Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a new stray cat that has been coming to my house. I throw food out for animals almost every night. Deer corn, mealworms, sunflower seeds, whole peanuts and cat kibble for the crows, deer, squirrels. This cat discovered the cat food in my yard. The homestead down the road has a whole bunch of feral in neutered cats. This one find us. I’m now feeding him in a bowl and gave home some canned food today. He’s learning to trust me. In a couple weeks I’ll get him neutered. Any cute name suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2316.jpeg
    IMG_2316.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2319.mov
    29.1 MB
Last edited:
This is a new stray cat that has been coming to my house. I throw food out for animals almost every night. Deer corn, mealworms, sunflower seeds, whoke peanuts and cat kibble for the cries, deer, squirrels. This cat discovered the cat food in my yard. The homestead down the road has a whole bench of feral in neutered cats. This one find us. I’m now feeding him in a bowl and gave home some canned food today. He’s learning to trust me. In a couple weeks I’ll get him neutered. Any cute name suggestions?
Tennessee Tuxedo :) . (Old Cartoon penguin)

This is a new stray cat that has been coming to my house. I throw food out for animals almost every night. Deer corn, mealworms, sunflower seeds, whoke peanuts and cat kibble for the cries, deer, squirrels. This cat discovered the cat food in my yard. The homestead down the road has a whole bench of feral in neutered cats. This one find us. I’m now feeding him in a bowl and gave home some canned food today. He’s learning to trust me. In a couple weeks I’ll get him neutered. Any cute name suggestions?
Casper Tux or Tuxedo

Checkers -- Magik -- Willie - Vladymir

Yesterday our oldest black cat showed up. He had been gone for over a week and considering his age I figured his time had come.
He wasn't too skinny but he sure wanted to remain in contact with me. And he is still sheding here in montana so the fur is everywhere.
Once before he got locked in the neighbors garage and was gone for about four days and before that the neighbors with two pit bulls found him in their house.....
Some cats definately lead a crazy life..

I have created a monster. Our kitty, Thumper (cause she gives bunny kicks when you rub her tummy) is never allowed outside alone as we are on the edge of open desert. (Coyotes, owls, heat, rattlesnakes, Graboids...) But she would always fight about coming back inside. So we started using "kitty treats" to lure her back in. Now when we are done working we just tell her "time for kitties to go inside." My wife even got her to sit before getting her treat. What a well mannered kitty.

And then...

I thought it would be cute to teach her to give me "kitty kisses." So she learned to hop up in my recliner and give me a little nose rub, and she touches my chin with her paw. Then she gets a kitty treat. It's so sweet.

And now... Every. Single. Time. I get close to the chair she's there, milling around my feet like a kitty shark on the hunt. I sit down and she hops in my lap to give me a kiss and get her treat. And not just one, she learned to coerce TWO treats out of me by giving an extra kiss. What a sucker I am.

Then she curls up and I can't do anything but blog on my tablet. Never disturb the cat!
20221226_092738.jpg

Last edited:
I have created a monster. Our kitty, Thumper (cause she gives bunny kicks when you rub her tummy) is never allowed outside alone as we are on the edge of open desert. (Coyotes, owls, heat, rattlesnakes, Graboids...) But she would always fight about coming back inside. So we started using "kitty treats" to lure her back in. Now when we are done working we just tell her "time for kitties to go inside." My wife even got her to sit before getting her treat. What a well mannered kitty.

And then...

I thought it would be cute to teach her to give me "kitty kisses." So she learned to hop up in my recliner and give me a little nose rub, and she touches my chin with her paw. Then she gets a kitty treat. It's so sweet.

And now... Every. Single. Time. I get close to the chair she's there, milling around my feet like a kitty shark on the hunt. I sit down and she hops in my lap to give me a kiss and get her treat. And not just one, she learned to coerce TWO treats out of me by giving an extra kiss. What a sucker I am.

Then she curls up and I can't do anything but blog on my tablet. Never disturb the cat!
View attachment 157307
You have been "Trained Well"...!!!

My Bushie used to do that with Me w/o the Treats because She Loved Me and Knew I Loved Her back...

Look at Post #311, One can see it in Her Eyes...!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back