What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filet Mignon, baked potato, coconut shrimp, and green salad delivered to my door from Outback Steakhouse, compliments of my daughter up in Virginia.
XaKzQk4.jpg

Filet Mignon, baked potato, coconut shrimp, and green salad delivered to my door from Outback Steakhouse, compliments of my daughter up in Virginia.
XaKzQk4.jpg
Nice, I got a text wishing a happy Father’s Day.....
I did feast well though, whole lobster, TBone, beans, broccoli, warm buttered bread, cucumber salad, loaded baked potato and 4 different kinds of cake. Life is good.

Leftovers. Still had lots to eat. Cake isn’t normally one of my weaknesses but I’ve put a hurting on the cake my wife got me yesterday!

We ate at a place in Gulfport, MS. Call Shaggy's seafood restaurant , I'm sure Doc has been there. The food was great. We had to wait over 100 minutes for a table though.
Still too concerned to eat out at a busy restaurant but miss it dearly....
I got a family pack from Zaxbys chicken for lunch today and still have a mountain of chicken left. I also got a side of fried mushrooms with it. Their mushrooms are not my favorites but are still good. There isn’t any place else nearby that has any fried mushrooms so beggars can’t be choosers.

Still too concerned to eat out at a busy restaurant but miss it dearly....
I got a family pack from Zaxbys chicken for lunch today and still have a mountain of chicken left. I also got a side of fried mushrooms with it. Their mushrooms are not my favorites but are still good. There isn’t any place else nearby that has any fried mushrooms so beggars can’t be choosers.

After we eat, before bedtime, we all take a dose of CDS to kill anything we may have picked up.

We ate at a place in Gulfport, MS. Call Shaggy's seafood restaurant , I'm sure Doc has been there. The food was great. We had to wait over 100 minutes for a table though.
Haven't eaten seafood on the Mississippi Gulf coast in a long time. We started staying in a beach house with the extended family in Perdido Beach, AL decades ago because of my Alabama brother in law, and ate at Innerarity Point, Lambert's in Foley, and Wolf Bay.

I wish I could remember the name of that place we did used to eat on the MS coast though, it was popular with Jackson folks. I doubt it's still there. I reversed engineered their salad dressing for my mother, and they had the best broiled founder I ever ate. They filleted it at the table.

Brent, take you favorite sandwich bread (Mine is Arnold's Health Nut), some real mayo (don't be stingy with the mayo), slice the tomato thick, and then add some salt and freshly ground pepper. I have eaten mater sammiches for lunch on a number of occasions when I have good tomatoes.
PfiG7df.jpg
yes, it’s delicious fast food that you can eat a lot because the ingredients match.
-----
i do like this:
1. Wheat bread for sandwiches, (15-20 sandwiches for the oven)
2.a very thin layer of mayonnaise
3.thin slices of semi-smoked sausage
4. tomato slices
5.slices of cheese
6.a little pepper
--------
then put in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes at a temperature of 160-180 degrees Celsius.

Then eat with Coca-Cola

Last edited:
My wife has been ill for a long time and dosent cook much now. Last night when I got in she had slow cooked ribs in the oven, made homemade sliced potatoes with a cheese sauce and fresh green beans I had picked cooked in beef broth and spices, and homemade biscuits with garlic and cheese. Between the good food and the fact she made the effort to cook it it was one of the best meals I’ve had in a long while.

Today I cooked some salmon in a cast iron skillet in the oven of course. Coated it with fresh garlic and butter. Made some of my garden green beans with bacon and onion in the instapot. A nice Caesar salad with croutons I had just cooked up and fresh French bread from scratch.

Oh, homemade French bread. Mmmmmm

Wifey is away visiting our daughter, so I took the occasion to make a big pot of Red Beans and Rice and Venison Sausage. (she doesn't like beans) I made it in the pressure cooker this time , and then added enough sausage for one meal and cooked it without pressure a little while longer. I've had my fill so once it cools off the rest goes in the fridge for some quick microwave meals.

My wife cooked a mozzarella stuffed meat loaf (sauce was ketchup, minced garlic, brown sugar, wisterchire sauce.on top) and a loaded, (cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, pepper, garlic powder) culliflower casserole with fresh green beans.

It was very tasty.

I had Popeyes spicy white chicken with red beans and rice for lunch. For dinner I did a chuck roast with carrots, potatoes and onion for dinner. I bought a frozen turtle cream pie today at the grocery for desert. Needless to say I didn’t worry about any kind of dieting today.... it was a really good day.

I was a little late with the answer ...
A few days ago, when I was chopping meat using a manual meat grinder
https://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/threads/survival-devices-when-there-is-no-electricity.13126/------
Fried cutlets.
(not baked or steamed)
Pork, onions, then chopped with a meat grinder.
Then add pepper, soft wheat bread to the minced meat and mix.
Then roll in fine breadcrumbs or flour.
-------
Then fry in a cast iron skillet using vegetable oil or butter or lard.
(some people use margarine or combined fat) but I don't like it.
Also, I used an aluminum skillet instead of a cast iron skillet as the cast iron skillet was busy.
This is bad..
--------
Then make salad chopped the tomatoes, pickled garlic.
A little mayonnaise.

------
IMG_20200724_154817.jpg

and ... of course, when there is such food, you should eat it with rye (black) bread ... I forgot to add pieces of bread to my photo.
volzsky.ru-v-volzhskom-podesheveli-chernyy-hleb-i-myaso-kur.jpg

Last edited:
Slavs, Finno-Ugric people believe that Man should eat Soup every day.
Yesterday I ate "Kharcho"
-----
In fact, this is a Caucasian soup that requires spices that grow in the Caucasus and beef.
If you do not have these spices, then you can use lamb
I live near the forest, so I have neither beef, nor lamb, nor Caucasian spices.
I have Pork and other hot spices ...
----
For cooking you need:
- meat (I took pork)
- spices, it's your choice.
- onions, garlic, how much more.
- Rise
-----------
When the soup is cooked, it should "stand and gain flavor" a little. About 15 minutes.
-----
Then eat with rye (black) bread.
IMG_20200726_171707.jpg

Soup for men who do hard physical work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back