What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am stuck in the house dog sitting. The puppy seems to want to spread his scent around the house, so he has to be confined and watched.

I did make a Rocky Road Pie that is now in the freezer which will be dessert tonight. Don't worry, Pearl. I did the dishes, and cleaned up everything I used to make the pie.

Went into the bigger town...husband's doc appt, Atwoods for feed, Walgreens for pharmacy, and bank for $$. Ran in to my favorite cousin and her daughter and granddaughter at the bank, so that was fun. They had a driver for the day to get groceries and errands done. Lots to do around here this afternoon....feed unloading, laundry, the dehydrators are full of cooked, dry kidney beans that need packaging, garden work. But coffee first.

I am stuck in the house dog sitting. The puppy seems to want to spread his scent around the house, so he has to be confined and watched.

I did make a Rocky Road Pie that is now in the freezer which will be dessert tonight. Don't worry, Pearl. I did the dishes, and cleaned up everything I used to make the pie.
Ok, I'll be there in time for pie!!😉

I just got a is it ready yet bump for a few days, that is a relief , trouble with trouble shooting is when they only trust me to fix it ( not really trouble, but wrench bending is rough on worn hands)
and yes I wold like some cheese with my Whine

Got up, worked out, cleaned up, got dressed, and went to the city.

Once there I collected my top secret folder, tracked down a college Junior, convinced him to hand over a flash drive, negotiated terms. had $2,500 transferred into his Venmo, pressed said flash drive into his brachial plexus tie in until he admitted to having made a copy, collected the copy, threatened him without legally threatening him, rid myself of the flash drives and watched as $800 magically appeared in my bank account. I don't know if they threw me a soft pitch or if this is the kind of stuff I will be doing, but it was easy money.

Also the lesson of the day is: If you and your wife engage in very taboo naughty acts with additional people and you record it, do not leave your flash drive in the laptop connected to the bedroom television. If you do your Tinder based 3rd wheel may snatch it to blackmail you with. Maybe I will start a life lessons thread.

1723163245678.jpeg

Rocky Road Pie

8 ozs, 1/2 and 1/2
8 ozs. Cool Whip
1 package Jello Chocolate Pudding
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup Marshmallow cream

Mix 1/2 and 1/2 and chocolate pudding in large mixing bowl. Whisk and let stand for five minutes.
Add all other ingredients and mix well.
Pour mixture into Graham Cracker pie crust and freeze until firm.

I don't even use an electric mixer. I just whisk everything. I used marshmallow cream. If you can't find that you can use mini marshmallows. I don't think it even took 30-40 minutes to put it all together.

Hope you like it.

Dad continues to improve. Funny, went up early with his morning dose of tinctures. He wasn’t there, I found him in the chicken pen, feeding and gathering eggs. Yep, definitely feeling better. 🤣

I mostly rested today. Made 2 pints of Sida tincture this afternoon, gathered too much. So I made one for me, the other for the couple I met last week. The lady gave me enough crossvine for a small tincture so I had to take them something. Since they live next to cottonmouth heaven, sida tincture was appropriate, a hemotoxin blocker and antibiotic.

No plans but tv this evening.

Last edited:
Rocky Road Pie

8 ozs, 1/2 and 1/2
8 ozs. Cool Whip
1 package Jello Chocolate Pudding
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup Marshmallow cream

Mix 1/2 and 1/2 and chocolate pudding in large mixing bowl. Whisk and let stand for five minutes.
Add all other ingredients and mix well.
Pour mixture into Graham Cracker pie crust and freeze until firm.

I don't even use an electric mixer. I just whisk everything. I used marshmallow cream. If you can't find that you can use mini marshmallows. I don't think it even took 30-40 minutes to put it all together.

Hope you like it.
Discerning cats SHUN "cool whip". it's not really dairy. This comment was dictated by Bailey, who despises cool whip :)

Dad continues to improve. Funny, went up early with his morning dose of tinctures. He wasn’t there, I found him in the chicken pen, feeding and gathering eggs. Yep, definitely feeling better. 🤣

I mostly rested today. Made 2 pints of Sida tincture this afternoon, gathered too much. So I made one for me, the other for the couple I met last week. The lady gave me enough crossvine for a small tincture so I had to take them something. Since they live next to cottonmouth heaven, sida tincture, a hemotoxin blocker and antibiotic, was appropriate.

No plans but tv this evening.
I know it’s probably worrisome for you and exhausting at times, but I like hearing what your dad is up to. He’s a go-er.

So my trip went well and the trip home was uneventful, even though the weather looked bad. It seemed like every day on my trip something good happened and our team is doing the right stuff and being very successful at it.... My big dog and pony show on Tuesday went pretty well, I learned after I got there that we had some big-wig political types in attendance so come Monday my office may be moved to the basement. All the talks that followed mine referenced me by name but my message was not PC, it was well camouflaged but definably not AOC compliant... :)

I actually got home around midnight on Wednesday (that way I could work till noon before flying home). Yesterday was a regular work day and I got off by 16:30. After working 11 hours Sunday, 3-12 hour days, and 14 hours on Wednesday, followed by my regular day (9hrs) on Thursday (11+36+14+9=70) I will be off today (except for an hour an a half meeting middle of the day). But, I will still get my 40 hours of pay, it's great being an overpaid government worker! I don't believe in putting in for comp time or crap like that, I think that doing the job right is what's is expected...

While I was gone the parts for my dryer arrived, so after work last night I took the dryer apart and started my repairs including cleaning everything inside the cabinet. I got it reassembled by about 21:00 (9PM) and test started it, apparent success! So I washed a batch of my grubby jeans and did the first real load in the dryer. It's quiet and all the problems appear to be resolved. I had to sit up with it until the load was done so by 23:30 it was done and so was I.

Today, I got up at my regular time and now I need to run some errands.
Have a great day.

Urban

Latest posts

Back