Garden 2024!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to do It...
May282024 008.jpg

re Post #873 :

I checked those Orange Tree Seeds this Am and most of them have mold on 'em... I sent the seller 2 pic and asked if that is the way they are supposed to bee...?!?

Just checked Me emails and saw there is a Refund waiting 4me... :waiting: Why can't sellers bee real People...?!?

Attachments

• May282024 002.jpg
    May282024 002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Wife picked a nice batch of blueberries from our two early plants. Onions I planted Wednesday looks like they are off and running. Pear trees are looking good. Maybe a few apples too
Do you have Primier?

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean?
Sorry, I have one Blueberry plant that is about 48" tall & 40" wide called Premier & it is about half though the ripening cycle.
I was wondering if you had the same plant.

Last edited:
The first thing that I did after the tornado , when daylight broke was to access the damage and decided my first thing to address was the garden as its survival to recover from the hail and wind was time sensitive . I straightened up plants and for many using water from my gravity feed cistern system carefully washed the mud off the laid down leaves one at a time . My effort to save the garden food supply was successful .

Went looking for more Ideas on growing Orange Trees and saw this :

There are plenty of videos with New Ways of doing Gardening, Choose Wisely...!!! ☃️

👻 👻

re Post #873

This is what I get when I ask about shipping :
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for contacting us at our plant seeds online shop. We appreciate your interest in our products.

At this time, our customer service team is currently unavailable to assist you personally. However, we have received your message and will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.

We strive to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service to our valued customers, so please rest assured that we will do our best to address your concerns and answer any questions you may have.

^^^ after 3 msg's to them... Got it again this Am and replied with ; "When are They Available?"

Me Gladiolas are getting rather Tall so I went to DollarTree to get some of those Green Stakes and They were all out...!!! Walked across lot to Wally World and their Price Tags were Weather Beaten so I went inside where I remembered some were the last time I was in there...!! Nope and on the way back out I walked down the Bulb Aisle I got a shock, All of those Bulb Plants, Flowers and Edibles were Priced at $1.00 each pkg...!!

Picked up some Asparagus, Strawberries and a bunch of Flowers, mostly dif color Day Lilies a couple of Peonies, Bearded Iris and More... Will post a pic of the Steal L8r...!

I was out looking at my "garden" this morning. I think that I'm going to call it my Squirrel Feeding Station from now on. At least they have left my jalapeno peppers alone. They even killed my little pecan tree I "saved" & planted. Squirrels are nothing more than cute climbing rats with furry tails.

"Squirrels are natural foragers that love raiding your flower pots, garden, backyard, and anywhere else you have plants. Whether you love squirrels or just want to know what plants squirrels can and cannot eat, you’re in the right place.

We’re going to share a huge list of plants that will attract squirrels. As well as the type of plants that repel squirrels. Keep on reading to learn which plants are safe for squirrels to eat as well as which are poisonous.

This ultimate guide is broken down into key sections e.g. shrubs, herbs, trees, and so on. Browse through the article to find out which plants squirrels love and which ones they won’t touch."

Read On Grasshopper as there is Much More Here :

https://squirrelenthusiast.com/what-plants-squirrels-will-and-wont-eat/

1717102952940.png

Thank You Wally World :

even got a small Aloe ;

Attachments

• May302024 010.jpg
    May302024 010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • May302024 011.jpg
    May302024 011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • May302024 012.jpg
    May302024 012.jpg
  • May302024 013.jpg
    May302024 013.jpg
  • May302024 014.jpg
    May302024 014.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • May302024 015.jpg
    May302024 015.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • May302024 016.jpg
    May302024 016.jpg
  • May302024 017.jpg
    May302024 017.jpg
  • May302024 009.jpg
    May302024 009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Lettuce and cabbages are almost gone. Potatoes are gone but a neighbor dropped off a 5g bucket of red potatoes for dad.

20240530_160228a.jpg

Gonna have sweet corn in a few more days, yummy! Okra looks good.

20240530_160250a.jpg

Elderberry is in full bloom but they are small this year, by half. A friend is supposed to harvest them tomorrow or the next day.

20240530_160323a.jpg

Purple hull peas look great. Planted twice what we need. An elderly neighbor loves peas and her husband was too ill to get a garden planted this year. I planted extra for her, saw her in town yesterday and told her it’d be soon. She said she’ll start getting her canning jars ready.

20240530_160357a.jpg

I was out looking at my "garden" this morning. I think that I'm going to call it my Squirrel Feeding Station from now on. At least they have left my jalapeno peppers alone. They even killed my little pecan tree I "saved" & planted. Squirrels are nothing more than cute climbing rats with furry tails.

Got a friend with a Jack Russel or similar? Give it a day job! A dog will keep the squirrels out.

Funny, one winter in Buffalo ny I bought a wrist rocket sling shot, set up a shooting range in my basement for something to do. Couldn't do anything outside for all the snow. As it happened, many of my neighbors had bird feeders and complained about squirrels each summer…

Well, by May of that spring there wasn’t a squirrel left within 200yds of my house! For the price of a slingshot and a pkg of ball bearings. Several neighbors commented... "Don't know what happened to the squirrels but glad they left". 🤣

Attachments

• 2b42ced2-2317-43ad-b13e-c0009a848950.mp4
    6.8 MB
Been real cool last few days here...well..it was 39f here this morning and spotty FROST !....LOL....looks like it missed garden though...welcome to mtns of barsoom !

1717179887752.png

I can not grow these Peonies in Hot, South Carolina.
Well, I could baby them & a few would do okay here, but I will stick with Dahlias instead. they look Great, good for you.

They Thrive in Full Sun, but the sun down around the Carolina's is Hot going North and Coming back South...!!! Got to protect Them from that extra time under the overhead Sun... Up in upstate New York We had some back on the farm and they did well but the Sun didn't make the earth as hot up there as it does down here and Ekatarina is even a little further North... So She can Really Enjoy those Peonies, Wish They Bloomed even longer, just like the Lilacs up there... Got 10 Lilacs growing here and I can see the problem with the long span of the Sun overhead... Gotta put up some type of meshing to protect them between 11AM - 3PM otherwise they might burn a bit and no SPF50 will help...

Latest posts

Back