Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;) :D
463757536_852509257051955_5710035285759632114_n.jpg

''Bread Purrrrrdding Served"...?!?

Smart Kitty, Good Night...

iu

Sweet Dreams All :

iu

Morning routine in the house of Thumper... aka, "If the cat can't sleep Nooobody sleeps!"

4:00 AM

CAT: Gentle tap, tap, timid "Maow," tap, tap.

ME: Opens one eye, to see a pair of cat ears silhouetted in the dark, with two big black eyes, 6" from my nose. "It's 4 AM, go to sleep."

CAT: Tap, tap, "Maow." (I'm hungry, feed me or I'll never stop.) Takes blanket in her teeth and starts pulling it off.

ME: Gets up, puts slippers on wrong feet. Stumbles into kitchen. "You HAVE food!" Puts a fresh scoop on the mountain. Thumper rubs against legs, trying to trip me in the dark, not understanding that breaking my neck is counter productive. I totter back to bed. (Thumper gets 4 scoops, about a cup, twice a day, she is far from starving, so don't listen to her lies.)

Three minutes later...

"OOF." Cat jumps from headboard onto stomach, then leaps onto "Mommy" eliciting a scream. Jumps to window sill.

CAT: "I'm wide awake, let's play Zoomies on the bed!" Oof, ugh, ouch!

30 seconds later, all curled up, snuggled next to Mommy and purring.

I lay wide awake until 5, when I give up, and creep out of bed without waking the cat.

I remember a time when I was the Master of my house...

Morning routine in the house of Thumper... aka, "If the cat can't sleep Nooobody sleeps!"

4:00 AM

CAT: Gentle tap, tap, timid "Maow," tap, tap.

ME: Opens one eye, to see a pair of cat ears silhouetted in the dark, with two big black eyes, 6" from my nose. "It's 4 AM, go to sleep."

CAT: Tap, tap, "Maow." (I'm hungry, feed me or I'll never stop.) Takes blanket in her teeth and starts pulling it off.

ME: Gets up, puts slippers on wrong feet. Stumbles into kitchen. "You HAVE food!" Puts a fresh scoop on the mountain. Thumper rubs against legs, trying to trip me in the dark, not understanding that breaking my neck is counter productive. I totter back to bed. (Thumper gets 4 scoops, about a cup, twice a day, she is far from starving, so don't listen to her lies.)

Three minutes later...

"OOF." Cat jumps from headboard onto stomach, then leaps onto "Mommy" eliciting a scream. Jumps to window sill.

CAT: "I'm wide awake, let's play Zoomies on the bed!" Oof, ugh, ouch!

30 seconds later, all curled up, snuggled next to Mommy and purring.

I lay wide awake until 5, when I give up, and creep out of bed without waking the cat.

I remember a time when I was the Master of my house...
It's just a memory now😸

What pretty kitties. Thumper hasn't seen snow. She's a layabout. ;) :D
View attachment 165826
The first time my Baby Cakes saw snow we had like 6"!! It started snowing at night and I worried about her. My outside cats have insulted houses and plenty of warm safe places, but she was the only outside cat at the time, very ferrel still, just lost her brother a couple months before!! She met me and the dog at the door in the morning, went out in the snow and rolled in it, buried herself in it, just loved it!!

Latest posts

Back