Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Mahindra tractor. We're thinking about getting a small tractor for the garden, with a rototiller and a backhoe attachment.
When I first started building this place I went with all new equipment and vehicles, except for my 97 F250. They don't make a truck like that any more. My tractor, both Jeeps, atv's, side by side, welder, trailers, livestock handling equipment, most implements, generators, tools etc were all bought new. My plan was for it to outlast me and be handed down to my kids. But the kids aren't interested so some day we'll just have a large auction.
I bought my Mahindra with 300 hrs. It was a lease return used to pull crop wagons in the Central Valley. The dealer added a loader and sold it for 2/3 of new price. I was happy with the deal. A 1526 with a 1626(next year) loader.
It may not like cold starting, but if I was where you are, I’d put a heater in.
The tractor itself is a little beast for what I need.
My gates were almost all 6ft, so I went with that as my standard. Specking a truck out to bail the tractor out, oops my truck may not fit.
We all learn and live with this.
There is some value in someone wanting to buy complete. A tractor included in this property , I would have paid more. As it was, I got it 250k less than they paid after spending 100k for a kitchen.
Would I sell my tractor, equipment, and the possibilities and convenience included for 100k More. Hell yes, it cost me 30k,

East Texas is run over with feral hogs. Leave the biggest and the smallest and take the middle sized ones. Careful not to cross contaminate with the hide or glands. Cook until internal temperature of 175F so the parasites and bacteria are gone. Use a thermometer. A bit gamey and not good as farm raised but they wander up to your house at night. These will be known as biden beef and will keep southern rifle owners in meat forever.

The timing couldn't be better. Its almost like it was planned...

Planned as well as the stoppage of shipping Dairy Cattle Feed, that if not corrected will put an end to the Dairy business…at least the commercial ones. But they did say they weren’t going to allow us to eat dairy products

Last edited:
1650381663827.jpeg

Jay Tree

Jay Tree@NotanNWOSlave
2h·

> An acquaintance farms over 10,000 acres of corn in the midwest. The property is spread out over 3 counties.
>
> His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for the promotion and development of new equipment.
>
> He recently received a phone call from his John Deere representative, and they want the farm to go to electric tractors and combines starting in the near future. He currently has 5 diesel combines that cost $900,000 each that are traded in every 3 years. He also owns over 10 really BIG tractors.
>
> On a subsequent long phone call to clarify the particulars of this news, he asked the following questions:
>
> "How do I charge the batteries in the combines when they are 3 counties away from the shop in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere? Or...How do I get a 50,000+ lb combine that takes up the width of an entire road back to the shop 20 miles away when the batteries go dead?"
>
> "When the corn is ready to harvest, it has to have the proper sugar and moisture content. If it is too wet, it has to be put in giant dryers that burn natural or propane gas, and lots of it. Harvest time is critical because if it degrades in sugar content or quality, it can drop the value of his crop by half a million dollars or more, and it is analyzed at time of sale. How do I run them 24 hours a day for 10 or 12 days straight when the harvest is ready, and the weather is coming in?”
>
> "When these combines or tractors need fuel, a tanker truck delivers it, and the machines can keep going. What power distribution mechanism is available in the field to charge the electric combine batteries……and how much time for a full charge?"
>
> There was dead silence on the other end of the phone.

>
> A subsequent phone call from someone at John Deere more knowledgeable than the representative said, “Just to let you know, we're working on an answer to your questions.” I found it almost unfathomable that these important questions had not been researched and an answer readily available.
>
> The Deere representative did say, “We are being pushed by the radical Dems in the government to force electric machines on the American farmer”
>
> These politicians, like the recent new car sales mandates in the state of Washington, are out of control. They are now messing with the production of food crops that feed people and livestock... all in the name of their "green dream" with no thought about how to realistically achieve their objective.”

