What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Third and last day of Russian salmon loaf. I put some smoked trout in it this time as well. OMG, we could eat it for another week. It is really good.
Can you tell more about it. I made salmon for dinner tonight but there is leftover. Is this the kind of thing you can make with bits

Third and last day of Russian salmon loaf. I put some smoked trout in it this time as well. OMG, we could eat it for another week. It is really good.
If this is what I think ...is your looking like koulibiak its rice - salmon - hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, onions, and dill all together and you make a crust
1722816558332.png

If this is what I think ...is your looking like koulibiak its rice - salmon - hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, onions, and dill all together and you make a crust
View attachment 159033

Yes, I make mine about 3-4" thick and cook the rice in chicken stock. Some people will find it bland, but I don't like hot so I am good.

Had corned beef cabbage and carrots for dinner. All home canned so it was a quick heat up and the teenager was happy to make most of it disappear. Husband said something about me spending hours making it. Kid retorted with “yeah like 6 months ago “… 🤣

Fuzzy tacos? Ha Ha
I think it's cheeseburgers tonight. Husband on a diet again, so he wants a lettuce wrap burger. And fresh green beans.
@Pearl knows what I'm talking about. The kids have been to velvet taco in the cities, but that's for the funky kids with expensive taco tastes. Fuzzy's is cheap enough. @Pearl we've gotta have lunch at that other taco place in town. Good guacamole.
Tonight I had veggies. Started eating weird stuff like canned beets. This means I am getting old. Hopefully tomorrow my foot will be okay and I'll make something decent.

@Pearl knows what I'm talking about. The kids have been to velvet taco in the cities, but that's for the funky kids with expensive taco tastes. Fuzzy's is cheap enough. @Pearl we've gotta have lunch at that other taco place in town. Good guacamole.
Tonight I had veggies. Started eating weird stuff like canned beets. This means I am getting old. Hopefully tomorrow my foot will be okay and I'll make something decent.
Yup, have a Fuzzys Tacos close by too:
IMG_7573.JPG

dont eat it often...but i had rice and creek chubs the other night...i call it stinky man food....plain rice in bowl topped with chub mackerel from a can de-boned then an entire head of garlic sauteed in a bit of olive oil and butter...salt to taste...it was so good !

Latest posts

Back