What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you allowed to buy ammo out of state and bring it in?

Don't know...........The only place I might have a shot is Pennsylvania but I don't know whats going on there and it's a haul that's why I'd like to expand this thread to discuss political issues in Blue States specifically. I don't think you can ship ammo.

I learned about the real Bill Gates back in the 1980s. To say that he is an evil back stabbing, conniving con man, would be an insult to con men. He got his start by FORCING everyone to use Microsoft DOS on PCs. And the lengths he went to to crush competitors (like DRDOS) were unbelievable.

Early versions of Microsoft Windows were hamstrung by the antiquated memory management of Microsoft DOS, which forced you to put device drivers in "low" memory (640K) which your applications needed to run. This meant that if you had, say a mouse and a CD drive, you didn't have enough low memory left for your Windows applications to do anything - no matter how much memory your computer actually had. DRDOS came along and solved the memory management, allowing device drivers to run in "high memory", which actually helped Windows users tremendously.

But instead of updating Microsoft DOS to improve memory management, Gates put some code in Windows that would detect DRDOS and then disable Windows. Disable HIS OWN PRODUCT if the user is not using Microsoft DOS.

All he had to do was update Microsoft DOS, but nooooo, that was too much work. He was raking in millions by doing nothing, and DRDOS threatened that business model, LOL.

He stole Windows from Steve Jobs..............he's definitely a Progressive.

Son #3 was going to go offshore fishing yesterday but since the North wind was blowing so hard they ended up fishing the jetty instead. He just dropped off 4 nice sized flounders. What he wanted in e,change was my recipe for seafood stuffing. That is what I always made when we came home from a good day of fishing.:) Things like that stick with them even years later.

Ammo can be shipped, unless the state (commiefornia) specifically bans out of state ammo deliveries. I live in beautiful Arizona and all my ammo and ammo supplies are shipped to me. I have shipped ammo to my, out of state, sons, but it has to go ground only. UPS is the best, as far as I am concerned.

Ammo can be shipped, unless the state (commiefornia) specifically bans out of state ammo deliveries. I live in beautiful Arizona and all my ammo and ammo supplies are shipped to me. I have shipped ammo to my, out of state, sons, but it has to go ground only. UPS is the best, as far as I am concerned.
NY has a lot of stupid rules. I couldn’t have mace sent as a gift to my sister there. Ended up mailing it wrapped in a Christmas package....

Son #3 was going to go offshore fishing yesterday but since the North wind was blowing so hard they ended up fishing the jetty instead. He just dropped off 4 nice sized flounders. What he wanted in e,change was my recipe for seafood stuffing. That is what I always made when we came home from a good day of fishing.:) Things like that stick with them even years later.
A good piece of batter fried or blackened flounder sounds really good. So does fishing for it.

But what about driving to Pennsylvania, buying ammo, and then bringing it home to NY? That's what I was talking about.

It's a haul........but maybe worth it. Need to find out whats going on there. I want to start a thread about what progressives are doing to deny rights in Blue States like NY........never let a good crisi go to waste.

It's a haul........but maybe worth it. Need to find out whats going on there. I want to start a thread about what progressives are doing to deny rights in Blue States like NY........never let a good crisi go to waste.
Just remember that the spineless wimps in the Repubic party helped get us where we are today by "compromising" with the Leftist Dems. Since Trump has been in office some of the Repibics have gotten part of their spine back, but most are still wimps and cowards.

Just remember that the spineless wimps in the Repubic party helped get us where we are today by "compromising" with the Leftist Dems. Since Trump has been in office some of the Repibics have gotten part of their spine back, but most are still wimps and cowards.

That's why I'm a registered conservative in NY........I have no interest in supporting RINO's........I'm with ya.

Flounder does sound good. Okay Dani share up on the seafood stuffing recipe that sounds really good. When my kids come home they either want seafood gumbo or red beans and rice. My son hog hunts so he keeps me in fresh pork.

Flounder does sound good. Okay Dani share up on the seafood stuffing recipe that sounds really good. When my kids come home they either want seafood gumbo or red beans and rice. My son hog hunts so he keeps me in fresh pork.
I sure will when I get a chance to type it out on the big computer after I get home from work tomorrow. Right now I am about to have to start getting ready to go in. Boss texted me earlier to say we finally received a big Marco Polo Reggiano. So yay! About 100 lbs and have to score and use a wedge to break it open. It builds up muscles. . . ;) After not getting one for a couple months, I may be soft now. . .

That takes a lot of work tanning a hide. I have done 1 in my lifetime now. . . And wouldn't you know I started BIG with a cow hide. I saw your post about your dehydrator.

I haven't had good flounder in decades. There was a seafood restaurant on the Mississippi Gulf coast that broiled them whole and deboned it at the table. That was my favorite fish for a long time. The flounder here is like eating wet cardboard.
I love flounder. We used to catch them in our salmon nets in Alaska sometimes. They weren't very big but good eating.

I sure will when I get a chance to type it out on the big computer after I get home from work tomorrow. Right now I am about to have to start getting ready to go in. Boss texted me earlier to say we finally received a big Marco Polo Reggiano. So yay! About 100 lbs and have to score and use a wedge to break it open. It builds up muscles. . . ;) After not getting one for a couple months, I may be soft now. . .

That takes a lot of work tanning a hide. I have done 1 in my lifetime now. . . And wouldn't you know I started BIG with a cow hide. I saw your post about your dehydrator.
So remembered I already have it typed out. Going to put it under food thread.

