Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Cascadian was having a really bad day. That can definitely affect the mood and how one reacts to people. Hope your back is feeling better now. I'm so glad my mother was with me when we were dealing with an extremely rude associate one day when I had kidney stones. I asked her if she could manage while I went and sat in the truck with heated seats on. We were never rude to the associate, never raised our voices, were never unreasonable. She just came at us with a bad attitude and was snippy-- probably having a bad day. But we know she knew how to behave properly because her tone changed completely when her supervisor came over. She was being rude to all the customers up until then. The store had misplaced something we ordered and had come to pick up so we went home empty handed. I called their CS to get some help on either finding it or getting a new one and mentioned the particular associate by name and described her behavior. I got 20% discount and the next time an employee called I asked her to please check to verify it was actually there and she did. Assured me she had her hand on it as we spoke and to come get it. She was much nicer.

Got sick last week and still don't have my appetite back. Haven't been throwing up or anything, but nauseous and lack of appetite. I alternated between chills and sweating. It was in the 60s tempwise and I was sweating. 72-hr antiperspirant failed in less than 5min. Within 2 minutes of getting dressed to take Mom to an appointment I was sweating. Almost asked my brother to drive her bc I felt so bad. My clothes were almost soaked by the time we left the doctor's office. The NP said Mom is showing signs of kidney damage. It can still be reversed but she's concerned something she's taking is causing it. I hope it's not the type of insulin. I mentioned that the urologist said she went into kidney failure when she had ketoacidosis but her kidneys had been OK after that. All the doctor was saying was that her kidneys are a little dry and she needs to drink more water. She's supposed to get set up with an appointment for the urologist in town instead of the one all the way in Eunice at least.

Meanwhile, we got a letter that we thought was addressed to my brother that must have been meant for my late father (same name). It was some development company wanting to buy our property. I heard the price and thought they wanted to buy the back 12+acres, but no, they wanted all 31+. The price they offered was less than the front 18 acres cost to buy back in the 80s. But now I'm worried they might try some sort of shenanigans to run us off or try to steal our land. Maybe I read too many reddit stories of landgrab attempts... From satellite view it looks like our fence may have been cut and trespassers may have been coming in. When my brother told me what the letter said my response was "They can go to hell!" and my brother told me it wasn't my decision. I told him that I knew what Mom would say. So when we told her she said "They can go to hell!" LOL.

Never, and I mean never, buy a military surplus gun from a communist country then. There is more thick nasty lube in of those than in the men's room of a dark alley bar in San Francisco.
How did you come to know about men’s rooms in sick Francisco?
I never been to sick Francisco, but I would not tell you if I had been there.

Back