used to live. I was moving because I needed a permit to carry a weapon. South Carolina passed a law for open carry. I am doing better.

Nice to see you again.
Hope all went well with your surgery?

Latest posts

Back