The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chapter 915: Part 1

The second I heard the advert on the radio: “Join us at the performing arts complex for a whimsical fun filled night where a trio of masterful skilled musicians recreate timeless pop classics with a jazzy twist!” I knew what we were doing on Saturday date night. I hopped online and bought tickets, paying more than I wanted to but also getting really good seats with a great view of the stage. I just had to figure out where to eat before hand and make reservations. A little more research and I found the perfect place only 5 blocks away from the complex with a pre-show menu designed to give you a fine dining experience in the perfect amount of time to put you in you in your seat before the first note was played or the first line spoken. This was aided in part by the promise of a line of taxis and Lyft drivers waiting outside to rush anyone willing to pay to the venue. I locked in two spots at the bistro and paid their fairly reasonable fee for both meals and a single glass of wine each, with the associated upcharges of course. Very excited by the big reveal of our date night plans, the lady suggested I let her drive as she already had a parking pass for the exclusive parking garage next to the venue. Perfect. Also made me realize how close I may be to ending up at an opera or ballet if she has a standing pass to park at the performing arts complex, but let’s keep this positive.

Dressed properly for the event we arrived at the little bistro about 15 minutes earlier than we needed to and were seated at a table close to the door with a nice view out the front window. The waitress delivered our waters and described the options available for the 2nd course of our 3 course meal as another server poured our glasses of wine. The lady told me all about the Trio that would entertain us that night; she had apparently looked them up and watched a few online performances. We also talked about the new apartment courtesy of the firm and my free labor and how amazing it would be when I moved that close to her. She is pretty anxious and wanted my relocation plan laid out for analysis and critique, which I was happy to do. Our food began to arrive and our focus changed to eating the tasty morsels the bistro produced for us. Once the meal was complete and a nice tip provided for the quality service, we drove to the parking garage and made our way to the venue.

The seats were indeed good and the lady seemed pleased, but something told me as we moved through the complex that she may have been used to sitting in a more exclusive area closer to the performers. The jazz Trio did not disappoint covering multiple songs from the Beatle’s catalogue. The lady enjoyed it thoroughly and I enjoyed making her happy, not that I didn’t like the show too. During the intermission the lady ran into to a few people she knew and introduced me, but they seemed to merely be peers from the dental community, her apartment or possible her daughters college. They were obviously not close friends. One advantage of living in a metropolitan area is the world isn’t always as small as it may seem and this show will repeat itself several times in the coming days and weeks. We returned to our seats and waited for the performance to resume. I clutched the small black box in my pocket waiting for the song “Something” by the Beatles to be played. A song I knew the lady loved and one that felt so appropriate to the situation we both found ourselves in. Inside the box was a round 10K white gold pendant covered in brilliant natural white and black sapphires in the shape of a yin and yang as well as a white gold chain. The symbol was meant to represent how well we complimented and completed each other, how we were well on our way to becoming two parts of one whole. A symbol that one or the other had referenced more than once in our time together. Like a game of guess that song, it only took a few notes for me to realize that the ensemble had begun to play the song I was repeatedly assured would be on the playlist.

I could see the stage lights reflecting off her eyes as she recognized the song herself and her pupils dilated. She turned to look at me, to have me share in the joy she felt at one of her favorite pieces of music being played but instead she saw the little black box open and the pendant on display. There was no point in talking as neither of us would have heard the other, but her expression said everything and more. It started with a huge bright happy grin before turning into a quivering down turned lip and the formation of small tears glinting in the flashing lights. I managed to remove the necklace from its case and helped her place it around her neck, latching it in the back. She kissed me and mouthed “thank you” as she placed her hand on the pendant and held it in place. The lady reached down and took my hand, holding it tightly throughout the remainder of the performance. We stood and applauded wildly at its conclusion then returned to our seats as people rushed for the doors.

