Dogs ...all about dogs only

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little girl.

Attachments

• IMG_20240702_203720.jpg
    IMG_20240702_203720.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 0
I have a dog that is fine with fireworks. At this time of year we can sit on the porch together and soak it in. Here in the city and with all the trees, we can’t see most, but can certainly hear them.

Tonight, hanging out in the garage - someone lite off a series of whistling rockets… the dog stood to attention with a slight growl and woof, woof, woof. Not sounding mean, just vocal and standing to attention, and repeating the woof, woof, woof. This dog is so cool. ❤️

Last edited:
I got Knucklehead after my aorta got resected almost 7 years ago. I figured...we'd go out about the same time...which is creepin' up on us. Consequently, he's lived 'a dog's life'...and...honestly...if we go out together...I'd sure love him taggin along into the Great Wherever. So would he.....

NEVER DO THAT TO YOUR DOG

Keep your DOG home with AC

Someone who does it to a dog should not be aloud to have a dog anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I did call Police on someone for dog crap like this one in the past
in a shopping center parking ...How someone can do this to their dog!!!!!!!!!!
🤬😡

They do it to their kids too!! These people should be put to death in a hot vehicle!!

I am not saying it is ok to leave an animal in the vehicle but not even the windows opened some way ( it was 42.6 c in the sun today as measured , it is our winter ) .Common sense is something that has not materialized in the persons life , also in this day & age it is ; ME ME 'entitlement , must be showing my age 🧑‍🦼here regards Mad Dog 🐶

As I have gone thru this site I have seen where a few doubt a Relationship between animals and people are not 2 B or shouldn't happen... For those Individuals I Respectfully ask You to Please find and watch this :

Max (2015) - IMDb

Max is a movie about a military dog that helps American Marines in Afghanistan and is adopted by his handler's family after suffering a traumatic experience. IMDb provides information on the cast, crew, plot, reviews, trivia, awards, and streaming options for this PG-rated family film.

1720996278381.png

Training the new pup to not sit and bark at me while I'm cooking. He's discovered that good things come from the kitchen, so I'm having to give him a treat for sitting/shaking in another room now. Seldom having accidents now. He's a good boy. Stopped biting my feet when my feet are up in the recliner, that was annoying. So, yep, correcting bad behavior now. He likes husband and I but he sure loves his girl (little granddaughter). Way too hot here for dogs to be continuously outside. Got to 103 today. He goes out for five minute intervals to do his business, and is happy to come back in to AC. He loves to go for rides in the truck backseat, but only if someone is in the truck with him with the AC going, so sometimes he can't go if it's just me. Glad we got him. Rowdy is a character.

I have cattle dogs...brother and sister, Shotgun and Shelly, Jasmine my Anatolian shepherd girl and Shadow my Great Pyrenees boy! I have a farm and this is my working crew! They guard goats, pigs, chickens, ducks and rabbits!

Attachments

• 20240713_093814.jpg
    20240713_093814.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240713_093754.jpg
    20240713_093754.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240713_092224.jpg
    20240713_092224.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 0
I have cattle dogs...brother and sister, Shotgun and Shelly, Jasmine my Anatolian shepherd girl and Shadow my Great Pyrenees boy! I have a farm and this is my working crew! They guard goats, pigs, chickens, ducks and rabbits!
and their Family, You...!!!

My Dane Girl lunch corner

I did made that table for Great Dane myself 2 feet high
many years ago

This is what she does eat daily:
3 meals a day--- Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
Every day she eats 3 little plate of meat -- 3 x cups of dry food --
Fresh water 24/24...LOL
I have to wash + change it 10 times a day + bcuz she drools in it

And her home made dog biscuits I make for her
and some commercial ones too

1721413392720.jpeg

1721413433442.jpeg

Then she goes for a peeeeeeeeeeee
SEE-----I need a NEW LAWNMOWER ...I will get one Tuesday or Wednesday
I cant wait!!!!!!
SAM_1315.JPG

Last edited:
My youngest & I seem to have some sort of agreement, which I don't remember making. I go out & buy dog beds (we have them scattered around the house) & she immediately starts ripping them open & spreading the stuffing all over the house. I wouldn't mind, they aren't expensive but damn when you vacuum & have to empty the thing twice it's starting to be a pain!

As I typed the above Badger (our oldest) came up to the couch & wanted up. I moved & he took my spot, without even a thank you. Some day I want to be like Badger!

My youngest & I seem to have some sort of agreement, which I don't remember making. I go out & buy dog beds (we have them scattered around the house) & she immediately starts ripping them open & spreading the stuffing all over the house. I wouldn't mind, they aren't expensive but damn when you vacuum & have to empty the thing twice it's starting to be a pain!

As I typed the above Badger (our oldest) came up to the couch & wanted up. I moved & he took my spot, without even a thank you. Some day I want to be like Badger!
Wow ! Dane girl she loves her bed !
Even when she was a puppy she never did destroy it

Ok, I'm mad at someone (I know it's Myshia but I don't "know" it's Myshia). All I wanted was a quiet moment to watch something on U-Tube & have a beer. First Badger jumped up, then Myshia jumped up & then Penny wanted up. Ok, I'm now trying to figure out why my headphone are so quiet & Penny & Myshia are fighting. I try to get them to settle down & Myshia is biting me. They see a squirrel outside & zip, they are gone. Back to the headphones, what the heck? I got a new pair & it's the same thing so it's got to be the headphone extender wire. I run my fingers down it (I& it cuts in & out) & low & behold there teeth marks & a cut in it. Off to Walmart or Best Buy tomorrow & I"ll buy a back up one for just in case. Oh & as they jumped down they took my headphone cable that also pulled my beer off my table. The key thing to remember with puppies is that this too will pass (about a year later than you want it too).

Let me state first that I never saw any of this, it just happened. I have a closet with four sliding doors. The middle two are always open and I put the dog bed inside the closet shortly after getting my new puppy. Never saw her sleep on her bed, not to this day. A couple weeks later I saw the bed, that is not easy for me to move, outside the closet. A week later she had arranged the bed so it was square with the wall and the furniture. Some weeks later she pulled the bed to perfectly fit between the wall and my chair and flush against the end table. I don’t know how but she managed to eventually work the dog bed under the end table where it is as far out of her way as possible. That is when I gave up any hope of her ever getting to adjust to the bed.

These two! Hank (now deceased several years) and Livi were "vicious" when they play-fought.
She still misses him and his ear chewing habit.
Sometimes she comes up to me, lays down and touches her ear with her paw and I use my hand to "chew" on her ear like Hank used to.

12698419_10206361935469781_6141170833163095745_o_10206361935469781.jpg

Last edited:
These two! Hank (now deceased several years) and Livi were vicious when they play-fought.
She still misses him and his ear chewing habit.
Sometimes she comes up to me, lays down and touches her ear with her paw and I use my hand to "chew" on her ear like Hank used to.

View attachment 157789
:( I could not endure fighting dogs

To spay and neuter dogs helps a lot!

:( I could not endure fighting dogs

To spay and neuter dogs helps a lot!
Please stop. These dogs were best friends. They were playing. My dogs are all spayed and neutered and know how to live as a pack. I am alpha and there is no fighting.

Latest posts

Back