What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have to get started, goat stuck in teh fence. It's probably the same one that does it. She never learns. But she is going to the meat processor next month.
Today we are going to weedeat , brushhog where we can and pull weeds in teh garden. It needs to be done. Plus move animals around for the storm we are supposed to get some of. But the way things are going it will probably go around us ....
Right now the path shows it going right through the middle of Virignia tomorrow and Friday sometime so we are on the edge of it.
No flood watch or anything. I HOPE we get it, rain will be a good thing
Got to go get goat unstucks

@zannej^^^ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FLY7233?tag=starlinkhardware-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

1723039090853.png

Lots of coffee.
Will have to cook something, but I have no clue what as of yet.
Working on Christmas 2024 quilt tops as I type.
My head hurts this morning- and it is my fault too.
Reading case doodles, case notes that make entirely no sense, before bed.
Dimensions of crime scene make no sense either.
Think I will make another pot of coffee, turn on the tunes and stitch for a while my brain rests for a bit.
Been up before 0400 hours this morning.
Nature called I answered.
Maybe I need a round of Mah Jong.

The wife just called. All the cows are missing again, she can't find them.
She said the forest service closed the road a few miles below our place. Said they had over 600 dry lightning strikes since Monday in our area. They've called for evacuations in the areas north of us and ranchers are moving their cattle off the range lands. I'm probably going to head home today and start looking for the cows.

I'm at the coffee shop again. There's nobody else here and it's nice and quiet, just the way I like it. The barista has praise music playing softly in the background and I have a hot cup of some kind of Costa Rican blend in front of me. Life is good.

Later on I have to try to get under my daughter's Corolla and see if I can fix a rattle noise. There is some kind of flimsy tin shield under the rear of the car and it has rusted away at one of the mounting points, and it makes a ruckus bouncing around while the car is in motion. I can't bolt it back up, but maybe I can zip tie it for a temporary solution...

Thanks. I don't know if that can work with wires that were cut in half and it looks like the style for the newest Starlink cable. I've already ordered a new cable. Bro set my phone up as a mobile hotspot. Still really slow, but slightly faster than his phone was. His phone slipped out of his hand, fell less than 2ft and then broke. Just ordered him a replacement phone using rewards points.

Mountaintrapper, I hope the rest of the cattle will be found safe and sound and that you will get them all back home.

Got up very early for curbside pickup and had my brother go with me. Good thing bc I was nauseous the entire time and felt miserable. He handled the checkout stuff and loading everything into the truck. When we got home he unloaded everything and helped me put it away. I forced myself to eat something so I felt a little better, but am still feeling cruddy.

local bank is paying a bit over 5% on cd now.

way better than a quarter of a percent like its been for years now...shoulda went up long ago to slow down house and land and vehicle prices through the natural cycle...but noooooo....they just had to force it to stay low.

The wife just called. All the cows are missing again, she can't find them.
She said the forest service closed the road a few miles below our place. Said they had over 600 dry lightning strikes since Monday in our area. They've called for evacuations in the areas north of us and ranchers are moving their cattle off the range lands. I'm probably going to head home today and start looking for the cows.
livestock sure is a lot of work, hope you get them and there is no fire where the are

Thanks. I don't know if that can work with wires that were cut in half and it looks like the style for the newest Starlink cable. I've already ordered a new cable. Bro set my phone up as a mobile hotspot. Still really slow, but slightly faster than his phone was. His phone slipped out of his hand, fell less than 2ft and then broke. Just ordered him a replacement phone using rewards points.

Mountaintrapper, I hope the rest of the cattle will be found safe and sound and that you will get them all back home.

Got up very early for curbside pickup and had my brother go with me. Good thing bc I was nauseous the entire time and felt miserable. He handled the checkout stuff and loading everything into the truck. When we got home he unloaded everything and helped me put it away. I forced myself to eat something so I felt a little better, but am still feeling cruddy.

About this item​

• Easy to install: RJ45 Waterproof Coupler female to female, simply plug a CAT6/CAT5E/CAT5 patch cord into either end and screw together.
  • IP67 Class CAT5 Waterproof Connector, dust-proof can be used in harsh industrial or outdoor environments, a perfect solution to protect your Ethernet cable.
  • CAT6 standard provides performance of up to 250 Mhz and is backward compatible with CAT5/CAT5E.
  • 1" - 20 UNEF (Unified Extra Fine Thread) outer threading (nut and gasket seal not included for panel mounting). Made of PA66 nylon native environmentally friendly injection molding material, UV resistant, and anti-aging.
  • Package Contents: 2 x RJ45 Weatherproof Ethernet Coupler per plastic bag. Provide 18 months warranty for quality problems, just use it without concern.

