This weeks preps check-in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goal wasn't to instruct you and it's still not.My goal was to prevent you for your own safety and to let a qualified person do the job correctly.Again,i'm done with this.

Sharkbait, I have been down this same road with W Ashley many times about firearms. He admits to have no knowledge and does not own any but comes here and talks big. I understand your intentions are well meant but he is not worth responding to.
FWIW, what you post is informative and interesting. Thanks for posting solid information.

This was a productive week prepping. Got all the tomatoes canned from our garden. Also scored several 22lr ammo buys and hit my goals in this area. Used our thrift sales earnings to get another 50 lbs each of rice and beans and sugar. Picked up a few other items for the food shelves as well. It feels good to replace items we needed to use over the past few months. I have not been working due to an injury and prepping has carried us through loss of income. I find out this week if I get medically cleared to return to work.

Sharkbait, I have been down this same road with W Ashley many times about firearms. He admits to have no knowledge and does not own any but comes here and talks big. I understand your intentions are well meant but he is not worth responding to.
FWIW, what you post is informative and interesting. Thanks for posting solid information.

Thank you for the kind words Trapper,but I will accept half of the blame and apologize to you and the forum for my part in mucking up this thread by letting myself fall for the argument with this troll.And yes,I have seen his postings and arguments on firearm threads,especially with you,lol.A troll only has one job to do,but I won't help him be successful at his job by responding to him again.Again,my apologies.

And now back to "this week in preps"-Congrats Trapper on finally finding .22lr,IIRC,it was you,a while back ago,that I was talking to about about finding it here and there and that alot of it seemed to have to do with timing and area,and it must be true as I haven't been able to find any in my area for quite a few weeks now,makes me glad I grabbed up what I did and am glad to hear you was able to grab some up as well.

Also congrats on your maters going strong,I switched to alot of non hybrid non gmo seeds this year and although the garden did ok,most everything came on at once early on and then withered away.So even though it did good,my overall yields were way down this year and my maters have been done for close to a month or so now.And lastly Trapper,did you catch my post on my new toy right before the argument started?I'm still stoked about it.lol!

Last edited:
Shark, you have nothing to apologize for to me or anyone on here.

As far as 22lr ammo I knew other people were stumbling onto ammo in my local area. I have been missing it for months and barely getting any. I knew if I was going to be successful I had to develop a strategy to get it. I starting with one store, a small national chain store, and I figured out they only get a delivery truck on a certain day of the week and its always the same day. I began to go into the store the next day when things were being put on the shelves. The ammo usually was put out between 11am and noon. By 2pm the 22lr was gone. I show up on the right day and time and I can get 200 rounds and then have my wife or son do the same. I also made a score at Walmart that was pretty big for bulk 550 boxes which I still cant believe even came in. That is what finished off what I was looking for.

I put in heirloom tomatoes seeds and started them in the house. They died within days of going outside. I bought plants to replace them and had no problems.
I did plant heirloom pumpkins and squash. The pumpkins ran smaller in size than usual from GMO seeds. We don't carve anymore as the kids are grown. We want to can the meat from the pumpkin anyway so that is not an issue. The squad did run a little smaller also. I am not sure if this is because they are heirloom or due to the lack of rain. I watered the garden but believe the plants grow the best with natural rain water. I also covered the garden in sheet plastic and cut holes for the plants. It was great for weeds as there are none in the garden and I did not have to rototill all summer. That however kept the plants from getting as much was as well. I may run pvc piping under the plastic next year and set up an irrigation system.

Congrats on the new AK! I got a new AR15 a few months ago myself. I enjoy it a lot. Wish you were closer so we could hit the range. It would be fun!!

Last edited:
williamashley i beleave that don't try to figure me out.i'm a special kind of twisted honestly applys to you.on acount the other people here tell you and the rest of us things that are true..and all they are trying to do is help you out in some way or another..especilly when it comes to keeping (you) from accidently enjuring or killing your self by mistake and/or by accident..then you attack them in offensive manner,as if you know every thing and they dont..well there are things that you dont know.and you are wrong about a lot of things.trapper sharkbait and others have posted replys on things you have posted your self.in which you are wrong..it so happens i have a brother who has been working at the same ac/heating company for sevral years.in which i have learned a little bit from him.and because of this..i agree with sharkbait about the trane.no i dont know enough about one where i can in and rebuild or repair one..but i do know enough that you ARE WRONG..how ever on earth you havent gotton your self removed and/or banned from here yet.i dont know..

well william..you keep mentioning credentials..i sure would like see yours..you even said in one post at your a doctor of some kind.and that your some thing else as well..well i dont beleave that for one second.so unless you can prove what you say to be truth.then i wont take it as truth...

