What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen that nasty meth cr@p ruin the lives of classmates in Coronado... crack too, go figure. Moi, I ain't no saint, I did my share of coke back in the day (and good coke too, hardly stepped on at all, lol), but there came a time when I had to let it go, ya know? I still drink, and once in a great while I'll have a bong hit, but that's about it... never liked the chemical cr@p like meth, nothing but toxic ingredients in that garbage. The saddest part was seeing young gals in Coronado trying to use meth as some sort of "dieting tool"---then their lives would spiral downward, ugh. I always warned my nieces & nephews to stay away from that cr@p! 😠

Ok Uncle

What is a tweeker?

Ben

Basically a meth addict. From the urban dictionary... A tweeker will steal your stuff and then help you look for it. A methamphetamine user. Tweekers are known for their extreme paranoia, flagrant dishonesty, and lack of non-tweeker friends.

You ever see the tv series "Breaking Bad"?

Basically a meth addict. From the urban dictionary... A tweeker will steal your stuff and then help you look for it. A methamphetamine user. Tweekers are known for their extreme paranoia, flagrant dishonesty, and lack of non-tweeker friends.

You ever see the tv series "Breaking Bad"?
No sir.

Ben

It’s been a nutty week! Yesterday I went to an event introducing children to musical instruments with a friend and her 2 young daughters. It was a great event, held at the library. Friend’s oldest is 8 years old but in 5th grade (advanced). She wanted to get some books. It looked like libkook media threw up in the children’s section. Books aimed at 5 year olds about LBQxyz whatever, about evolution, about girl power, etc and no white children in the books. Friend and family are Christians so it was challenging to find something for her. She finally found a Little House book she hadn’t read and I geared her towards The Velveteen Rabbit and Charlotte’s Web. I was dumbfounded!
This morning Hubby called to warn me about a tweeker that confronted him. Hubby does not get intimidated. He gets irritated. He and the other fella who was there (one of or guys) got inside and shut and locked the door in his face. He kept trying the doors. Hubby called the cops and said if he’s around when his wife (me) arrives, it would get ugly. He disappeared by the time I got there.
Rest of today was calmer.

Hi @MoBookworm1957 😁
Hi LadyLocust

Got up early & went to Ga. to visit B-I-L & S-I-L, got some extra produce, A yellow fig tree, a red sweet plum tree & some muscadines. My muscadines & moonglow pear should be ready soon.

Last edited:
Ok Uncle

What is a tweeker?

Ben
Am I the only one who watch Cop shows, or is it because I know a few Tweekers?
Or is it because Family friends whos sons went the way of wild drugs & a father & son team have been in jail for a year & still have to go to another county for more charges after a single night of doing a lot of drugs including meth & road rage with a gun.

Am I the only one who watch Cop shows, or is it because I know a few Tweekers?
Or is it because Family friends whos sons went the way of wild drugs & a father & son team have been in jail for a year & still have to go to another county for more charges after a single night of doing a lot of drugs including meth & road rage with a gun.
The question is......is Ben the only one who doesn't know what a tweeker is?

The question is......is Ben the only one who doesn't know what a tweeker is?
Not anymore, it is fair, Ben has taught some of us more than a few things, so it is about time we returned the flavor.

Been ill. for awhile.
Been to Doctor's appointment today.
Have another Doctor's appointment Monday.
Lost 3 .5 pounds in July.
Also lost 1.5 inches, I think beings I can now move and rotate my ankles now.
That must be where I lost the inches.
Had a bunch of tests done, should be tests results back next week.
Spent $ 58.75, t Alidi's today.
Little more than half my grocery budget. household budget.
Household budget spent was under $18 for toilet paper and trash bags.
Rest spent was grocery budget.
Will need to pick up more canning jars, so I can make a few more bread and butter pickles.
Maybe more Cowboy Candy too.
Will go to Harvester's run on Friday, so that will help too.

Been ill. for awhile.
Spent $ 58.75, t Alidi's today.
Little more than half my grocery budget. household budget.
Household budget spent was under $18 for toilet paper and trash bags.
Rest spent was grocery budget.
Will need to pick up more canning jars, so I can make a few more bread and butter pickles.
Maybe more Cowboy Candy too.
Will go to Harvester's run on Friday, so that will help too.
Sorry Mo, hope you can get to feeling better! Hope you get good test results!! As always, glad to see you here!! 😊

Been up for about an hour, expecting heavy rains this afternoon, preparing for the power outages that usually come with the wind and rain. But, the wife made a grocery list and I need to get that filled ASAP, so will be leaving shortly to do that task.

Today is also trash day and I need to make a sweep of all the high salt junk food in the house, it can't hurt you if you send it to the dump... I am learning more about my wife as I try to find snacks that will not spike my sugar or drive my blood pressure up, the choices are limited at best.

Been ill. for awhile.
I hope it;s not anything serious and you feel better soon

It's raining again, pouring actually. It's still dark but I better go let the little goat boys in the barn

Supposed to have company today but looks like they are not going to have time to stop by. I wished people would plan better. I now have a lot of meat defrosted that needs cooking. Oh well, we'll have leftovers and I now have a clean house

Not doing much else today, it is supposed to rain all day, wished I could send you all in dry areas some of this .

My daughter kept here Florida license and got Florida tags ( in the Navy in Norfolk) , she wanted to avoid the vehicle inspections also
We have inspections in Texas. When a vehicle gets a certain age they just go through a basic safety inspection, lights, horn, brakes, tires. Ours are all old enough, inspection is 7.00$. Newer vehicles go through emissions testing too, $25.50!

Blew my back out going to the store, raining like pouring p1ss out of a boot anyway.
Wake "n" bake! Why do we get TWO rainy seasons? could be worse, could be a drought.
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 08-03-02 North Atlanta GA Weather Radar AccuWeather.png

What is a tweeker?
An occasional meth user. My boss used to give me a "speed bump" when I came in early so we could be ready to run on time. Never used it outside of work until I got it prescribed to me.

An occasional meth user. My boss used to give me a "speed bump" when I came in early so we could be ready to run on time. Never used it outside of work until I got it prescribed to me.
My boss (pizza restaurant) used to meet me at the door at 10:30 am with a frozen mug of beer. That was a crazy job and much younger times!

Back