As the crowd began to thin the lady collected her program and clutch and we made our way to her Audi. We sat inside visiting as vehicles all around us slowly cleared out. She thanked me for the beautiful necklace and made it clear that the symbolism was not lost on her, not one bit. She called it “beautiful” and “precious” and made it sound like it had instantly become her favorite piece of jewelry. As the cars continued to wait in line to leave we talked about my assignment for the law firm and how I would always let her know when I was working so she did not wonder why I was not responding to her texts or answering her calls. We also set up a safe word and a panic word that she could text me in the event something happened when I was otherwise not available. She asked if I would talk to her and her daughter about personal safety and situational awareness, adding that they were both probably due for a “refresher” in both. We also talked about how much fun she had when we went shooting and that she never imagined that she would enjoy it so much. I admitted to having already purchased a gun just for her, presuming it fit her hand well and she could properly reach the controls. She liked the sound of that but wanted more trigger time and training before considering a handgun as a personal protection option, good thing for her I am very well versed in that area. The traffic eventually dissipated and we were able to exit and proceed to her place. During the ride she talked about how far we had come in such a short period of time, convinced that “everything happens when it’s supposed to happen” and assuring me that our relationship was going to succeed because she was certain neither of us would accept anything but success, “no matter what”.

A short time later she stood in her en suite and stared at the pendant in the mirror for some time before taking it off and slowly returning it to its box. She put her dress away and walked over to me wearing very little in the way of coverings. As I sat on the edge of the bed undressed she stood in front of me, holding my face and gently kissing me on the lips over and over again. She pulled away just long enough to say “you complete me too” before pushing me back onto the bed, removing her remaining garments and climbing on top of me.

Part 2:

I awoke to a pair of ladies dressed in stretch pants and hoodies, giggling and telling me it was time to get up. My usually reliable circadian rhythm had failed me and the time was 45 minutes past my normal natural wake up, but it was still early in the morning. The excited duo hurried me out of the bed and after a stop at the restroom handed me a t-shirt from my bag and demanded I put on my shoes. Still foggy from being pulled out of REM I complied but slowly and without even questioning what was happening. They pulled me out the door, into and down the hallway. The lady had me in tow while her daughter carried a heavy tote bag. When I finally thought to ask where we were going, the only responses I received were “you’ll find out when we get there” and “hurry up”. There were also a few retaliatory snarky comments about how they couldn’t believe how long I slept in.

We arrived at a rooftop patio, a different one than we normal go to, and rearranged a large padded wicker sofa so it was facing East and placed a lightweight coffee table in front of it. They had me sit in the middle, the lady to my right and the little lady to my left. I said “So, now what?” as the dark cool morning did little to relieve my grogginess. “Now we watch the sunrise” was the response I was given as the lady checked her phone for the time. Within moments the sky suddenly began to turn orange and dark blue as the ambient light on the patio grew brighter. I put one arm around each lady as I sat back on the sofa and each of them leaned into me, the lady placing her hand on my thigh. We took in the rising sun as the ladies joked more about me sleeping in so late and embracing lazy Sunday. When the day was sufficiently bright the daughter jumped up and opened the tote bag.

Inside was a smaller thermal bag containing a trio of large foil wrapped breakfast burritos. Handmade tortillas stuffed with scrambled eggs, asadero cheese, duck fat fried potatoes, pork green chili, back and spicy pork belly. A large container of fresh berries, crepes, honey flavored Noosa and amber syrup was also set out before the daughter began pouring apple juice into semi-opaque plastic cups. The ladies were excited to feed me breakfast for a change and I made sure to almost exaggerate my surprise, praise and appreciation. As we consumed the food we talked and continued to watch the day get brighter. The daughter told me she didn’t understand why I didn’t just move in with them as “it’s only going to be 6 months”. The lady made it clear that living in close proximity was not going to reduce or eliminate sleepovers, which almost seemed to emphasize the daughter’s point. I told them both in jest to stop trying to control me and that a man needed his own space, even if that space was a tiny basement condo with almost no natural sun light. The lady told me she was sad we would miss a date night this week as she attended a conference in another city, but it was good for her and her businesses to attend. I claimed she was only going to get out of helping me pack or move and she laughing said that was just a side benefit. The daughter offered to help instead and I told her I may just take her up on it.