Jay Tree

Jay Tree@NotanNWOSlave
2h·

> An acquaintance farms over 10,000 acres of corn in the midwest. The property is spread out over 3 counties.
>
> His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for the promotion and development of new equipment.
>
> He recently received a phone call from his John Deere representative, and they want the farm to go to electric tractors and combines starting in the near future. He currently has 5 diesel combines that cost $900,000 each that are traded in every 3 years. He also owns over 10 really BIG tractors.
>
> On a subsequent long phone call to clarify the particulars of this news, he asked the following questions:
>
> "How do I charge the batteries in the combines when they are 3 counties away from the shop in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere? Or...How do I get a 50,000+ lb combine that takes up the width of an entire road back to the shop 20 miles away when the batteries go dead?"
>
> "When the corn is ready to harvest, it has to have the proper sugar and moisture content. If it is too wet, it has to be put in giant dryers that burn natural or propane gas, and lots of it. Harvest time is critical because if it degrades in sugar content or quality, it can drop the value of his crop by half a million dollars or more, and it is analyzed at time of sale. How do I run them 24 hours a day for 10 or 12 days straight when the harvest is ready, and the weather is coming in?”
>
> "When these combines or tractors need fuel, a tanker truck delivers it, and the machines can keep going. What power distribution mechanism is available in the field to charge the electric combine batteries……and how much time for a full charge?"
>
> There was dead silence on the other end of the phone.

>
> A subsequent phone call from someone at John Deere more knowledgeable than the representative said, “Just to let you know, we're working on an answer to your questions.” I found it almost unfathomable that these important questions had not been researched and an answer readily available.
>
> The Deere representative did say, “We are being pushed by the radical Dems in the government to force electric machines on the American farmer”
>
> These politicians, like the recent new car sales mandates in the state of Washington, are out of control. They are now messing with the production of food crops that feed people and livestock... all in the name of their "green dream" with no thought about how to realistically achieve their objective.”

It's debatable as to what to do with these insane democrats in office. Are there anymore sanitarium? Execution? Prison? They definitely need to be removed from office and appointed positions.

When the US bribed Israel And Egypt to stop fighting, There was an agreement that the bribe would be annual. The population, in Egypt, went up by 50 million. The bribe went to subsidize the price of bread. The wheat came mostly from Ukraine. Wheat will not be available and cheap this year. I predict famine by Fall.

His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for the promotion and development of new equipment.

Getting into business with a conglomerate will eventually destroy you. They didn't need you, they don't need you, they won't need you ever.

I wonder how many John Deere roped into this arrangement.

That was just a salesman trying to sell some "new and improved" equipment, I'm sure. Around where I live, tractor auctions are alive and well for the older tractors, since they can be fixed by the farmer and parts are available. I don't know anybody in our farming community that would buy an electric tractor, that's just funny. Maybe in California. John Deere is going to take a hit on that demo farm.

Most large scale farmers do not buy used equipment. Many lease the equipment with maintenance agreements on the equipment. I know many farmers that farm thousands of acres and they don't own any equipment, just a phone. They call the guy to till, or no till planting, call the guy to fertilize, call the crop duster to spray the herbicides and then call the combines and trucks to harvest. Of course not all large farms operate this way but many do.
Unless they pack around generators on the tractors, I dont see how an electric tractor will work. I bet JD took some "free" government green money to manufacture these useless machines.

Cause I have a farm that in the past produced cotton, soybeans, corn, and milo when it was owned by my mother (it's a treefarm now). It was her main source of income. It was all outsourced - we lived 75 miles away in a city.
My mother never called herself a farmer, nor did I. The "farmer" was the guy that we outsourced it to.

I can see how smaller tractors like mine that were used to pull crop wagons from the field could go electric. 300 hrs from a 1 yr lease isn’t whole lot of use.
I don’t see the big ones that do the plowing or or combines with 16 row heads are going electric. Dragging that plow, disc, whatever is going to eat battery life. Same for the innards of a combine.