More useless threats that you can not back up. Perhaps its time you get banned for your threatening tone.
Anyone can have a website and claim to be anything they want. It still does prove anything. However here you have proven yourself as the Village Idiot, with honors.

More useless threats that you can not back up. Perhaps its time you get banned for your threatening tone.
Anyone can have a website and claim to be anything they want. It still does prove anything. However here you have proven yourself as the Village Idiot, with honors.
Trapper stop communicating with me. I have advised you I will pursue recourse for harassment. That is all I have to say. I'm not here to prove anything. I'm not trying to tell people what to do. Unlike you and some others who seem to be trying to manipulate and control, whereby you resort to personal attacks when the information is missing.

Can we kindly put this thread to its purpose. I've already backed it up for my records. It is about prepping why do you keep this going, just stop, it is totally off topic.

I'm not near a courthouse at the moment but I will be returning to the nearst courthouse in mid october, and I will be pursuing charges as well as civil violations and to get a restraining order against you, I will once again request you stop holding communications with me. there is no need to reply just stop directing communications to me Trapper.

You are advised this is a serious matter
"Canadian law makes criminal harassment an offence punishable by summary conviction
or by indictment. This offence currently carries a maximum penalty of ten years in
prison. Section 264. (1) of the Criminal Code specifies:
264. (1) Criminal harassment - No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing
that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other is harassed,
engage in conduct referred to in subsection (2) that causes that other person
reasonable, in all circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to
them.
(2) Prohibited conduct - The conduct mentioned in subsection (1) consists of
repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;
(a) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;
(b) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;"

Last edited:
Trapper stop communicating with me. I have advised you I will pursue recourse for harassment.

I'm not near a courthouse at the moment but I will be returning to the nearst courthouse in mid october, and I will be pursuing charges as well as civil violations and to get a restraining order against you, I will once again request you stop holding communications with me. there is no need to reply just stop directing communications to me Trapper.

First of all I can respond to any post on here, if you like it or not. That is the joy of being on a public forum. Secondly, the courts in Canada have NO LEGAL JURISDICTION over any citizen in the USA. I have not committed any felonies or any crime for that matter so the courts will not do anything. As far as filing a civil suit, go ahead...for what? It is baseless! Again I have not done anything wrong, in the US or Canada. I have not even harassed you. I have disagreed with you, that does not make it harassment. You do have the right to leave this forum at any point you like and go elsewhere on the internet. I know you will NOT be missed by anyone here.

Trapper, stop deluding yourself. I can both sue you in Canada, as well, you have committed a felony, criminal harassment, indictable is a felony equivolent. Canadian Jursidiction is global, much like US jurisidiction is global. If you commit crimes in Canada from the US it is dual jurisdicition and you are accountable in both Jurisdicitions. There have even been dual national courts established for some cases. Ignorance of the law is not innocence. Your opinion is 150% false. The internet ain't just in the US, you are communicating with people all around the world, and your postings online are accountable everywhere in the world. Now you may never travel outside the US to Canada, so an enforcement order or finding in absentee may not be enforcable if the US does not agree to extradite you... although, yes Canadian Police can now exercise the law in the US, and vice versa for American cops in Canada. Saying I'm in America I'm unaccountable for laws broken in Canada is completely false, understand if communicating outside the US you are indeed acting in another jurisdiction. It is like sending a mail bomb to another state, very well you would have broken law in both states and most likely federally. You are accountable and there are mechanisms to apply rulings as well as sentences if applicable. Now I'm not 100% sure I would pursue it indictably if I acted as special prosecution criminally, as while I have reasonable grounds to be concerned for my safety, you are riding a fine line. None the less the courts will determine things. Extradition to Canada can and does happen. If you are communicating to a Canadian or to Canada, then you are under Canadian Jurisdiction Now there are factors to consider, however you should be aware similar laws exist in the US. If I were to sue you you'd have a month or two to respond and if you just went, its Canada I don't have to reply, you'd be in default and a judgement could be ordered. This is much the same as the RIAA trying to enforce copyright laws in Canada, there are treaties and agreements that facilitate for this. None the less harassment is illegal, Understand that and stop.

The world is getting tired of trolling and more and more laws are coming into place to prevent that type of conduct, for example Wisconin has Wis. Stat. § 947.0125

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/947/0125

Minnesota
Minn. Stat. § 609.749 https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.749
Minn. Stat. § 609.795 https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.795
Now kindly stop and let this thread get back to its purpose.

Do not direct communications to me, whatsoever. And do not even talk about me, if you do you risk false light defamation, or simply defamation. I am being very civil with this, be aware you are breaking the law if you communicate with me against my wishes. Some people wouldn't even provide notice. It is rude, offensive, and an annoyance.

