Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
53de9f8c0f24be89be45890e7787c963.jpg

For cleaning our ceiling fans, I bought these vacuum tube extenders:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Friction-Diameter-Extension-Attachment/dp/B089KDV18B
We have very high ceilings, with fans up there. The extension tubes allow us to get the bottom or the blades and sides of the fan from the floor below. To get the tops of the blades and the upper part of the fans, we have an upstairs landing that puts us just above the them, but far out to the side. Vacuum tube extensions to the rescue again. It's a two person ordeal. One with the vacuum cleaner, and the other spotting the blades (with a bright and focused flashlight usually) - calling where the shots hit so the artilleryman below can correct placement. The spotter is also armed with a fruit picker on a long pole so they can grab the fan blades and keep them from turning when the assault begins.

I have contemplated in the past, using some slightly wet hand towels that we could drape on top of the blades with the edges hanging over - using long poles to lift them up there. Then simply turn on the fan. The centrifugal force would sling the towels off the blades (possibly, in theory), wiping them clean as they get flung outwards. You just pick up the towels off the floor below afterwards (or off of your head, as the case may be). A variable speed fan would allow you to fine tune the cleaning cycle. I have not tried this idea yet, but there is a potential engineering solution to every problem. Some better than others.

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price.
What is his profit ?

Teaching Math In 2023:

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes?
(There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok).
there are more trees in North America now than in the 1700/1800.
Because logger replant more than they cut to stay n business.
It is called Capitalisms & it works!

there are more trees in North America now than in the 1700/1800.
Because logger replant more than they cut to stay n business.
It is called Capitalisms & it works!
I've known quite a few loggers over the years and none of them replant trees. They don't have to. The regrowth is all natural. Even after a clear cut, just look at the regrowth only a couple of years later. It produces more oxygen then older forests b/c it's trying to gain growth in order not to get choked out by the other plants taking in the sun. It's survival of the fittest. Even after a fire, you'll see all natural regrowth. Natures takes care of itself in that regard. The only exception to that would be plantation pine. If you want those telephone poles in nice even and equal spaces, then you'll have to plant that yourself. Natures not that neat and tidy.

Back to the humor. Dang, I wish I had this book back when I needed it.
1692145650090.png

I've known quite a few loggers over the years and none of them replant trees. They don't have to. The regrowth is all natural. Even after a clear cut, just look at the regrowth only a couple of years later. It produces more oxygen then older forests b/c it's trying to gain growth in order not to get choked out by the other plants taking in the sun. It's survival of the fittest. Even after a fire, you'll see all natural regrowth. Natures takes care of itself in that regard. The only exception to that would be plantation pine. If you want those telephone poles in nice even and equal spaces, then you'll have to plant that yourself. Natures not that neat and tidy.

Back to the humor. Dang, I wish I had this book back when I needed it.
View attachment 114093
Southern pines will not regrow Thank God.
But Stone container will give you all the pines you need to replant a forest for free, if you will let them bid on your harvest in 16 years.
Stone is a big cardboard company.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back