What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went into town to get beef stew. Got home and called Mom to eat. She saved some of her meat for Fippy and I saved some of mine for Princess. Fippy was sleeping in my room so I had to go call him and he came trotting along when I asked him if he wanted to "go see mommy".
Rupert woke up and is currently sitting in the windowsill. He wanted some sunlight I guess.

Poor thing climbs down or falls off the foot of my bed and then tries to get back up but doesn't have the strength to pull himself up. Princess tried to figure out how to help him, but didn't know what to do. So I helped him get back up and he was happy.

Got a lot done this morning, a lot for me anyway. More cleaning in the pantry, finally found the raisins I bought 6 months ago. Major trash day, the bin was stuffed but got it down to the road for the monday truck. Got all the booze from tincture making re-bottled and put away, had a dozen partial bottles sitting in the floor. Got the truck parts out of the kitchen and got laundry going too. About to reset the instapot for another 20hrs on this tincture then I’m taking a nap. :)

Dave the amish guy called this morning and said he was ready to start working on our many projects today. We've been waiting months for him, but he's worth the wait. So he put in our new kitchen window (the one that fell out and broke awhile back), and is tearing up the old floor. But under that floor is another old floor, and they used some extra heavy duty gook on it, and he's trying everything to get the gook off. So stinky smells right now, windows open, fan blowing, husband in the other end of the house so it doesn't bother him. Took husband to two doc appts late morning. Almost ready for next antibiotic infusion. Bread maker going and ribs in the crockpot, and I'll see about getting veggies going later in the day when I can get in the kitchen. Looks like we'll be under construction for awhile....at least the kitchen will be for a week or so. It'll be nice when it's all done.

Got up, worked out, cleaned up, got dressed, spent some time in my car, hung out with a new friend, spent more time in my car, helped the girl relocate her car, went swimming with the girl and now we are just hanging out in the apartment waiting for the lady to get home. I am going to spend a few days here instead of packing like I should be. Life is all about timing.

Just checked in to probably the last hotel of the trip. It sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean and an old lighthouse. I remember coming over here as a kid, long before this hotel or any other place was built. Once we get settled in we'll go out on the balcony and have something cold to drink and watch the waves crashing on the rocks. Got a hot tub in this room too, may have use it later...

I am happy we got the little ram in! He followed right along with the rest of the sheep and was more interested in eating grain in the barn than the girls. I hope this isn't a problem, but he will have till January to get them pregnant. If he can't do it by then he is a dud

It would be typical going through all that trouble ( and a dirty barn in the morning) and no rain, or little rain coming. We'll see what we get

Almost did kill myself this morning did tripped on something in the house
and fell on the ground hard floor hit my head on left side of the door
but half protected with my arm elbow and hand

Side of my left leg swells a bit.
My left arm and elbow bruise swells a bit too
Took 2 Tylenol arthritis

Always want to do chores too fast

Felt like lifting in the air while I fell 😥 I had tears cuz It did hurt much
Slept 2 hours in the afternoon ...with ice packs
I feel a bit better...but I cannot do a marathon

what exactly does that mean?! Sorry if I missed a previous post
What Amish said. I’m now licensed to administer vaccines. My state only allows intramuscular vaccines that don’t require reconstitution, so basically only flu and Covid.

Gave my fist one today. An immunizer was scheduled just in case my license didn’t activate so I only gave 1 today. It was our substitute pharmacist. She said I gave a good needle.

Took 2 Tylenol arthritis

That does not sound fun or pleasant. Hope you heal quickly.

Took 2 Tylenol arthritis

If you start to feel nauseous please go to the ER. Hope you don't have a concussion or anything broken. Might want to put ice on some of the injuries and keep them elevated if possible.

Cooked for Mom and tried to figure out what Rupert wanted. He kept climbing on me, over me, on my shoulders and then off, over my lap tray, and kept circling around going to the foot of my bed then back and on to the windowsill behind my headboard and coming out the other side. He kept getting stuck and needing help coming out. He followed me around when I got up to go to the bathroom, but also walked in circles twitching his tail. Like he was looking for something. Got him to follow me outside and walk around in the grass a bit. He seemed to like that. Then he followed me back to the living room. He was on the floor at my feet (kept climbing down from my lap and the couch) when I leaned to pick something up and he licked my food. He ate an entire Lil Shakes packet earlier (well, the contents, not the packet itself). I got some rotisserie chicken and chewed it up for him (since he has no teeth and can't chew). He started purring as he devoured it. He ate until he was full and then sat back.

He continued purring when I took him back to my room. He got a little restless again but was calmer and not as frantic. I'm playing some music from Youtube to calm him. He likes a baritone cover of May It Be (from Enya for the Lord of the Rings movie).

Took 2 Tylenol arthritis

Take care of yourself and please update!! 💗

Took 2 Tylenol arthritis

I can relate..

Working overtime on this derailment again. It's almost 20:00 and we're still here but I don't know what for. I just got done dumping a ballast rock train and I'm covered in silica dust. Before I hit the road I'll need to hit the gym and take a shower. If I leave North Platte by 2200 I can be home by 0500, unless I can't stay awake and I have to pull off and sleep...

Dave the amish guy called this morning and said he was ready to start working on our many projects today. We've been waiting months for him, but he's worth the wait. So he put in our new kitchen window (the one that fell out and broke awhile back), and is tearing up the old floor. But under that floor is another old floor, and they used some extra heavy duty gook on it, and he's trying everything to get the gook off. So stinky smells right now, windows open, fan blowing, husband in the other end of the house so it doesn't bother him. Took husband to two doc appts late morning. Almost ready for next antibiotic infusion. Bread maker going and ribs in the crockpot, and I'll see about getting veggies going later in the day when I can get in the kitchen. Looks like we'll be under construction for awhile....at least the kitchen will be for a week or so. It'll be nice when it's all done.
That’s a lot of moving parts AH. I don’t know how you do it. I hope you are taking your vitamins and maybe an Epsom salts bath with a cup of tea here and there 😍

I talked to the Irishman tonight.
He's still steamed.
Just not as steamed.
But he called a friend of his in Kansas City Missouri, to let him know he is on me moving furniture alert.
I think he thinks I will call his friend to help me move furniture.
But the friend lives an hour away, by the time he gets here.
I could have moved it.
I think there's logic in there somewhere.
But I don't see it.

Last edited:

Took 2 Tylenol arthritis

Hope you feel better soon.
Please keep us updated.

Last edited:
Well, 22:00 has come and gone and I'm not quite done working at the derailment but we're headed to the barn so it's almost over. It's time for a shower and probably a meal at an all night restaurant. Then I'll see how long I can stay awake on the drive home. I don't expect to get home before daybreak tomorrow...

Well, 22:00 has come and gone and I'm not quite done working at the derailment but we're headed to the barn so it's almost over. It's time for a shower and probably a meal at an all night restaurant. Then I'll see how long I can stay awake on the drive home. I don't expect to get home before daybreak tomorrow...
Be careful Spikedriver.
Let us know when you get home.

is tearing up the old floor. But under that floor is another old floor, and they used some extra heavy duty gook on it, and he's trying everything to get the gook off
My kitchen floor had many layers when I bought my house. The base floor was maple flooring that was badly messed up. I would have loved to have had a maple kitchen floor, but that was too far gone.

Get some sleep first homeboy..best get home in one peice

Latest posts

Back