Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1702149556669.png

My piano teacher used to tell me that your brain is like a Roladex. As you get older and have added more and more cards to the thing, it becomes more time consuming to find that one card you are looking for.
Mine is more like a desk and bulletin board covered with post-it notes :)

“A very poor woman called a radio station asking for help from God. A non-believer who was also listening to this radio program decided to make fun of the woman. He got the woman's address from the radio station and told his secretary to carry a large amount of foodstuff to the woman. However, he gave the following instruction, "When the woman asks who sent the food, tell her that it's from the devil.''
When the secretary arrived at the woman's house, the woman was happy and grateful for the help received. She started putting the food packets inside her small house. The secretary then asked her, ''Don't you want to know who sent the food?''
The woman replied, ''No, I don't care because when GOD orders, even the DEVIL obeys!

May be an image of 1 person

My girlfriend told me when she gets home she's going to paint her nails red.
She is going to be so happy that I did it for her.
That's how I used to make dummy rounds to test the action of my firearms. Take a spent piece of brass, pop the dead primer out, seat a new bullet - crimped very tightly so it never moves (it's not like the round will actually be fired!) - and then I used bright nail polish to mark the round as a dummy. I didn't want to paint parts that actually glide across parts of the firearm, so usually it was just the bullet (maybe just the front half of it) and the base's back end that goes up against the bolt face that got painted.

I have real dummy rounds for all my pistol calibers, but some of the rarely fired rifle calibers, especially bolt actions, got my home made "nail polish" rounds because it just isn't worth the expense to buy real dummies for as rarely as I needed to verify their actions.

That's how I used to make dummy rounds to test the action of my firearms. Take a spent piece of brass, pop the dead primer out, seat a new bullet - crimped very tightly so it never moves (it's not like the round will actually be fired!) - and then I used bright nail polish to mark the round as a dummy. I didn't want to paint parts that actually glide across parts of the firearm, so usually it was just the bullet (maybe just the front half of it) and the base's back end that goes up against the bolt face that got painted.

I have real dummy rounds for all my pistol calibers, but some of the rarely fired rifle calibers, especially bolt actions, got my home made "nail polish" rounds because it just isn't worth the expense to buy real dummies for as rarely as I needed to verify their actions.
Don't get them mixed up with some of my rounds! :oops: :
20191022_133854-1024x768-2.jpg

Don't get it

Ben
I am sure that I am not the only guy here that always gets socks and underwear for Christmas :rolleyes:.
They know that we will not buy them for ourselves.

Latest posts

Back