Last edited:
Sorry to bust your bubble yet again,but remember when you agreed to the terms of use of this website?You are free to discuss whatever you want as long as it follows the rules of the site.You don't have to like it or agree with it.But you being here and posting is an "at will" agreement,not a requirement.No one is twisting your arm to be here.And you are also free to leave at anytime you please.

You also told Trapper to "get cancer and die horribly".Was that harassment too?What harassing canadian laws did you break?

Fact is,on an "at will" open public forum,you have no control of who can say what to who and you openly agreed to it by signing up for the site.

Harassment is not extraditable from county to county much less one country to the next. Just saying. Ashley dear, you can sue to your little hearts content but it won't mean a thing. Sorry. Civilly and criminally you don't have case. If you think you do...go to your local police department. Expect a negative reaction and don't get your feelings hurt. How do I know this? Um yeah, I've taken those reports. It doesn't happen.

Ashley,
PLEASE call what ever law enforcement agency in Canada that you wish. Show them this entire thread, then report back with what happened. I have not done anything wrong, civil or criminally. Not only will you not get the time of day from any law enforcement agency, you will be talked about and laughed at for days after trying to make a report. You have to be the biggest moron on the internet........ By the way, at this point what you are doing is harassment. Keep it up, I know of several reports that have been made to Clyde over your post. None at this point are from me. So if you get banned don't blame me. Everyone is tired of you.

Last edited:
You are advised this is a serious matter
"Canadian law makes criminal harassment an offence punishable by summary conviction
or by indictment. This offence currently carries a maximum penalty of ten years in
prison. Section 264. (1) of the Criminal Code specifies:
264. (1) Criminal harassment - No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing
that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other is harassed,
engage in conduct referred to in subsection (2) that causes that other person
reasonable, in all circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to
them.
(2) Prohibited conduct - The conduct mentioned in subsection (1) consists of
repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;
(a) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;
(b) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;"
Ok, now that you have shown us canada's law. I am 99.9999999% sure Trapper is a US Citizen, and there fore has this protecting him

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If you are not familiar with this, it is the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution. Since The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America he is safe to post as he pleases. I am sure he has not broken any international laws, nor do I think Interpol would be interested in this quarrel.

Now Trapper also has another Amendment to help support ALL of the others that being the 2nd Amendment which reads;

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

William,converting a Trane furnace from natural to propane or vise versa is more than just changing the orifices.The two fuels run at different operating pressures.Natural runs at 3.5 inches of water column vs 11 inches wc with propane.

The gas control valve needs converted as well by a qualified HVAC technician that has the equipment and can set the pressure with a manometer.On a Trane,it will require a parts kit which will have the proper sized orifices and the conversion/spring kit for the gas valve,the kits will vary depending on what model you have.

Coverting one without doing it properly,not setting the valve outlet pressure or using the incorrect sized orifices can cause the furnace to not burn properly and lead to damaging the heat exchanger,sooting up,releasing of carbon monoxide or even an explosion.Pay for the service call from a reputable heating and cooling company,it could be life or death.

Also,stop rubbing squid juice on yourself and eating it raw,I am a saltwater reef aquarist and have a good deal of experience in marine biology.There are microscopic parasites,fungus' and bacterias that can be very harmful to the body,not to mention many,many species of cephalopods are toxic.Some species are harmless as cooking kills off these toxins,some can be fatal.Hope you know what exact species you are having.

I'm not sure if you are posting this stuff to get a rise out of someone or what,but truth be told,you are playing with fire.Both of your experiments,with your furnace and your squid skin lotion,have the strong potential for being fatal mistakes.

He's an ASS !!

Ashley,
PLEASE call what ever law enforcement agency in Canada that you wish. Show them this entire thread, then report back with what happened. I have not done anything wrong, civil or criminally. Not only will you not get the time of day from any law enforcement agency, you will be talked about and laughed at for days after trying to make a report. You have to be the biggest moron on the internet........ By the way, at this point what you are doing is harassment. Keep it up, I know of several reports that have been made to Clyde over your post. None at this point are from me. So if you get banned don't blame me. Everyone is tired of you.

I can't stand this ASS Hole.

i beleave that ashley needs to be banned,on acount of the things he post are wrong.and also because of the threats he' been makeing..and did'nt he actully threaten trapper in a diffrent post?

ASS! No disagreements there,lol. I'm just glad Clyde tackled the problem and this thread can get back on track. And I don't recall exactly what was said Jim,but yes it was hostile towards Trapper and he was warned then.

Last edited:
i get jokes in my email on a daiy basis.and todays jokes are some bumper stickers...and william came to mind when i read them

Bumper Snickers

Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?
Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.
Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control!.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?

Back