Once the meal was complete, the trash thrown out and the remaining foods returned to the bag the now sleepy looking ladies and I made our way back to the apartment. I put the food and juice into the refrigerator as I cleaned up the kitchen and gathered up some additional garbage. Both of my sunrise breakfast hostesses had disappeared deeper into the residence so I walked to the bedroom to see what they were up to. I found the lady in her bed, wrapped up in a pile of soft plush blankets with an ear-bud sticking out of her one visible ear, fast asleep. I didn’t bother to check on the daughter as I knew I would simply find an identical situation in her room. The humor of the situation was not lost on me, but I would have to wait a few hours before I could joke about it with them.

I made a cup of coffee, collected my laptop, and settled in to a big oversized chair to waste those hours on the internet looking up a wide variety of breakfast recipes. I have a feeling I will be cooking a lot of morning meals in the coming days, weeks and months.

sun.jpeg

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how
Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me
You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around, now it may show
I don't know, I don't know
Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me

Lyrics by George Harrison

And you are helping 😃😉

I don't know about that. I am just naturally charming and debonair.

Another brief topic of discussion last night was the lady suggesting that I should meet her father and maybe... she should be introduced to pops. Neither sounded like a good idea to me but I have a feeling both are going to happen regardless. We both have a tumultuous relationship with our respective paternal seed donors.

So does the lady, when she's awake. And now I feel very much like they her and her daughter are teaming up on me to move things forward.
ahhh.....no....they both just had a crappy thing happen to them...they both have been all soured....now they are trying to have fun and be happy having a man around..one as a partner..the other as someone they might want to lean on a bit and some male guidence....both might find it relaxing not have their guards up 24/7 too.

She's awake! So is her daughter. And it's only 11:16am. The lady came in plopped down on the sofa and told me she hopes I loved breakfast because it's only going to happen maybe once or twice a year. Since she was already being funny I decided to ask her about her social media post. She told me people keep asking her when she's going to get married again and she posted it to make it clear she won't be, but she is permanently off the market because "either we are together forever" or she "kills us both in a fiery car wreck" before laughing. Now I am too afraid to ride in her car with her. I did ask if she really thought we were going to be together forever and she shot back "of course we are, why would we be?" then added "I mean, chances are you won't live as long me, but we will be together until then anyway". So clearly I am going to die at the hands of this lady, sooner or later. I also learned a lesson about asking questions.

What-ever happens Marsh, I Wish You and Them the Very Best in Yours Future...!!! 🌤️

She's awake! So is her daughter. And it's only 11:16am. The lady came in plopped down on the sofa and told me she hopes I loved breakfast because it's only going to happen maybe once or twice a year. Since she was already being funny I decided to ask her about her social media post. She told me people keep asking her when she's going to get married again and she posted it to make it clear she won't be, but she is permanently off the market because "either we are together forever" or she "kills us both in a fiery car wreck" before laughing. Now I am too afraid to ride in her car with her. I did ask if she really thought we were going to be together forever and she shot back "of course we are, why would we be?" then added "I mean, chances are you won't live as long me, but we will be together until then anyway". So clearly I am going to die at the hands of this lady, sooner or later. I also learned a lesson about asking questions.
i tried to tell ya....they could make Guantanamo bay look like holiday inn with the tools and such at their disposal.

Tuck and roll, tuck and roll!!!!

I have now cleaned the kitchen twice today, emptied the dishwasher that I loaded and ran earlier, went grocery shopping, put pork chops in brine, got up to fill the lady's water, helped the girl with her studies and turned on the fan for the lady who is hot but is also covered in no less than 3 blankets she doesn't want to take off. I am starting to wonder if I am Mike Brady, Carol Brady or Alice.

Also the lady keeps showing me houses for sale that interest her. Unsurprisingly her taste in housing exceeds mine, I am just waiting for her to come up with a valid reason why we would need 5+ bedrooms and 4+ bathrooms. I don't even want to know what the taxes are on houses that big.