Cat 6 Outdoor Ethernet Cable 100 ft, 24AWG 10Gbps Cat6 Cable Cord Waterproof Direct Burial LLDPE UV Jacket, Internet Network Cable with 20 Ties Support POE Cat6 Cat5e Cat5, CCA, UTP for PC $20.99​

https://www.amazon.com/VOIETOLT-Eth...c6-906c-f883ee54b68d&pd_rd_i=B0C3RDDQJ1&psc=1

Cat 6 Outdoor Ethernet Cable 150 ft, 24AWG 10Gbps Cat6 Cable Cord Waterproof Direct Burial LLDPE UV Jacket, Internet Network Cable with 40 Ties Support Cat6 Cat5e Cat5, CCA, UTP for PC​

Brand: VOIETOLT

4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 922 ratings

| Search this page
200+ bought in past month
$25.99

have to get started, goat stuck in teh fence. It's probably the same one that does it. She never learns. But she is going to the meat processor next month.
Today we are going to weedeat , brushhog where we can and pull weeds in teh garden. It needs to be done. Plus move animals around for the storm we are supposed to get some of. But the way things are going it will probably go around us ....
Right now the path shows it going right through the middle of Virignia tomorrow and Friday sometime so we are on the edge of it.
No flood watch or anything. I HOPE we get it, rain will be a good thing
Got to go get goat unstucks
I used to put a dowel across the horns, secure with duct tape..having it stick out on each end just enough so the can't get their heads into the fence. Looks funny but it works..they never learn..

local bank is paying a bit over 5% on cd now.

way better than a quarter of a percent like its been for years now...shoulda went up long ago to slow down house and land and vehicle prices through the natural cycle...but noooooo....they just had to force it to stay low.
My GF has a lot of Money in CDs. I agree with you, they should've had the rates higher long ago. GF has a big one maturing very soon and she predicts a bigger stock crash, so when it matures she will take the money and go on a spending spree for stocks. When she did that during Covid, she gained over 100k in 2 years compared to what she paid for the stocks. Buy low, sell high!

I'm tired..
Dog has the shits..
I think the skunk set up residence..
So I get home about 0130, climb in bed about 0200ish
Up about every half hour to 45 minutes so dog can poo outside ..I'd leave dog outside but I don't want a skunks, crappy butt dog too..so I wait till sunrise to leave him out so I can get a few hours sleep..
I'm giving him pepto..it usually works but this time it's not doing good enough.
Has anyone used anything else for a pup with the 💩?

I'm tired..
Dog has the shits..
Up about every half hour to 45 minutes so dog can poo outside ..I'd leave dog outside but I don't want a skunks, crappy butt dog too..so I wait till sunrise to leave him out so I can get a few hours sleep..
I'm giving him pepto..it usually works but this time it's not doing good enough.
Yeah. Keep him outside. He'll run out of 💩 soon enough.

I read once, and cannot understand why I retained this, that pumpkin is good for that purpose. Like pumpkin pie mix.
strange as it sounds it does work .

I'm tired..
Dog has the shits..
Marsh beat me to it pumkin pie filling

Got up, worked out, hiked to my thinking rock and did some deep contemplation about all my stuff & things, hiked back, cleaned up, spent a bunch of time looking at condos and other place online, exchanged a few text messages with the lady, talked to my pops and made sure he was still going strong, talked to my FFL guy about doing some consignment sales for me and cleaned the guns I took to the range yesterday. Now I am just waiting until I need to head out for date night.

Got up, worked out, hiked to my thinking rock and did some deep contemplation about all my stuff & things, hiked back, cleaned up, spent a bunch of time looking at condos and other place online, exchanged a few text messages with the lady, talked to my pops and made sure he was still going strong, talked to my FFL guy about doing some consignment sales for me and cleaned the guns I took to the range yesterday. Now I am just waiting until I need to head out for date night.
just so you know whatever you get rid of you are going to need right away.

Latest posts

Back