What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost my cousins husband to Coronavirus, died a week ago
ANY loss is a great loss. Sympathies and condolences to your cousin Bill. Count us all blessed for staying healthy, my God do we all feel old and weak against some enemy you cannot even see...bullets we can dodge, damned virus is invisible. Condolences again...Gary

NC has another planned rally/protest tomorrow in Raleigh. This group is called Reopen NC and they want Governor Cooper to lift the stay at home restrictions.
The total number of Coronavirus cases in NC is 6,589 as of 8:00 a.m. this morning.
172 deaths 78,772 test have been completed. I don't even know where one would go to get tested in my county?
465 people are hospitalized due to the virus.
Question: Why do they use the terms virus and disease interchangeably?

The total number of Coronavirus cases in NC is 6,589 as of 8:00 a.m. this morning.
172 deaths 78,772 test have been completed.
Let's put those numbers into perspective...
iyqeZZd.png

For those who said the virus is like the flu ,today it officially surpassed influenza related deaths in NC.
Just wondering if they have counted every death as Corona to inflate the number?
There are reports out that confirm that deaths are greatly inflatd. Under Trumps trillions of dollars give away (Cares act) hospitals are encouraged to report as many deaths as China flu related as possible. Follow the money.

The CDC guidelines say count every death in which COVID-19 was a factor, including clinical diagnoses (from the symptoms, not a test). There is no grand conspiracy to boost numbers, a lot of States don't want to have high death rates because it makes them look incompetent. I mean, who wants to be New York right now???

But some overcounting is going on, and some undercounting is also going on.

The CDC guidelines say count every death in which COVID-19 was a factor, including clinical diagnoses (from the symptoms, not a test). There is no grand conspiracy to boost numbers, a lot of States don't want to have high death rates because it makes them look incompetent. I mean, who wants to be New York right now???

the politicans countries uses the tricks of statistics differently ,depending on their daily agenda. If they need some fearmongering, they show large infected and death figures, if they want to seduce, they show the number of the rcovered and the death per head of population; a good statistic is shown under
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

in fact the most dangerous country today is Belgium, with 500 death per 1mio inhabitants. Germany, where the Germans are scared themself to madness, just safe with 56 death per mio. meaning ten times safer than Belgium, US is still in the better midfield with 126 death per mio.

Last edited:

I don’t see it as a conspiracy. Also don’t see it as very precise. My doctors told me the symptoms of the regular flu were much the same as this virus.

My boss texted me this morning g to say that we should be getting a cheese truck this week. . . Yes I am excited about this. I haven't gotten a truck since all this started. I've had to become very creative with what I had on hand to Still help bring sells into the department. Honestly we were doing pretty descent until Abbott had made the announcement of our shutdown lasting until the end of the month so last couple weeks my sells were down. That and I have sold thru all my popular products. I am scheduled to go back Wed night but will push that back for when we do get our truck (I hope) in, it not I'll go in Fri night to get things covered for the weekend.

After coming home from work I did my weeding of the garden and then tried for a nsp. Didn't happen so went out to clean out the goat barn and give them all their vitamins. And let's face it, I just really enjoy going out with them. We took Granny's dog on a golf cart ride out to see the cows. Our bull will still not let hunny get near him, ever since he dewormed. So I went out and gave Charlie his rub down. . .

my cushaw are about 4 inches long now. Life is good here.

Last edited:
The garden is looking better here but as I said earlier I had to replant the thin spots due to the cold spell. I should be able to pick some young collard leaves soon. Really craving some cooked with beef broth. Got lettuces big enough to harvest now too. Life is at a much slower pace now but I have no complaints.

