What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow, Friday May 1, Governor Nuisance is going to close all Kalifornia state beaches and parks because too many people were congregating in those areas.

It should be the opposite. Tell everyone to go out in the sun to the beaches and parks. Before they leave there house set off discenfectant bombs. Discenfect there vehicles on the way out.

Nothing. The only problem is that people "defied" this idiots order. There's no effen way that I'd stay home on a warm sunny day with 800 miles of coastline. Not to mention the lakes and rivers.

That was my point, he is going to create a riot forcing people to stay home.

We ventured out today to return an order to Harbor Freight they flubbed up. :( On the way home we stopped at a small family owned restaurant supply house in town. Holy Crap I will never go to Walmart again. Place was empty but they were happy to let us shop. They had everything from large sacks of rice, beans, pasta, sugar, flour, to meats of every kind. You had to buy in larger quantities but they had also split up some into smaller packages. They bent over backwards and even gave us an additional discount. No meat shortage there by the way. Chicken, beef, pork, fish, and seafood aplenty. Lots of frozen veggies. The only thing that I saw short was dairy, butter and cheese. Said with the restaurants closed they were hurting. Not much fresh fruit or veggies though. By the way they had cases of toilet paper too :p

We ventured out today to return an order to Harbor Freight they flubbed up. :( On the way home we stopped at a small family owned restaurant supply house in town. Holy Crap I will never go to Walmart again. Place was empty but they were happy to let us shop. They had everything from large sacks of rice, beans, pasta, sugar, flour, to meats of every kind. You had to buy in larger quantities but they had also split up some into smaller packages. They bent over backwards and even gave us an additional discount. No meat shortage there by the way. Chicken, beef, pork, fish, and seafood aplenty. Lots of frozen veggies. The only thing that I saw short was dairy, butter and cheese. Said with the restaurants closed they were hurting. Not much fresh fruit or veggies though. By the way they had cases of toilet paper too :p
Gosh how I wish we had a place around here. . . We used to but they have moved to a couple hours away from here to a much larger city.

Gosh how I wish we had a place around here. . . We used to but they have moved to a couple hours away from here to a much larger city.

I guess this one has been here for a long time but we didn't know about it. I think before they were exclusively wholesale but with the restaurants closed they are letting the public in. For now anyway.

The restaurant supply places here that call themselves "restaurant supply" places are just for equipment. However there is a "Cash and Carry Warehouse Grocery" that sells wholesale foods and supplies. Kind of like "Big Lots" for food. Their non perishables are stacked in boxes on the floor. I think they used to be cash only but they take plastic now. I should probably head over there in the morning and see what they've got.

I heard that there are lawsuits being filed over this idiot governor and his fascist orders to close the beaches.

He back tracked and now it is only orange county beaches and parks. Anyone want to explain why the other beaches are safe and orange county beaches are not? Now If we want to touch the "RACIST" card. Orange county is very heavily populated by Hispanics.

He back tracked and now it is only orange county beaches and parks. Anyone want to explain why the other beaches are safe and orange county beaches are not? Now If we want to touch the "RACIST" card. Orange county is very heavily populated by Hispanics.

Governor Nuisance said he was ‘disturbed’ (no pun intended;)) about the images he saw of thousands of people at the OC beaches.

“I love all these politicians. They all say the same thing - ‘We’ll give California back to the people.’ Yeah, great. Now that it’s not worth anything they want to give it back to us.”

Jay Leno
it just mean, that they stole it from the people before and getting caught by doing so in such an obvious way, other dicators are much more creepier to take our countries.

Despite our governors order to remain shut down through May, our city government has voted to reopen. I'm not exactly sure what that means, for businesses in terms of who gets to open and that sort of thing. Regardless, this should be interesting! No response yet from Madison!

Despite our governors order to remain shut down through May, our city government has voted to reopen. I'm not exactly sure what that means, for businesses in terms of who gets to open and that sort of thing. Regardless, this should be interesting! No response yet from Madison!

Just saw where the State Senate has voted to sue the governor.

Why do you say that? Because most of us don't fall for their BS? Tell me, how can you tell the ones that truly need help from the ones that are scamming a gullible fool?

There is a local who has been arrested over 100 times for panhandling. He doesn't need the money. Drives a nice SUV and has a house. He's just too lazy to get the 9 to 5.

What a beautiful day. I sawed, tilled, weeded, added boss to bees, used weed eater, etc.

I am dead. I wish the chickens would go to bed so I can too.
I have had a headache all day long. . . but yes it has been beautiful today even here!! My husband had to go to work this morning and let me sleep in till 7. He woke me with a kiss and told me that he went ahead and fed my goats when he was out feeding his cows and pigs and even had my coffee made. . . such a sweetheart. I started my day out walking the garden and saw that I needed to train up some more of my squash up the trellises. They are doing great and putting on a lot of spaghetti and butternut squash so at least my 'experiment' is working out good. After that I started cleaning the house. Since my grand baby who is allergic to basically everything is coming tomorrow I wanted to make sure that house had no dust what so ever. . . so spent most of the day wiping, dusting and moping. Made dinner of Golden Chicken, Cream Corn, Four Cheese Pasta and Corn Muffins half with Jalapenoes just because I could and love, but yet I do not feel like eating. . . maybe later but my head is just a dull pain right now and not feeling like it. I used to get migraines often when I worked as a manager for a department store. Once I quit they went away. I have been getting these headaches more often again. . .

I have had a headache all day long. . . but yes it has been beautiful today even here!! My husband had to go to work this morning and let me sleep in till 7. He woke me with a kiss and told me that he went ahead and fed my goats when he was out feeding his cows and pigs and even had my coffee made. . . such a sweetheart. I started my day out walking the garden and saw that I needed to train up some more of my squash up the trellises. They are doing great and putting on a lot of spaghetti and butternut squash so at least my 'experiment' is working out good. After that I started cleaning the house. Since my grand baby who is allergic to basically everything is coming tomorrow I wanted to make sure that house had no dust what so ever. . . so spent most of the day wiping, dusting and moping. Made dinner of Golden Chicken, Cream Corn, Four Cheese Pasta and Corn Muffins half with Jalapenoes just because I could and love, but yet I do not feel like eating. . . maybe later but my head is just a dull pain right now and not feeling like it. I used to get migraines often when I worked as a manager for a department store. Once I quit they went away. I have been getting these headaches more often again. . .

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I used to have sinus headaches all the time, but haven't had one for years. I was telling my mom that I feel so blessed that I've never had a migraine.

Latest posts

Back