My neighbor, the college professor, a nice enough fellow, and probably liberal, bought himself a $4-5k electric riding mower. I’ve watched him bogging it down in pine straw while I’m mowing with my $1200 18hp briggs rider at barely more than a idle. My Briggs will be running 95% of factory power in 5 years. Neighbor going to need a $3k battery pack after 5 years. There is no way the battery tractors are ever going to be an economically viable alternative to fossil fuels without government hand outs.

Cause I have a farm that in the past produced cotton, soybeans, corn, and milo when it was owned by my mother (it's a treefarm now). It was her main source of income. It was all outsourced - we lived 75 miles away in a city.
My mother never called herself a farmer, nor did I. The "farmer" was the guy that we outsourced it to.
I suppose that a person can call themselves whatever they want. Years ago I sold some timberland and bought a farm. I was primarily interested in the timber that was on this farm and the CRP ground. My accountant was interested in the tax benefits. Even though I personally never farmed it myself my tax accountant listed me as a farmer. I'm still listed as a farmer for tax purposes.

We received a "homesteader" check from the state of Kansas for $169 this year. That was not expected. I live in a community that has farmers farming maybe up to 300 acres. No huge farms here. They hire all kinds of help when it's wheat harvest, and work all through the night. I did talk to an employee of a huge farm once, and asked what he did. He said he was a farmer. I asked what he grew, and he said kale. That's it? Kale? He was so big I doubt that he was ever on a tractor. He could of said he worked for a huge corporate farm, but noooo, he said he was a farmer. That cracked me up.

I suppose that a person can call themselves whatever they want. Years ago I sold some timberland and bought a farm. I was primarily interested in the timber that was on this farm and the CRP ground. My accountant was interested in the tax benefits. Even though I personally never farmed it myself my tax accountant listed me as a farmer. I'm still listed as a farmer for tax purposes.
Well, call me a "farmer" and an "oil tycoon" then. LOL

I kidded the accountant about changing me from retired to rancher. He said NO, they would want to see any records of what you did.
Mmmmm hay bills, feed bills, tractor payment. I guess running this place is a losing proposition until I go to sell. I enjoy it.

I kidded the accountant about changing me from retired to rancher. He said NO, they would want to see any records of what you did.
Mmmmm hay bills, feed bills, tractor payment. I guess running this place is a losing proposition until I go to sell. I enjoy it.
Even though I'm "retired" and getting SS I still have an operating ranch, with profits and losses. Mostly losses. The right offs seem to make it worth it.

Andrew Torba ✝️ (PRO)
Andrew Torba @a

7h·

“They are targeting our food supply chains. I’m telling you guys the Parallel Economy is so crucial. We have a food section in Gab Marketplace. Find family owned farms to support and source food from.”

—————————-
I wasn’t aware of this resource on GAB. Could be very valuable in the near future! Everyone take a look and see if you have any local farmers and such that you can reach out to.

1650574990577.jpeg

I have a friend coming into the area for a manager meeting for one of those plants. I heard the plan was to keep the AZ plant open and truck the produce to AZ from Central CA. Be ready for higher salad prices.

Even though I'm "retired" and getting SS I still have an operating ranch, with profits and losses. Mostly losses. The right offs seem to make it worth it.
Wish I could say the same. My wifes side business closed 15 yrs ago and we are still feeding them.
Everyone has heard of Chincoteague ponies right? Apparently Californians didn’t watch the same episodes of Wonderful World of Disney that I did as a kid. Glad I wasn’t involved when she bought them. I just get stuck feeding them.

Poem from a survivor of Holodomor.

HOLODOMOR
by Michael Fediw

“The year and its horror still haunt my nights.
The year thirty three, I was six, saw the fright.
On the land, in our hearts, still some promise we knew.
Gardens thrived on the hills where the orache leaves grew.

