What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh , the right one is out there. Just gotta keep searching .
We looked for a farm house on 1 acre, to downsize , close by my kids, for 5 years.
Look at a bunch of em .
Then ,bang , one day it just jumped out of nowhere.
Seen it Friday , for sale by owner , bought it Saturday .

6 months in, it's 99 % where we want it.

Just keep looking. Don't quit.

Jim

Thanks my friend. Worried what interest rates and the market are going to do. We tend to not jump without serious consideration which will be a problem. Seems no time to think with housing. Very ready for the next chapter of our lives.

Didn’t know you had looked that long. I don’t feel so bad now. :huggs:

Thanks my friend. Worried what interest rates and the market are going to do. We tend to not jump without serious consideration which will be a problem. Seems no time to think with housing. Very ready for the next chapter of our lives.

Didn’t know you had looked that long. I don’t feel so bad now. :huggs:
If you don’t need a place right now I’d wait until the housing market busts again. That the time to buy if you have the choice to wait.

Waiting for the storm, all outside chores are done. It’s still about 2hrs away. The weatherman just said tornado watches about to be issued. Tornadoes are bad enough during the day… I hate them at night!!! Can’t watch the clouds for signs.

Went out for lunch, afterwards I did a little plant hunting. Ha! Found yellowroot in a new place! I’ve stopped where this creek goes under the road before, no yellowroot. Today I decided to walk down and look past a bend in the creek. Yellowroot everywhere!!!! Acres of it lining both sides of the creek. Some of it 3ft tall, never see it over 2ft. I think a timber company owns the land, need to check on that.

yelroot new 30mar 1a .JPG

If you don’t need a place right now I’d wait until the housing market busts again. That the time to buy if you have the choice to wait.
Who knows when the housing market will go down. We don’t have years left here for sure. We will not be homeless. We DO live in California. If new bills pass it will become even more of an issue though

Well carp, we're in a tornado warning right now,
Straight line winds are at 60-70 mph.

I can't take Eli out for a while.
It's dark as night, trees are bending.

Not good.View attachment 83514

Jim
Praying for your safety and the safety of your family. Check in once and a while if it’s not to much trouble

Today I've been doing more electrical work. Stupid me has to replace two switches I just replaced (a double-replacement?!) I wasn't thinking, and installed smart dimmers for our family room lights and a bedroom light. Then remembered that these lights are plugged into switched wall outlets. You don't want to dim an outlet (that would technically work for a lamp plugged in, but would be a funky thing to do to your computer!) I'm sure such an installation would be a code violation, and even if it wasn't, it's not a smart or safe thing to do. So I ordered some non-dimmable relay-based higher power smart switches to install instead. These new ones will handle 1800 watts (15 amps), same as the circuit breaker. All the other dimmers I have installed go to overhead lighting, which is OK.

I finished up doing my evening chores and saw something I wanted to share.

My DW wants to do more, but her body has other ideas. She really wants to cook and bake more, but she is having trouble finishing most things.

Tomorrow she hopes to make bread, but she knows she does not have the strength to do it all at one time. So tonight she preposition-ed all the measured dry ingredients, including sifting the flour, chopped the nuts, and she put all the measured refrigerated stuff in bowls in the fridge. She even greased and dusted the baking pans and covered them with cling wrap. She did all this so tomorrow she can bake bread and not have to rely on me to finish the job.

What can I say about someone who tries so hard to keep giving even when their body is giving out...

All I can say is I truly married above my station.

That's a great idea Mrs Urban had! You know sometimes I look at a project as just too hard or time consuming, and I figure I'll just get the stuff out and at least get that done. The next day I get more motivated.
Got some more seeds started indoors today, 4 flats done. Granddaughter's dentist appt cancelled for tomorrow. Bummer...she had a day off of school anyway. We'll have to reschedule.

3 loads of laundry washed, dried, and put away.
Bills are paid.
Supplies laid in for Dad.
Garden seeds started.
Floors dusted.
Furniture dusted.
Dishes done.
Bathroom deep cleaned.
Trash out.
Cleaning Dad's place tomorrow.
Doing Dad's laundry tomorrow.
Dusting out Dad's place.
Taking trash out for Dad, but cleaning out the refrig first.
Taking a day at a time.

3 loads of laundry washed, dried, and put away.
Bills are paid.
Supplies laid in for Dad.
Garden seeds started.
Floors dusted.
Furniture dusted.
Dishes done.
Bathroom deep cleaned.
Trash out.
Cleaning Dad's place tomorrow.
Doing Dad's laundry tomorrow.
Dusting out Dad's place.
Taking trash out for Dad, but cleaning out the refrig first.
Taking a day at a time.

Hey ....no good food you cooking.

Well it's late so I don't need my appetite teased anyway.

Jim

Latest posts

Back