What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you are building a shower or buying a fiberglass unit but I have to order shower units literally 20 weeks ahead of time.
Wow - that's good to know. Ours is a custom fiberglass, we're on round 2 of waiting for parts since the manufacturer made the 1st pan wrong. I'd probably be less salty if they hadn't already scheduled us for installation in December, and we've been waiting for the replacement for over two months... But still better than 20 weeks!!

Back home from an afternoon with my sister in law. Pedicure was ok. Frozen yogurt was delicious. Nice treat but boy that price went up dramatically.
We made a trip to Costco since we were in town. Sure didn’t have much to show for the big bill at checkout. Everything is dated and put up now. Trying to get warm. Wasn’t dressed warm enough for 30’s early evening.
Trailer update for anyone wondering (if not I’ll stop posting about it). Price has gone up 10% already but the dealer says they are eating that increase for now. Looks like we’re in the 90 day window now so they can’t up our price anymore. That’s such a stupid thing in my opinion. We finalized the “wants” list and it’s now been sent to the factory. Next step is they send us the plans with everything listed and drawn out for final approval. They are now saying it should be here early May vs late May early June so that’s good. Still need to decide if it’s beneficial to finance it or just pay outright for it.
Hubby’s off to work. Time to feed the rest of the critters (and me as well I suppose) and do a bit of sewing before bed.
Hope y’all had a good day.

Husband just checked on sheep, big fat sheep still has no lambs

It's pouring outside. Yesterday beautiful weather and we cleaned the barn from the rain day before ( all animals stayed in ) so today it will get all dirty again. Oh well we do need rain .

Phideaux : love your little puppy!!!

I have never really watched the news much, but check the drudge headlines in the morning just to see if WWIII has started yet. Been doing that for many many years . Well it looks like it has started. It will give everyone something new to worry about besides Covid....

Yesterday was a busy day . Cleaned the barn, then cleaned the house ( why I don't know, we still have a lamb living in the livingroom ) , and gave all the pregnant goats CDT shots. I forgot doing the sheep so I will need to do the lambs earlier than usual.
It was nice having all the windows open and letting the house air out after all that cold. I also did yoga outside.

Yesterday it almost got up to 70 and the house was hot so we opened it all up, today it is in the low 30s with sleet/rain.

Yesterday I took the wife to the hair salon, someone was standing outside 2 doors down smoking like a chimney, it totally took her breath away.. It was almost 20 minutes sitting inside the shop with extra oxygen going to her before she started doing better. Smokers don’t realize that what they do affects others around them.

Today is the wife’s birthday and we are planning to do a surf and turf dinner followed by a zoom meeting with the kids and grand-kids.

I ordered the "free" COVID test kits from the USPS on the first day they were available, got word today that they are being shipped now. Don't plan to use them, just add them to the first aid closet incase someone feels ill....

We are headed to town today to drop a few hundred on supplies before March 1st.

ALL grocery items are going up March 1. Name brand and store brand alike.

Get it while the gettin' is good.

Good morning!
Yesterday, I actually got all 3 freezers inventoried. 2 smallish chests and the side by side. I have more burger than I thought. It took quite a while. Mine is on a spreadsheet copied from the internet and handwritten numbers in pencil attached to a clipboard.

Already walked this morning and next will walk dogs.
Toying with the idea of doing monthly stock up today instead of Monday. Probably will.
Taking DH to doc this afternoon and then Bible Study tonight.

Going to a friend's this Friday and Saturday, so probably will be scarce for a couple of days.

I tossed and turned all night. First I was too cold so I bundled up, then I woke up sweating like crazy. Took all the blankets off and then got cold again, then hot. Then I just used sheets but still woke up sweating. I'm a side sleeper but both sides kept hurting so I had to keep rolling. Eventually slept on my back so I woke up totally congested, coughing, and having trouble breathing. Got a sinus headache and realized that trying to drive over an hour each way for the dentist was not happening today so I called to reschedule. My voice sounded pretty rough so they didn't need to ask why.

I'm trying to come up with a solution for the float lever getting stuck constantly. I'm thinking if I can get some aluminum flat stock as a bridge I can also cutoff one of the tongues from an older switch and then jbweld, and clamp stuff together. Maybe add in some t-rex tape for good measure. Then I can move the switch to the place the original one was mounted and get it lined up properly. Original one was gerry rigged to have a longer tongue. Then I can put vaseline on the rod so it will move smoothly.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Today is carpy.
So cold , 1/2" sleet on everything . Freezing rain coming tonight.
11 car/truck pile up on interstate close by, it's shutdown, 18 month old baby killed.

