The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I asked my contact if she could place me in one of those firm leased units and she agreed, but made it clear I would be earning my rent instead of paying it. That sounded sexual but I really don't think she plays on the same team I do. I accepted her terms and she told me she would find a couple places that would work for me to choose from, making sure I understood that her options were limited and I would not being receiving mail, packages, or hosting dinner parties wherever I landed. Her finals words of caution were “Don’t get chummy with the neighbors and don’t disable the cameras”. From this point on, it would seem that my hunt for a place to live is now in someone else’s hands. It didn’t take her long to provide me some screen captures and addresses. She may be terse and even unpleasant at times, but my contact is nothing short of proficient. I still wonder how much she gets paid. I will drive by a couple of these places when I am in the city tomorrow for date night.

I'm not sure i would like her terms of occupation. Seems like way too much control from a business you work for. But that's just me
At least it's short term!

I might start calling that woman "mother", because she is always telling me what to do. She is just a very monotone all-business person with very little in the way of personality. At least not one she shares with me. With each new month I am instantly in rental-debt until I have worked for them enough to be even, then I start getting paid. In reality it would only take maybe 2 days of work before I am making money again. Not that much different than paying rent and then earning money to recover. Plus no setting up internet or utilities or anything else, no leases and no paper trail.

She sent over 3 places to consider. The first one is an upscale studio apartment in fancy building, along the lines of where the lady lives. The second is an ADU. One of two separate ADU's that were both at one time single stall garages behind a duplex. The third is a small basement condo. All three of them have controlled access, off street parking and all the amenities expected. I will post a pic or two once I decided. I am leaning toward the ADU is it is a stand alone place where I park 3-5' away from the door.

Could bee Worse... an Amazonite could bee Back in Your Path...?!?

Are there no metal stands in front of stores and shopping buildings with those small Apartment, Automotive and Home/Property Listings...?!?

just one word of caution....dont mix finances with dentist as far as buying a home..its to soon and things can go sideways real fast....yall been speeding along fast enough...

if you want to help afterwards paying a portion is one thing..but dont put your name on loans and such...

i know of a case where a family farm of over 1500 acres was lost because of a note signed....and many more things too i wont go into...

just one word of caution....dont mix finances with dentist as far as buying a home..its to soon and things can go sideways real fast....yall been speeding along fast enough...

if you want to help afterwards paying a portion is one thing..but dont put your name on loans and such...

i know of a case where a family farm of over 1500 acres was lost because of a note signed....and many more things too i wont go into...

Thanks. I don't think there will be any loans or such. The discussion we have had up to this point is she buys something local, I buy something more remote or just some land. Then in time we would have the best of both worlds.

Thanks. I don't think there will be any loans or such. The discussion we have had up to this point is she buys something local, I buy something more remote or just some land. Then in time we would have the best of both worlds.
that sounds like a great idea for both involved...protects both of you!

that sounds like a great idea for both involved...protects both of you!
I agree 100%.

I am man enough to have a sugar mama house me. I already do her dishes and cook for her, as long as tells me I'm pretty and takes me out from time to time I will keep putting out.

I google mapped it and I am going with the place closest to where the lady lives, the basement condo. At the top of those stairs is an exterior door on the backside of the building that leads directly outside to a sidewalk that runs through a 10' pea rock "patio", then a 10' wide strip of grass and ends at the parking lot. The door is maybe 20' from the 2 parking spaces assigned to this unit. There is a 6'x10' fence separating each patio. Above each basement condo is another 2 story condo, but they enter from the other side of the building and they also have a garage. I will pick up the keys sometime this week.

I am just happy that I am done looking.

a3-1.png

a3-2.png

a3-3.png

a3-4.png

a3-5.png

Just think of the gas money you'll save!!

No doubt. I have been buying so much gas George Bush & Dick Cheyne tried to invade my car and the king of Saudi Arabia sent me a Christmas card.

This will however screw up my audio book time and free up about 12+ hours a week. Which is good because I will need to work more to pay for it.

The lady wants to skip date night and help me start moving in tomorrow. Unfortunately there is too much to do first and I have already purchased tickets and a pre-show meal for tomorrow, so not gonna happen. I do however understand her excitement. Since I don't need to bring any furniture with me, I am just going to abandon it all in the compound. I don't think the futon would bring any money and who wants a used mattress? I am going to get settled in the storage unit, gun safes and all, then pack the Chevy like I am bugging out. Then I will load up the Challenger and the Lady's Audi and head to the apartment on the 27th or 28th. The weird part is that I will have to change my address to her place, so she can collect my mail. Cheaper and easier than getting a post office box.

Well, I'd find it rather claustrophobic, but it is well equipped.

Is this the one referred through your employer?

Best of luck with it all!

Yep, employer owned or leased and discounted to $1,600 a month, which is really cheap for the area. And it is definitely small but I don't see myself doing much more than sleeping there since it's just temporary housing. I have lived in much smaller and dirtier conditions packed with other men, this is plush in comparison.

Last edited:
New to reading this book...what is the firm?

Not a book, more like a journal of sorts. Someone joked about chapters so I started using the date as a chapter reference.

The firm is a law office that provides both normal legal work and secondarily provides specialty services in their own interests and for other law firms in the arena of problem solving and risk mitigation/elimination.

I am not going to let myself read into this or have it freak me out, but I hopped on social media and happened to see that the lady posted a status update Thursday morning. She rarely posts anything so I missed it until today. There was no text other than what was in the image. It has a LOT of likes and reactions. 😶

status.jpg

I am not going to let myself read into this or have it freak me out, but I hopped on social media and happened to see that the lady posted a status update Thursday morning. She rarely posts anything so I missed it until today. There was no text other than what was in the image. It has a LOT of likes and reactions. 😶

So this is NOT a " serious relationship"?🤔 (🤣)

Like I said all along, the nuptials are not far off. Whether you are legally married or not. I would just go ahead and get married. There are some legal benefits health insurance, estate planning, income taxes, and something about being married makes it harder to leave after a blowup. That is a good thing to have to stop and think instead of just reacting. Still want to be a groomsman at the wedding. The hook is getting set deeper by the day, she just has to reel you in now. I think this a great thing for you. Never know when some medical condition or accident will occur and you need help.

Like I said all along, the nuptials are not far off. Whether you are legally married or not. I would just go ahead and get married. There are some legal benefits health insurance, estate planning, income taxes, and something about being married makes it harder to leave after a blowup. That is a good thing to have to stop and think instead of just reacting. Still want to be a groomsman at the wedding. The hook is getting set deeper by the day, she just has to reel you in now. I think this a great thing for you. Never know when some medical condition or accident will occur and you need help.
Whoa!! What's the rush??

Back