If shtf tomorrow, what would you miss most?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,ll just do what I always do-Prepare for the worst and expect something better.The mind is a powerfull weapon.

or as we say: "prepare for the worst and hope for the best".

think I would miss music..never learnt to play any instuments other than a triangle and that's not much ;)

Why would You ever owe me an apologie? If You want me to, I accept it
You deserve at least a merit for having gone through all of that.
It was an apology for quoting Lennon, after you posted "Imagine India with no struggle." It was, in a sense, me making light of a horrible situation. I actually provided a service dog for a little girl from India who was born premature, deaf and with many other struggles because her mother was beaten to death for having the audacity to become pregnant after being raped. Our world is a hate-filled, intolerant place.

think I would miss music..never learnt to play any instuments other than a triangle and that's not much ;)
Get an iPod, load it with all of the music you like, and put it in your Farraday cage (or microwave) with all of the other little gadgets that will be missed. I am hoping that SHTF doesn't mean all musical instruments are destroyed. I love making music, piano, guitar and saxophone.

It was an apology for quoting Lennon, after you posted "Imagine India with no struggle." It was, in a sense, me making light of a horrible situation. I actually provided a service dog for a little girl from India who was born premature, deaf and with many other struggles because her mother was beaten to death for having the audacity to become pregnant after being raped. Our world is a hate-filled, intolerant place.
I see her all the time-Sometimes, don't even Know how lucky I am.

had a harmonica once..my two young boys "adopted" it and no chance of getting it back ;) ,will have to get one for me again...learnt only the beginning of "Dixie" while I had it...

Get an iPod, load it with all of the music you like, and put it in your Farraday cage (or microwave) with all of the other little gadgets that will be missed. I am hoping that SHTF doesn't mean all musical instruments are destroyed. I love making music, piano, guitar and saxophone.
Hey, I don't like that! (just fooling.).

had a harmonica once..my two young boys "adopted" it and no chance of getting it back ;) ,will have to get one for me again...learnt only the beginning of "Dixie" while I had it...
You'r not the only one.

they like to play with it..have a feeling they have the musical talent from their mom..luckily not from me ;)

I actually have 2 harmonicas in my preps. While sorting through boxes when I moved here I found them and had the thought that they'd be good to hold onto for just this reason.

Microwave oven would only protect against 2.4ghz, and EMP has the potential to cover the entire spectrum from zero hertz to gamma where as a NEMP goes as high as a ionizing range, the mesh on the oven door only protects at the +/-2.4ghz range ;)

yup,music is important..no doubt about that..makes a bad situation better

they like to play with it..have a feeling they have the musical talent from their mom..luckily not from me ;)
I would
Microwave oven would only protect against 2.4ghz, and EMP has the potential to cover the entire spectrum from zero hertz to gamma where as a NEMP goes as high as a ionizing range, the mesh on the oven door only protects at the +/-2.4ghz range ;)
I did't realize the capabilities of micro-wave.

and not so long ago I got rid of my micro-wave...well, used it to make quick porridge and heat pastries...nothing I can't do the regular way

My understanding is that anything that is not turned on at the time it happens will probably work afterwards anyway. And if it doesn't, we will probably be too busy trying to survive to try to use any of the things we'd have put in it anyway.

My understanding is that anything that is not turned on at the time it happens will probably work afterwards anyway. And if it doesn't, we will probably be too busy trying to survive to try to use any of the things we'd have put in it anyway.

No one really knows the true effects and for the most part it is all hypothetical but what we do know are from; solar EMP carrington effect 1859, NEMP Starfish Prime 1962 and the various solar EMP related blackout and communication issues we have had

if it blows out the transformers and relays on the power grids, there will be no power so its all a bit academic anyway.

You're ahead of me on that one, although I can play a mean mary had a little lamb on the gutair!

It's amazing that most don't realize how lucky they are to live in this country. This place may be far from perfect, but it has more safety and opportunity than most.

I've always been envious of people that can play an instrument. My son has it, he can pick up one he's never touched before and in five minutes he's making music. (He's my stepson, so he didn't get it from me!). I can play the radio better than most though! Camping out in Missouri, sitting around a campfire with a full belly, a couple beers, and someone playing John Denver songs on an acoustic. It dosent get much better.

if it blows out the transformers and relays on the power grids, there will be no power so its all a bit academic anyway.
Just to make sure we all have our batteries and ducks in a row, iPods operate off of batteries, just like cell phones. And, although we are all spoiled by the luxury of receiving our electricity at the end of a very long umbilical cord, there are many more ways to make power so blown transformers don't necessarily mean no power to the prepared.

It's amazing that most don't realize how lucky they are to live in this country. This place may be far from perfect, but it has more safety and opportunity than most.
Because we enjoy so many freedoms in this country, we do also have to be on the watch for those who would steal or deform those freedoms - as has been happening for the last couple of decades. And let's not forget that we are being forced to pay for those freedoms, as well. And when those freedoms are taken from us, an added tax usually goes along with that, too. Is anyone else out there sick of being taxed to pay for Obama and Moochelle's vacations and golf games?

Just to make sure we all have our batteries and ducks in a row, iPods operate off of batteries, just like cell phones. And, although we are all spoiled by the luxury of receiving our electricity at the end of a very long umbilical cord, there are many more ways to make power so blown transformers don't necessarily mean no power to the prepared.

Just recently I purchase a solar setup that charges the wife cell phone, nook and kindle they are not expensive though in a grid down the cell phones (calls/text) will be worthless

Latest posts

Back