Under Lenin they say, czars were shot. Terror reigned.
Smash the patrons, the magnates and bourgeois. Take aim.
With a shrill insane voice Joseph Stalin proclaimed
Cut them down. Starve the kulaks who grow all the grain.

Arise all down-trodden and hungry, you must
Free land we will give you. This is our holy trust
Hand all of your stores to the commune “kolhosp”
Or we’ll drive you – we’ll grind you to Siberian dust.

The first raid came and the sheds were all emptied
Into sacks wheat was emptied for the commune farm.
In the second requisition our hopes lay there emptied.
Then a third, like our urns we lay broken, not a sound.

In our gloom we did eat what we could, dogs and cats
For the glory of their Five Year Plan and the rats
In our village, they hid all the children. Don’t cry.
Mothers prayed for their children. Please children don’t die.

How could this happen in Ukraine? Let us ask it.
As you know our Ukraine was the world’s great bread basket
Who sought truth? Who would tell? Where were you in that hell?
In the silence death raged as the hunger did swell.

All our future, our promise, our flowers had died
In the streets, bring your dead where you too will now lie.
On the land, in our hearts, no more freedom we knew.

On the hilltops lay death where the orache once grew.”

“Northern Ireland faces loss of 1 million sheep and cattle to meet climate targets
1650799074712.jpeg

Northern Ireland will need to lose more than 1 million sheep and cattle to meet its new legally binding climate emissions targets, according to an industry-commissioned analysis seen by the Guardian.

The large-scale reduction in farm animals comes after the passing of the jurisdiction’s first ever climate act, requiring the farming sector to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and reduce methane emissions by almost 50% over the same period.

About a third of human-caused methane emissions come from livestock, mostly from the burps and manure of beef and dairy cattle. Analysis by KPMG, commissioned by industry representatives including the Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU), estimates more than 500,000 cattle and about 700,000 sheep would need to be lost in order for Northern Ireland to meet the new climate targets.

Separate analysis by the UK government’s climate advisers suggests chicken numbers would also need to be cut by 5 million by 2035. Both the pig and poultry sectors in Nothern Ireland have seen rapid growth in the past decade…”

WHO in the hades do these power mongers think they are that THEY can kill what nearly 8 Billion people eat to stay healthy and survive??? This crap is getting beyond crazy!

The freaking weather CHANGES have absolutely nothing to do with co2! We NEED IT! The plants need it. Commercial growers in greenhouses pump up the co2 to 1500 ppm!!!! Why? Because it is healthy and makes the plants grow well!

They talk about the “legally binding” climate emissions like we the people have ZERO say on what we are allowed to raise to eat!!

As soon as "WE" are dead and gone...."THEY" will start growing sheep, cows and pigs again for "themselves". They will have "their" green world and live in "their" uptopia....and the leftover PEASANTS will again butcher for "THEM" to get "their" steaks and the peasants will again only get the innards for "food" or eat the cockroaches and rats from the barn. The Kings of old gave way to "democracy" because of the French Revolution where the King lost his head...
The Kings of today will give way to "autocracy" so they DO NOT LOSE THEIR HEADS.....

THEY are working on making it so we Homesteaders, Ranchers and small Farmers can’t buy food for our animals too.

ICE AGE FARMER

But it’s not just animals — even grains are being called “extreme emitters” of greenhouse gasses. FAO tells Canada to grow less grains! Ridiculous:

Canada: Feds target cereals as major emitter

Ag Canada says cutting such emissions is critical because the federal government wants to reduce fertilizer related emissions 30 percent by 2030.

“Canada’s emission intensity for cereals in 2017 is higher than those reported for the United States, the European Union and (other regions).” The discussion paper includes a table, using data from the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), to emphasize that Canadian cereal crops produce the highest amount of nitrous oxide emissions in the developed world.”

#wheat #AbsoluteZero #Canada

https://www.producer.com/news/feds-target-cereals-as-major-emitter/

Latest posts

Back