I have now cleaned the kitchen twice today, emptied the dishwasher that I loaded and ran earlier, went grocery shopping, put pork chops in brine, got up to fill the lady's water, helped the girl with her studies and turned on the fan for the lady who is hot but is also covered in no less than 3 blankets she doesn't want to take off. I am starting to wonder if I am Mike Brady, Carol Brady or Alice.

Also the lady keeps showing me houses for sale that interest her. Unsurprisingly her taste in housing exceeds mine, I am just waiting for her to come up with a valid reason why we would need 5+ bedrooms and 4+ bathrooms. I don't even want to know what the taxes are on houses that big.
Alice will have a big cleaning job!!😉

Alice will have a big cleaning job!!😉
I think you may be all three!

She said she intended to hire a cleaning service, but I am sure I will still be busy. She also made a crack about how if she knew that men who grew up without mom's were used to shopping, cooking and cleaning for themselves she would have targeted that demographic years ago.

To be fair I am borderline OCD about cleaning up every little mess I see when I see it, where she is fine with letting the whole area turn to **** then spending an hour+ sanitizing the entire room.

She said she intended to hire a cleaning service, but I am sure I will still be busy. She also made a crack about how if she knew that men who grew up without mom's were used to shopping, cooking and cleaning for themselves she would have targeted that demographic years ago.

To be fair I am borderline OCD about cleaning up every little mess I see when I see it, where she is fine with letting the whole area turn to **** then spending an hour+ sanitizing the entire room.
Since you'll be changing jobs and being a cleaning service, please feel free to ask me for advice! Think this through.......you work as a live in maid (ok, servant), free room and board, some pay, doing all things you are doing now!!🤔 This brings new potential to the situation!!

Since you'll be changing jobs and being a cleaning service, please feel free to ask me for advice! Think this through.......you work as a live in maid (ok, servant), free room and board, some pay, doing all things you are doing now!!🤔 This brings new potential to the situation!!

What I think you're saying, between the lines, is I am being human trafficked!

Or maybe not. I'm still tired.

Thanks. I don't think there will be any loans or such. The discussion we have had up to this point is she buys something local, I buy something more remote or just some land. Then in time we would have the best of both worlds.
I just think this is wise.
I have thought that owning a remote property of land that can be developed over time as a BOL, would be wise for anyone who especially is kind of in a situation where life is a bit in limbo.

Like I said all along, the nuptials are not far off. Whether you are legally married or not. I would just go ahead and get married. There are some legal benefits health insurance, estate planning, income taxes, and something about being married makes it harder to leave after a blowup. That is a good thing to have to stop and think instead of just reacting. Still want to be a groomsman at the wedding. The hook is getting set deeper by the day, she just has to reel you in now. I think this a great thing for you. Never know when some medical condition or accident will occur and you need help.

We live in a civil union state, so if it ever comes to that we can skip the marriage and keep nearly all the protections. The state is also common law so many protections just kick in automatically if you're a couple who lives together.

I just think this is wise.
I have thought that owning a remote property of land that can be developed over time as a BOL, would be wise for anyone who especially is kind of in a situation where life is a bit in limbo.

We had a short but productive discussion today and she shared her budget with me. She intends to spend less than I expected and whether or not a loan is involved will depend on the the election and what the market looks like next year. If she makes more off investments than she spends in interest, she will take out a loan, if she doesn't she will buy outright. She feels we should focus on a house first then start looking at a remote place the following year. She is adamant that I have a "man space" in the house for my guns, preps and even just to hang out in a female free zone. In return she wants me to recognize that Feminine-Fridays will continue, her name for going to the spa nearly every Friday for a variety of lavish services. She also wants a minimum of 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This is going to be interesting.

I would say the remote place first. Something just doesn't seem right in America today. I would rather have a place in a rural area and continue to rent in the city. We are fixing move to Northern Arkansas or Southwest Missouri and I am staying out of any town over 25,000. Should have done it years ago. Getting old, not in a great financial shape but God will show us a way.

Back