My daughter’s neighborhood is doing some cool stuff. The neighborhood is not that big and has a fair amount of kids in it. The one neighbor is a yoga instructor. They started a couple weeks ago doing yoga in the front yard in mid morning if warm and afternoon if cooler. All spread out of course. The kids are just loving it! Most of them go in their front yards at 9 in the morning and say the pledge and sing God Bless America too!

In the evenings after dinner the parents grab some wine and the kids their bikes. The parents walk and the kids ride. No one gets close, but I guess the folks have all gotten to know each other much better and everyone is getting along and helping each other! Isn’t that just great?!

I love stuffed flounder! I have a great recipe to.

Today our government has informed that schools are re-opening.
Germany is also re-opening, they want to only let the oldest kids finish their schooling and take the final exams. The younger kids may or may not get back this year. Many of the stores have a mandatory distance of 2 meters from other customers, a mandatory taking of a shopping cart to help with that, a person sanitatising the carts and watching/monitoring the mask requirements. The cashier ladies must be the MOST exposed persons in the world...they have to touch EVERYTHING all others have touched and placed into their carts, touch all the money and credit cards also. We have plastic shields on all cash registers in our town now to protect them now.
The government did NOT tell me to prep, did NOT tell me to stay at home; DID NOT tell me to buy sanitiser, masks or rubber gloves...I have my preps ALL THE TIME anyway and do not care what the rest of the world or Germany does or does NOT do. I know we are NOT gonna survive this **** if we do not stay away from the stupids and sickly. We are too old and Helena is too weak to get sick with ANYTHING anymore. We mask, wear gloves and de- con after just going for a walk with the dog, check the mail or go shopping. No need for the gov't to say a word...GP

With all these renters and home owners not paying there rent or mortgages, the real estate market is in bad shape. I just signed a lease to rent out a trailer I had put on my property on it's own lot. I rented to a retired army veteran and his family, that's paying with a VA voucher, through HUD.

I'm blessed to be able to get more income and help a military veteran, at times like this.

With all these renters and home owners not paying there rent or mortgages, the real estate market is in bad shape. I just signed a lease to rent out a trailer I had put on my property on it's own lot. I rented to a retired army veteran and his family, that's paying with a VA voucher, through HUD.

I'm blessed to be able to get more income and help a military veteran, at times like this.

Good man, well done.

Our store hours have lengthened from 7am to 10pm so our section is only losing 1 hr a day of normal business hours. Maybe now scheduled shifts can go back to 8 hrs instead of the shorter 6hrs. My hours never got cut thank goodness, in fact I have had to add in another full shift this last week to keep up. Guess that stimulate money is helping and we got back in some of the more popular items. When I went last night I expected to see my normal sized reggiano wheel but instead they only sent a quarter wheel. That won't last long but at least we got it in.

Started watering the garden after I got up and am having a relaxing day so far. Just got back in from cleaning out the barns and grooming my bucks. It's getting summertime and they are shedding like crazy. I like to try to get off as much of that undercoat as I can go help them stay cooler. Those boys were basically lining up one after another . . . They would probably stand there all day as long as I kept brushing on them. I had a few girls who snuck in line too so of course they get a little brushing too. Hard for them to understand they don't shed like the boys are. . They do have their perks too. Since most of my girls still have babes to nurse so they get more vitamins than the boys. It's like goat crack. . . They love it! ;)

Need to start making some dinner and I got a couple bananas screaming to be made into nut bread.

Our store hours have lengthened from 7am to 10pm so our section is only losing 1 hr a day of normal business hours. Maybe now scheduled shifts can go back to 8 hrs instead of the shorter 6hrs. My hours never got cut thank goodness, in fact I have had to add in another full shift this last week to keep up. Guess that stimulate money is helping and we got back in some of the more popular items. When I went last night I expected to see my normal sized reggiano wheel but instead they only sent a quarter wheel. That won't last long but at least we got it in.

Started watering the garden after I got up and am having a relaxing day so far. Just got back in from cleaning out the barns and grooming my bucks. It's getting summertime and they are shedding like crazy. I like to try to get off as much of that undercoat as I can go help them stay cooler. Those boys were basically lining up one after another . . . They would probably stand there all day as long as I kept brushing on them. I had a few girls who snuck in line too so of course they get a little brushing too. Hard for them to understand they don't shed like the boys are. . They do have their perks too. Since most of my girls still have babes to nurse so they get more vitamins than the boys. It's like goat crack. . . They love it! ;)

Need to start making some dinner and I got a couple bananas screaming to be made into nut bread.

How many goats do you have? I’ve wanted goats for some time now. Helped raise some at my grandparents when I was a teen. They are so entertaining! Made some banana bread the other day when I was making several loaves of Italian bread. I keep one loaf out and freeze the rest.

Wow! That’s a lot of goats! Do you sell them?
I do sell them and have even just given some away. A friend of ours wanted some to help keep the seeds and grass down at his shop so I let him have 2 bucks and a couple does. He got an added bonus because 1 was pregnant. It was a nice little surprise for his girlfriend. I think she maybe hooked on goats now. I asked him if he wanted to come pick some out but he said he trusted my judgement. I do have a few I will never let go of though. I picked out 4 nice looking ones that were a year to 3 years old for him and when we brought them over he seemed like he was impressed with how healthy looking they all were and very personable. They like to go into the shop to take a look at what he is working on now. Our friend has owned goats before so I know he knows how to take care of my babies.

I will not sell to just anyone though.

Back