Wife and I , maybe got 1 hour sleep last night. I didn't know such a little guy could cry so loud and all night , in his kennel bed. Got up at 6 and he peed and pooped , on his peepad.

Hope he is better tonight.

He sure is full of energy.

Got a Vet appointment tomorrow , breeder requires a vet check up within 72 hours . Pet guarantee I guess.

Staying in today.

Jim

Today is carpy.
Staying in today.

Jim

I hate carpy days, something just seems very fishy about them.

Sun is out and the snow is melting off the roof, supposed to get to the mid 30's today and a bit warmer tomorrow. The ground was warm before the snow so it should melt the 3" fairly quick.

Blood tests said my kidneys and related are fine, all numbers in or close to the normal ranges. Not surprisingly my testosterone is low, below the low level range of normal-ish. Going in a bit to the pharmacy to pick up some Arnold juice to use once a week and after a month retest to check the level again. I got the majority of symptoms for Low T so hoping this helps so I can feel better and get back to work.

Like @Pearl and @phideaux staying in today. Boss called said higher ups finally called it, black ice. Dog is being careful when she steps out. Getting caught up on my sleep.

@phideaux I slept with our new puppy on me in a recliner for a few nights cuz she was so lonely and keeping me awake. She’s probably 10 or 11 yrs old now and sleeps fine on the floor in a bedroom, mine or the girls’. She is still very active and likes to play. Hope your little fluff ball settles in quickly. I know you’re a very experienced dog handler.

Get it while the gettin' is good.

I scored a deal at Wallyworld. Someone put out on an end cap the Essenhaus Amish egg noodles, the big extra wide ones. I really like them but rarely buy them because they are close to 4 bucks a bag. We get at least two meals out of a bag, but still.

Anywho someone put a sign up that they were 1.98, soooooo I grabbed a bunch and made them sell me them for that price, and they did........... Score.

I rarely go to Walmart but we decided we would hit it today to see if we could do better than the local Meijer. The noodles was a great score and we found a few things that were a few cents cheaper, but overall Meijer has them beat.

I cleaned my utility room, my pantry, and went through the prepping room and re organized some and took a better inventory!! Did my nails, made some calls to check on some elderly friends, and griped about Biden in another thread!! Going outside to feed in a bit, then I'm in for a few well earned beers!

Faucet for the kitchen sink went in today.

20220224_160340_HDR.jpg

Plumbing parts fot moved to the basement and I rook a picture of stalactites plumbing coming down through the floor.

20220224_141105.jpg

While my brother worked on more plumbing I started to introduce some order to the chaos.

20220224_160401.jpg

Stopped and grabbed some seedling starting mix to get some seeds started.

Ben

Finally. Should I make a new thread to share my video links? And, what section would be best?

Actually, I think that would be really nice (a thread of its own). I can't always watch a vid then forget in this thread when I can to go back.

Faucet for the kitchen sink went in today.

View attachment 81079

Plumbing parts fot moved to the basement and I rook a picture of stalactites plumbing coming down through the floor.

View attachment 81080

While my brother worked on more plumbing I started to introduce some order to the chaos.

View attachment 81081

Stopped and grabbed some seedling starting mix to get some seeds started.

Ben
I was scrolling from the bottom up so saw the seedling mix and the tool pix - my thought, I'd like some drill index seeds and a sawsall tree and 😂

Had another interview this morning and I think we found our next Rad tech. 20 years experience. Funny thing about him, he reminded us so much of the one that just left. They are friends and used to work together. Manner of speaking is similar, even thought process when working on a problem.
Got a call this afternoon that my metal for the new raised beds is ready to pick up. I'll swing by after work tomorrow

Yes, that is easy to understand.
What about the formula for this, the trinomial cube?

View attachment 81091
Ha ha 🤣

The standard form of a trinomial is only second order as in

aX2 + bX + c

Only a square.

;)

OK I will stop with 5he math (for now).

Ben

Ha ha 🤣

The standard form of a trinomial is only second order as in

aX2 + bX + c

Only a square.

;)

OK I will stop with 5he math (for now).

Ben
This is one of two pieces of equipment used in Montessori classrooms. The other is the binomial cube. They are first introduced sensorially. Later, they are used to help teach algebra. I have the formulas written in my Montessori albums, somewhere.

Latest posts

Back