• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, now, we must allow stupid people to take their DNA out of the gene-pool.:rolleyes:
...It's called evolution by 'natural-selection' :thumbs:.
Ad I raised my son I witnessed many times he did something and got hurt. He would look at me and I would say...

Don't do That!

Ben

Bad dogs!! As I was leaving for work this morning I noticed three large dogs in Buddy's pasture! Zipped in the house, got the 20 gauge! They saw the gun and jumped my 4 1/2' fence, getting their rear ends peppered! I talked with animal control and apparently these three have been killing goats, sheep, and calves in the area! They live on another road, the owners have been busted for trespassing, not charged. Trespassing is now a felony in Texas, several people in the area are now looking to catch these jerks and their dogs! The dogs are Mastiff, Pit Bull mixes! They will be sent to doggie heaven very soon! It should be legal to shoot the Irresponsible owners!!

So the situation at my brother's work turned out even worse than I'd thought and he was lied to about it. It was a 6-yr-old boy who escaped and our friend had to fill me in on the details because he saw the security footage. It wasn't a "no one is at fault thing". The employee who opened the gate was entirely at fault. She didn't follow proper protocols-- didn't even look to see where the kids were and didn't close the gate right away. Apparently, she's supposed to look and make sure all kids are accounted for and to watch carefully, turn around and make sure kids are all still inside, and she's supposed to close the gate quickly. She just walked out without looking. Friend said she "had the situational awareness of Helen Keller". But she's besties with the main boss there and didn't get in trouble. Bro found out they let the other lower tier employees on kid's side keep their keys even though the screwup was from one of the kid's side employees. The boss was hung up on why he was in the office and how if he'd been in the office he could have caught the kid before the kid made it to the doors and was caught by security. Nevermind that he was doing his job in the office. He pointed out that if they'd had a 2nd person on shift like they were supposed to according to official policy, then someone would have been on the floor while he was doing paperwork. And that if he'd been in the bathroom or restocking the prize shelf he still would not have seen the kid. But that they were punishing him for someone else screwing up and that he will no longer do any extra work. He put in his notice with his boss last night and was in a slightly better mood because he already talked to people in security who want to work with him-- he put in for a transfer to security. They told him who to speak to about getting hired there. Friend said there are two openings in the job currently.

Meanwhile, heat here is miserable and I don't have any energy. At least the dogs helped me clean up the rest of the spilled food in the kitchen. I'd been too tired to mess with it more and the dogs were lapping it up. Went back and they cleaned it up well.

Princess caught an opossum and injured the poor thing pretty badly. Blood was all over the floor. I had to lock her in the living room so I could take the poor thing outside. It was breathing but was still bleeding quite a bit. I will have to check to see if it escaped or if the body is still where I set it. I put a cardboard box over so that Princess couldn't see it easily but it could still escape. I wish I could train her to leave the critters alone.

@zannej , Hope Your brother gets and Loves His New Job, You Need His Help... :thumbs:

@Pearl you are always spot on with your timing and saw those dogs before they did any damage to your critters.
I hate knowing I live in an area where people do not care to keep their animals in control or neutered for that matter. It makes for true aggression. And once they've tasted fresh blood they're like zombies.

One came back!!😮 I was in the pool, had to get out! It killed the baby twin deers, and when I got to the fence to 'take care of business', it grabbed mom deer by the top of her neck and shook her to death!! I blasted it, it turned and looked at me, gave it the second barrel full front on!! It grabbed the adult deer carcass and ran for home!! 😮 Not safe!! 🙁

One came back!!😮 I was in the pool, had to get out! It killed the baby twin deers, and when I got to the fence to 'take care of business', it grabbed mom deer by the top of her neck and shook her to death!! I blasted it, it turned and looked at me, gave it the second barrel full front on!! It grabbed the adult deer carcass and ran for home!! 😮 Not safe!! 🙁
Can bear play in his pool when you are in yours?

Maybe alert you earlier?

Stay safe!

Ben

Pearl, that is awful! Can't help but be mad at the owners for letting them do that. I admit, my dogs can leave my yard and run around in the woods, but they are both under 20lbs and they don't go in other people's yards (too spread out and other people's yards are too far away). I'm hoping to get the front gate fixed to make it harder for them to get out. That's another thing-- can't seem to find anyone in the area who fixes fences/gates and mine is still down from a hurricane in 2020.

No dogs this morning!! Hopefully I accomplished something!
I Hope You did as much to it as it did to those Fawns and Mama...!!!

Unfortunately I don't think I did!!
Sounds like you need a M1 Carbine.
If you do not have one, and want one, one will be provided free of charge.:D

snare wire !

i got an idea now buddys injuries came from these dogs harassing him?

yall noticed how much shipping has went up...i know prices went up and cost of shipping materials...plus labor...i ordered a few things this year but not much...apple root stock was straight $25....another item was $51...well i ordered something this week it cost $18.95 but shipping was $9.60...i needed more items from place but wasnt real sure about what i was going to order so o just ordered the small order first and be sure and get correct stuff when i place a larger order...anyhow...shipping on everything is high right now.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifesty...ase-tourists-year-after-devastating-wildfires

Isn't this exactly what the residents of Maui asked for? "Tourists - please stay away. We need to rebuild our lives. We need to use the previous tourist housing options to house our own people." I can understand this sentiment, and I support it.

Now the tourists are staying away. As requested to. If Maui residents are complaining about this, I can't understand that sentiment. Don't blame of shame the tourists for doing exactly what you asked them to do.

I dislike Johnson grass!

I spent a food bit of today researching how to get rid of Johnson grass. Seems there only two options to get rid of that stuff.

1) Roundup

2) cut it short and cover with a tarp for a month.

Both are in my near future.

Ben

OK
No tordon, either. That's the preference of farmers round here.
hmmm, gonna have to google that one . ☠️

And now we know :)

Picloram is a systemic herbicide used for general woody plant control. It also controls a wide range of broad-leaved weeds, but most grasses are resistant. A chlorinated derivative of picolinic acid, picloram is in the pyridine family of herbicides. Picloram can be sprayed on foliage, injected into plants, applied to cut surfaces, or placed at the base of the plant where it will leach to the roots. Once absorbed by the foliage, stem, or roots, picloram is transported throughout the plant.

uh, kinda, EEEK. I'll stick with roundup or a hoe.

Last edited:
Water is still dripping from the attic but I haven't been able to get up there yet. Been so hot and friend has kidney stones and can't come over. Found out my brother's boss, who is a little younger than me, is pretty much terminally ill. Also, the co-worker who allowed a child to escape from the kid's arcade apparently made an end run around the boss to go straight to corporate to scapegoat my brother. She made a huge deal about him being in the office and how the kid would not have made it outside if my brother had been in the regular arcade instead of the office-- nevermind that the kid never would have made it out of the kid's area if she'd followed protocol and done her job. She was trying really hard to make it seem like my brother's fault so the boss took the keys away from my brother in the hopes that corporate wouldn't go after him.

So much to get done around this house and no help with it and I haven't had the energy to do enough. Floor in the kitchen is starting to get messed up from the dripping bc dogs and cats keep spilling the thing I have set up to catch the water.

Latest posts

Back