The garden is looking better here but as I said earlier I had to replant the thin spots due to the cold spell. I should be able to pick some young collard leaves soon. Really craving some cooked with beef broth. Got lettuces big enough to harvest now too. Life is at a much slower pace now but I have no complaints.
Heck with the lack of sleep I had when I went out to weed, I ended up thinking it was Mammoth Sunflower bed which is planted straight down the middle intending to add in some Kentucky Wonders later to grow up the stalks. . . until I started looking . . . it was dry bean bed that is just now coming in. . . .three rows in the bed. At least I caught myself with only 1/4 of one row. Yep I felt like a total dummy and just finished my weeding and then taking off more leaves and suckers off my tomatoes tying them up the poles more. I will replant my stupidity tomorrow morning. At least my walkways got sprayed for weeds too. I need more mulch but with this shutdown, I dont think the dump is offering it on the weekend yet. Will have to call tomorrow.

Heck with the lack of sleep I had when I went out to weed, I ended up thinking it was Mammoth Sunflower bed which is planted straight down the middle intending to add in some Kentucky Wonders later to grow up the stalks. . . until I started looking . . . it was dry bean bed that is just now coming in. . . .three rows in the bed. At least I caught myself with only 1/4 of one row. Yep I felt like a total dummy and just finished my weeding and then taking off more leaves and suckers off my tomatoes tying them up the poles more. I will replant my stupidity tomorrow morning. At least my walkways got sprayed for weeds too. I need more mulch but with this shutdown, I dont think the dump is offering it on the weekend yet. Will have to call tomorrow.
I’m sure I jumped the gun and replanted some rows that didn’t need it. Lots of seeds will just go dormant in cold and will still sprout once warmed. I can always thin the plants if I get too many at least.

Oh I also got to pull my purple top turnips that I let go to seed. Put in a big feed bag makes them easy to thresh and get the hulls off.
I wish I liked those things... they grow really well here but I just can’t get past the flavor!

I’m sure I jumped the gun and replanted some rows that didn’t need it. Lots of seeds will just go dormant in cold and will still sprout once warmed. I can always thin the plants if I get too many at least.
Been there and done that too. . . :p i HAVE NO PATIENTS AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS. . .

Pretty quiet here. I have noticed the traffic picking up down on the highway. I would say the natives are getting restless and coming out more with this talk of reopening. 4 new baby Khaki Campbell ducks. Baby chicks are now out in the coop addition and doing great all feathered out almost. Planted a fence line with evergreen trees for more privacy. 13 holes dug and 13 trees planted. Thinned my mustard greens and put down fertilizer on the garden and some weeding today.

People are starting to get their 401k statments now. That should start getting people fired up about opening up our country.
Not everyone can afford to cower in the corner and wait another, 6 months, a year??? Thats how long some of these idiot "experts" think we should remain shutdown. Of course they don't care, they still get a paycheck.

Built a new raised bed for some red and yellow bell peppers, onions tomatoes and for the first time,,,some potatoes. Wonder if that will work. Decorated the whole thing with petunias and geranians, pink, red and purple. Fell down the 2 steps between the cellars, scraped an elbow and landed with my back on the corner of a step in the same place I twisted it 2 weeks ago...do I feel stupid?? Naaaaa. Going to the CT/MRT today and have it looked at. Still on sick leave. Cleaned and vacumed the cellar to get the broken glass up I dropped while falling...needed to do that anyway. Put up a small greenhouse on the balcony with the tomatoes that are getting big enough to put into bigger pots for the final growing. Shortened the legs of 3 pairs of jeans for my wife, I sew better than her.

The vast majority of people don’t have savings and a huge number don’t have any income at all right now. The reality is they simply can’t just shelter in place for months without starving. We, as preppers, are a tiny fraction of the population that thought it was wise to have emergency reserves of food and other essential items. So many were caught off guard and lost their ability to feed themselves with this. I am not excusing others lack of foresight to take care of themselves and their families but the reality is there are lots of them. This will be a powder keg in a short period of time. Take into account that the majority of these people in the US are armed and the government should be starting to worry....

You just have to wonder how many people right now are actually regretting the fact that they didnt prepare for their future. . . investing in the ability to feed their kids and put a roof over their heads for just another month after losing their monthly income. . . I really do this situation does slap some people in the face to the reality that life as they know it can be taken away in a heartbeat with no action from them as the cause. . . instead it seems that peoples materialistic wants are more important to them verses what will actually keep them alive.

Latest posts

Back