What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having my after lunch coffee, husband is already asleep watching Wagontrain. Have to do his infusion in an hour, then I'll go to the bigger town to pick up his prescriptions, and fill a cart at Aldi, while I'm at it.
Still have the kitchen to clean, turkey brooder to clean, and laundry to hang and do two more loads.

OMG! I used to spend summers on a hobby farm in Wilmington OH. Wonderful memories. Taking care of the pigs, riding on the tractor, walking in the creek—all the things a child loves. Only bad memory was that one time in the basement—we were hiding from a tornado. Most frightening thing in my life.
Lori graduated from High School in Wilmington, she still knows people there :). My Dad worked in Wilmington, drove 52 miles each way, we wore out a bunch of cars :p

There are two sit down restaurants nearby, Rods and the Lakeside grill.

Jake and I cut a path through the woods making a road to my deer stand. I guess I’m getting lazy just don’t feel like dragging them out anymore. We came home and Alexandra was making a big batch of marijuana pain relieving salve. That has really turned into a great seller for her.

IMG_5114.jpeg
IMG_5124.png
IMG_5120.jpeg
IMG_5121.jpeg
IMG_5123.jpeg

Jake and I cut a path through the woods making a road to my deer stand. I guess I’m getting lazy just don’t feel like dragging them out anymore. We came home and Alexandra was making a big batch of marijuana pain relieving salve. That has really turned into a great seller for her.
would love to have a recipe for that. I make gummies but haven't made that yet

Weird day
Sunday September 15th 2024
Thoughts for our President Trump 🥰

Already week #3 starting
I know sometimes I will have to go grocery
for myself but more for Dane Girl and the Kitties

I have pain in my hands and back
Took 2 Tylenol with some aloes juice
Hope we all will sleep perfectly tonight

Nite nite whenever 🤗🤫

Working a coal train derailment in Gothenburg, Nebraska. As main line derailments go, this one isn't too bad. About 10 coal cars were destroyed and the trailing locomotive was dragged over a switch and destroyed the switch. It's a triple main line and Mains 1 and 2 are out of service but Main 3 is still moving trains. Main 1 will be back in service sometime tonight. Main 2 will take some more time. I'm here until they send me home. I'll back up to the pay window and cash the overtime check...

Church this morning and then decided to go to local grocery who is having sale on huge bell peppers for 49 cents each. So, I just finished pressure canning dry pack bell peppers and onions. I did them in quarts instead of pints and got 7 quarts.

g.... I'm here until they send me home. I'll back up to the pay window and cash the overtime check...
I did a 36 hours gig once and argued I should get triple overtime for the last 8 hours since I was salary and due that time. Still made a nice ca- ching on payday. :thumbs:

Ben

I did a 36 hours gig once and argued I should get triple overtime for the last 8 hours since I was salary and due that time. Still made a nice ca- ching on payday. :thumbs:

Ben
I've done several 24 hour + days working derailments or washouts. My record is 31 hours straight. I got double time for over half of that. Theres a funny little rule in our union contract that says we get triple time after 14 hours unless management feeds us. So by the 14th hour they always bring us food. Sometimes it's something crappy like Taco Bell but it'll be there.

I also used to work every holiday I could. I'd get straight 8 for the holiday plus time and a half for working during non scheduled hours. Put in 7 or 8 hours of double time and a half and the check gets fat in a hurry. My second year on the railroad I was laid off a lot but I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas eve day, and New Year's Eve day. That helped set me up for the next time I got laid off in January...

I am pretty sure I am going to feel sore tomorrow.
I decided today was a good day to move furniture in my bedroom by myself.
I probably moved every piece of furniture at least 3 times.
Until I was satisfied.
Some pieces I moved 4 times, but I really like how my bedroom looks now.
Just have to hang fresh curtains tomorrow.
Just got a few more things to remove from my bed so I can go to bed.
Pretty sure a muscle spasm pill is in my plans for tonight.
And hot shower so I can relax to get some rest tonight.
I think I am big and strong.
And I can do anything.
And yes, I did hear about it from the Irishman.
But by that time, I was already committed to the plan.
Good night all.

Went to church ⛪️ today. Got a little cleaning and ironing done. Even sat and stitched for a few. Made oven fried chicken for me and ribeye steak on the grill for Hubby (he doesn’t care for chicken). A beautiful day.
Ironing??🤔 I'm not familiar with that word!💗

I don't own an iron, wouldn't know what to do with it LOL

Today we are going to pick up our meat and do some shopping
plus animal care
Need to get the barn ready for rain, IF we actually get some this time, but we are most likely going to put everyone inside overnight . Should be fun trying to get the new ram in. He is not used to people. We put one of our wethers in with him so he is not by himself. Plan is to open the gate and let him in with the other sheep ( the girls) and they will all run into the barn. He should follow theoretically. Then we will catch him and put him in a stall. I don't want to breed the girls yet, 2 more weeks ( so the lambs are not born in middle of winter when it is really cold) . We try to breed them no earlier than end of September. We got the ram early because otherwise he was going to the auction

Did go pick up a load of wood yesterday , so now we have 2 pickup truck loads of wood plus a pile of uncut logs. We need 2 dump trucks full for the winter
Oh well, it is a start. Maybe it will be a warm winter if we are lucky

Rupert has been getting up and wandering around. He keeps going going into the kitchen and getting his head stuck in the underside of chairs though. Not sure what he's trying to do. He did eat some canned food on his own but he made a mess.
he doesn't like his pet bed but Fippy and Princess love it. Fippy is with Mom right now so Princess is in the pet bed.

I will have to go to the store to get some stuff today but am feeling tired. Been staying up taking care of Rupert and trying to keep him comfortable.

I am pretty sure I am going to feel sore tomorrow.
I decided today was a good day to move furniture in my bedroom by myself.
I probably moved every piece of furniture at least 3 times.
Until I was satisfied.
Some pieces I moved 4 times, but I really like how my bedroom looks now.
Just have to hang fresh curtains tomorrow.
Just got a few more things to remove from my bed so I can go to bed.
Pretty sure a muscle spasm pill is in my plans for tonight.
And hot shower so I can relax to get some rest tonight.
I think I am big and strong.
And I can do anything.
And yes, I did hear about it from the Irishman.
But by that time, I was already committed to the plan.
Good night all.
Well I was wrong.
It was a two muscle spasm pill night.
As for the Irishman, he's pretty steamed that I moved furniture by myself.
Pretty stiff today, but not too sore.
Going to have an easy day today.
Just puttering around today.
Might get the curtains changed, but probably not.
Not really in the mood to get on a ladder.
Besides it will take me several days to figure out which ones I want to hang up.
Did I mention that the Irishman was pretty steamed that's putting it lightly.
See the Rant keep it clean post.
I do believe I deserve a meal out today.
If no other reason cause the Irishman is steamed.
I am used to taking care of myself.
I honestly don't see why he's bent out of shape.
It must be a "Guy" thing.

Back