What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😊 Woof!

So, Double R, wanna play catch with my favorite frisbee?

OK, here it is... I have to calm down. there I dropped it at your feet. It seems to hold the moisture because my teeth put holes in it.. sorry...
OK throw it, come on you can throw it anywhere and I can catch it. go ahead, I'm ready...

I have played with too many dogs! :)

Yep. My two elk-hounds I used to throw the ball into the water - a lake that we visited. That wore them out faster and I got to rest between tosses. :)

Paid my property taxes. I got a cashier's check from my credit union and had the whole business sent via certified mail. I am glad to have that done. We were late in our statements this year. We can pay online, but that wasn't available until just a couple weeks ago, with February 28 being the deadline for half of the payment, or all of it if we choose. It almost feels like a set up to not have people get their property taxes paid.

Paid my property taxes. I got a cashier's check from my credit union and had the whole business sent via certified mail. I am glad to have that done. We were late in our statements this year. We can pay online, but that wasn't available until just a couple weeks ago, with February 28 being the deadline for half of the payment, or all of it if we choose. It almost feels like a set up to not have people get their property taxes paid.
Good evening Weedy!
I hate property tax time. I agree. I think they try to set us up

I am house sitting again, 9 hours from home. I just got a call from my home neighbor. She is on the road driving home from work. Her commute is 1.5 hrs one way. She is about to hit the no phone zone. Her kids are scared. They heard noises outside.

I call hubby and he grabbed a boomstick and drove over. He can't see anything and no tracks. It's probably a monsters under the outside bed type situation. He is sitting in the car waiting for mom who is due in 20 minutes. We don't have two legged varmints in the boonies where we live. I think we just got us some grand kids.

Good evening Weedy!
I hate property tax time. I agree. I think they try to set us up
Good evening!
My property values and therefore my property taxes have increased so much since I purchased my home. I have a friend who said that it is outrageous. People wonder why rents are high? Someone has to pay the taxes.

I had decided to be very careful about handling the payment because of how much they are. I went to the post office last year and spoke to the clerk about my concern of the payment being lost in the mail. She told me it happened to her. She was told hers weren't paid, but the check was cashed. I cannot imagine having to come up with a few thousand dollars again. I could, and I would, but I would not be happy!

We had the last interview for the calibration side of our department today. Great interview, guy had tons of experience. But it don't match up with the rad shop. Guy yesterday was a much better fit. Boss was letting HR know to make him an offer this afternoon.
I left work at 1 today to run a few errands. Fueled the truck, stopped by the bank to pull some cash out of savings. Went by local fun store, found some ammo I was interested in and fondled a Mossberg 590. After that went and picked up the metal I ordered Tuesday for my new raised beds. Came home and unloaded all that. Then went to Lowes and picked up the lumber I need for the beds, and some other stuff. Back home and unloaded all that. Just chilling out tonight

Well if you're ok I'll go get it but if that other dog gets too close ...
Bound, bound, bound nasal radar has it! Grab it at a full run, almost trip, and I drop it at your feet, and dare you to try to get it. This is the best part of the game. :p

We had the last interview for the calibration side of our department today. Great interview, guy had tons of experience. But it don't match up with the rad shop. Guy yesterday was a much better fit. Boss was letting HR know to make him an offer this afternoon.
I left work at 1 today to run a few errands. Fueled the truck, stopped by the bank to pull some cash out of savings. Went by local fun store, found some ammo I was interested in and fondled a Mossberg 590. After that went and picked up the metal I ordered Tuesday for my new raised beds. Came home and unloaded all that. Then went to Lowes and picked up the lumber I need for the beds, and some other stuff. Back home and unloaded all that. Just chilling out tonight
Don’t just fondle! Buy! Take that needy baby home!

Well if you're ok I'll go get it but if that other dog gets too close ...
Bound, bound, bound nasal radar has it! Grab it at a full run, almost trip, and I drop it at your feet, and dare you to try to get it. This is the best part of the game. :p
Ok good. So you don’t do what my spoiled female does and drop it 10 foot away and tell ME to get it. 😂 Our male tries his hardest to trip me by putting it under my feet

My girls always dropped it right in front of me.. then when I went to grab it they would steel it and hold it just out of reach. then drop it again and dare me to try to get it. They were such teases! I would have to stand very erect and stare at them until they laid down in submission and then they would let me have it. Dogs, I really loved those two.

Thank you for helping with the memories... good times

My girls always dropped it right in front of me.. then when I went to grab it they would steel it and hold it just out of reach. then drop it again and dare me to try to get it. They were such teases! I would have to stand very erect and stare at them until they laid down in submission and then they would let me have it. Dogs, I really loved those two.

Thank you for helping with the memories... good times

:huggs: Anytime!
Our male does that to my husband all the time. 😂 I don’t know what to do without dogs.

Well, it is 6:45-ish here, the sun is lighting up the eastern horizon, and I am still awake. I tried for a couple hours but couldn't sleep so I got up at 4am and been on the computer.
On a side note the boys, 23 and 26, keep complaining about their room being cold at night but they keep the door closed so when the wood stove is going in the evening no heat gets back there. Sometimes they come out and ask to turn up the furnace, but the living room is 75-80 degrees and the upstairs is fine, and they get upset when I say NO. Last night I put several logs in the fire about 8pm and figured that would be good for the night. 10pm I walk out of my room and there is another log in the fire, midnight there is more wood in the fire, came out at 3am and there was more wood in the fire. The living room will never cool down enough to let the furnace warm the rest of the house if they keep stoking the fire. Soooo, at 4am I stoked it good so I can sit here wearing just a pair of gym shorts and no shirt. Seems comfortable for me and saves on electricity/gas.

Not sure what i will do today, I suspect I might get sleepy once the sun is up but that isn't a guarantee. Wanted to do some work on the house, we shall see.

The worst part is no one is posting here so I have nothing to read over, aside from this thread.

Latest posts

Back