What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made baked chicken Parmesan that was every bit as good as fried. Along with shell pasta, home canned green beans and peas and of course cheesy garlic bread. I’m content with the world and still have lots of leftovers

Tomahawk ribeye steak, that I seasoned yesterday. Baked potatoes and a garden salad. Photos to come later.
1024211850.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm feeling much better thank you. Still in a lot of pain in my knees, back, hips, shoulder and my right arm goes numb for some reason.
Today I'm smoking a batch of sweet bourbon jerkey. Should be done by dinner time.
Sounds delicious
Have you ever tried collagen supplements? My husband takes those and has found improvement in knee,shoulder and back pain. I can send you the info if you want.

@Arcticdude everytime I leave the mt. I grab a Propel. I can’t have the HF cornsyrup in Gatoraid. It’s relieved muscle cramps in the middle of the night. The electrolyte replacement has worked so has 4-5 waters a day to keep me hydrated. I even start water between my first and second coffee.
I think you are Out working as just as hard. This is what has helped me.

We give call oven supplements to our old dog. She isn’t young again but does seem to benefit from it. It’s hard to see something you love suffer.

I’m just about to pull half a smoked ham out of the oven along with jiffy corn bread and green bean casserole. Sounded like a good thing to do on a cold rainy day.

A few months ago the UPS driver told me that my apricot tree was scratching his truck. So I cut a few limbs off. Yesterday we smoked a turkey in apricot for the first time. It was very good. Just a little bit sweet. Not bad or anything but I prefer Mesquite.

I grew up eating very hot hot tamales in Mississippi, my father bought them somewhere, I always thought they were Mexican. I later learned that hot tamales was a Mississippi Delta thing and were made differently than Mexican tamales (which were usually not hot). Delta hot tamales use cornmeal and parchment paper wrapping, Mexican tamales use masa flour and corn leaf wrapping.

Feeling to lazy to cook.
Hot chocolate pop tarts and a frozen clay beer stein of ice cold milk.
:cool:

It’s cold and gloomy here. Perfect day for a crockpot full of ham and 15 bean soup. I left a lot more ham on the bone than normal and it’s almost 50/50 beans to ham… since I’m truly a carnivore, yum

Attachments

• 64BBE742-0AFA-45AC-B8AE-0CE661F1F54D.jpeg
    64BBE742-0AFA-45AC-B8AE-0CE661F1F54D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Cold and frosty here, typical October weather. I just started on a big pot of chili this morning, which takes 3 days to make. First I marinated a couple of steaks for 2 days. The marinate consisted of honey, brown sugar, bourbon, teriyaki and a few other ingredients then grilled the steak last night. In addition to the steak I'll add a couple pounds of bacon and sausage too. Got a couple pounds of hot chili peppers diced and ready to go.
No beans will ever touch my chili!

Yesterday it rained all day, today is a bit better, but I'm making meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

It’s cold and gloomy here. Perfect day for a crockpot full of ham and 15 bean soup. I left a lot more ham on the bone than normal and it’s almost 50/50 beans to ham… since I’m truly a carnivore, yum

I'm going to make that with a bunch of my older stored beans.

Latest posts

Back