What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still cleaning out the fridge. Have 5 triple thick cut pieces of peppered bacon, some marbled rye bread, some heirloom tomatoes and some mayo. So I will make a B-T. No L is available. Will add some radishes and baby carrots for a little crunch on the side and will wash it down with A&W cream soda.

I'm in that zone of not wanting to cook really; feel like we need something 'new'. Used up any leftovers in the fridge over the past few days- chicken stir fry last night, beef stew I had made the night before my daughter came home from her festival, even though it was the hottest day of the year lol. Herself and friend were delighted...'oohh vegetables!' Might do pasta tonight

Last night I had a salvadoran tamale, which is like a mexican tamale but it had potatoes, beans and other stuff inside. Was pretty good.

Tonight I am having some summer sausage, pepper jack cheese, crackers, cauliflower, radishes, baby carrots and a blueberry yogurt. Didn't feel like cooking.

Mexican food truck!

The food truck is close to me today so I stopped and asked for a "Basura Burrito". Which I believe translates to garbage burrito. They chop up everything leftover from lunch and make a pile of big fat burritos from it. They are very random but never disappoint. I threw a Coca Cola in the fridge to have with it.

I cant wait to make Italian sauce ..and make big vegetable soup
But ...too warm yet too make and eat it
But I love it

The recipe of the Italian sauce was from a friend REAL Italian of my mother
He was owner of a small family Italian Restaurant and he gave her his easy recipe
Was very simple as recipe ..but WOW so good

spicy itralian sausage and "stir fry " vegies (costco frozen cause meal planning is for meal planners

Latest posts

Back