What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this and thought I would share in this thread. It's the 50 most popular TV shows averaged across a number of metrics and review sites. I wouldn't agree myself but the people have seemingly spoken.

View attachment 157599
I never saw 1,3,6,7,10,12,13,16,17,20,28,34, I give up or I will be here all night.

On and off over the last few nights we've been checking in on the Olympics.

If they really want to see which country is best, they need to change the format up a bit. Three days before the Olympics start, all the athletes are randomly chosen from each country by lottery, from a pool of "all living citizens between the age of 15 and 80". Papers listing each sport's rules, a few FAQ's, and tips for how to complete the event would be handed out upon arrival at the competition venue. These events would be so much more exciting to watch than what they do now!

Finished Laugh-In.
Found it interesting the things they made fun of and alluded to political and socially wise are happening now.

We started The Twilight Zone now. Over 150 episodes

Movie: The Covenant.

Honestly, when I saw the teaser trailer for this (not the one below), I was not interested. Then I saw a review by a critic I like (The Critical Drinker, on YouTube), immediately below, which convinced me to watch it. Here is the review. But, skip to the trailer further below to see if you even need a critic to comment.

I recommend this movie whole-heartedly. Unexpectedly, it is a new favorite of mine.

Both main actors are great. I like how the writing had the main men look at each other, and not talk. Talk is often not necessary, between men who understand, in the scenarios in which they find themselves in this movie. Several times there were opportunities for Hollywood dialogue, and several times the men remained silent, either respecting the silent moment, or just nodding to each other...and it was the right move in every case.

I also love how the main character calls in his "debts," and sets aside all else to pay his own "debts,"...the confrontation with his commanding officer...it makes me think they had a military man with combat experience helping out with this one.

And the support of his wife when push comes to shove...you see why he loves such a strong woman.

Here is the trailer:

Last edited:
Movie: The Covenant.

Honestly, when I saw the teaser trailer for this (not the one below), I was not interested. Then I saw a review by a critic I like (The Critical Drinker, on YouTube), immediately below, which convinced me to watch it. Here is the review. But, skip to the trailer further below to see if you even need a critic to comment.

I recommend this movie whole-heartedly. Unexpectedly, it is a new favorite of mine.

Both main actors are great. I like how the writing had the main men look at each other, and not talk. Talk is often not necessary, between men who understand, in the scenarios in which they find themselves in this movie. Several times there were opportunities for Hollywood dialogue, and several times the men remained silent, either respecting the silent moment, or just nodding to each other...and it was the right move in every case.

I also love how the main character calls in his "debts," and sets aside all else to pay his own "debts,"...the confrontation with his commanding officer...it makes me think they had a military man with combat experience helping out with this one.

And the support of his wife when push comes to shove...you see why he loves such a strong woman.

Here is the trailer:

Yeah.

I liked that movie more than I expected too.

I understand there were at least a couple of military advisors on the movie.

Kawa Mawlayee was born in Afghanistan, where his father served in Afghan forces for years before dying in a firefight with the Russian army.

After his family immigrated to the United States, Mawlayee enlisted in the Marine Corps, where he served for five years before joining the elite Army Green Berets. It was there that he served for 16 years, as the first and only Afghan-American Green Beret in the history of the Special Forces.

....and Dan Schmidt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGkro5Ezup0

I am watching "love is blind' on Netflix. I am skipping through a lot of it, just wanted to compare the ones from different countries. Brazil has the ugliest creepiest people on it, and much to my surprise, Mexico has the most normal people on it ( but I am not watching the whole thing, too boring)
Currently started UK

Watching the granddaughter playing in the water at the lake.
20240811_151259.jpg

This past week I saw the first part of 2023 released Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning and realized I had not kept up with watching the MI movies. So going backwards. Fallout and Rogue Nation. Might have seen Ghost Protocol. Watched Cruise in Jack Reacher too.

Last night I saw part one of American Godfathers: Five Families, on the history channel. Actually a very good show, 2hrs, pretty in depth starting in the 1940’s. They hit the highlites that most have heard about but with much more detail that I haven’t heard. I’m watching part 2 now.

At some point last night I kept thinking… I’ve heard this detail or that… but I know I haven’t. Why were these details so familiar?

Tonight I realized some of these details were part the Soprano’s tv show script. Changed slightly of course, to better fit the tv show characters and plot. I never realized how much the Soprano’s show was actually based on real life events from mob history.

I don’t know if there is a part 3 but will watch if its on tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Back