What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the confusion with the term. Guess it was a learning moment. To be honest, I wouldn't know one drug from another and which ones cause which effects. This guy was apparently in another land with whatever he was seeing in his head. I would almost pity him if he had made it in the shop. I think only one of our guys is under 6' tall and they all have hammers and metal at their work stations. We have a lot of them around here also!
Today is my Friday - Hallelujah!

I was sick yesterday. Nausea, stomach pain, back pain, and vomiting. That sucked. Felt better late evening and was able to heat up some chicken noodle soup for Mom. Cooked some porkchops in the air fryer (they were going to go bad if I didn't cook them) and shared with my brother. Convinced him to take a shower. He hadn't taken one since before my bathroom was fixed up and he needed it. He felt better afterward. He brought in his hair/body wash products. NINE bottles. Who the hell needs NINE bottles of stuff? LOL. I only have two. Shampoo/conditioner and bodywash/facewash. He's got all sorts of hair stuff. He was in the bathroom singing about cleaning his butthole. He also brought in a loofah on a handle.

I did get him to feed the cats for the first time in months bc I was feeling sick.

Today I'm trying to motivate myself to get up and do something but still feeling tired from being sick. At least I need to get stuff brought in from the truck. Hoping I can get my brother to help.

Tweakers look like zombies if ya ask me. Death in the eyes and aged skin. Gone, long gone. It’s kinda freaky because you KNOW when you see them you should not be near them for safety’s sake.
That is exactly what Hubby said. He asked if he could help him at first - it didn't even register with the guy. He was out there.

Sorry for the confusion with the term. Guess it was a learning moment. To be honest, I wouldn't know one drug from another and which ones cause which effects. This guy was apparently in another land with whatever he was seeing in his head. I would almost pity him if he had made it in the shop. I think only one of our guys is under 6' tall and they all have hammers and metal at their work stations. We have a lot of them around here also!
Today is my Friday - Hallelujah!
You caused a ruckus 😉🤣! You should start a word of the day thread!!

Tweakers look like zombies if ya ask me. Death in the eyes and aged skin.
I looked like that even as a kid. :(
The funny thing, I never grew out of it.

Methican-Americans! Lol. I hyphenated it for ya... that's a keeper, I'll hafta share it with my friends back on the coast. No shortage of tweekers there in San Diego, more's the pity. :(

Busy morning, but I'm now kicking it with a cold beer... keeping an eye out for the hawk, I snapped this pic yesterday. It's difficult to capture the hawk in flight with my camera, the autofocus can't keep up with the bird, lol. :oops:

IMG_0622.JPG

Hot outside, so I'm gonna relax indoors for the rest of the day... water trees & plants tonight as usual. Thought about making a town run earlier, but I'll do it tomorrow, I have everything I need here today. :cool:

Went into the bigger town after lunch and before husband's next iv treatment...picked up his meds at the pharmacy, visited with mom, then a meeting with the billing clerk at the nursing home. I got a bill from them in May and it was off by $4K, and talked to her numerous times about reprinting it, and I would pay it. Got a bill two days ago, saying I owed $25K and change, with no explanation as to what was between now and then. Got it straightened out and pd them a small fortune.

I posted recently my laptop had died. Wasn’t much of a laptop but it served a purpose. It was portable and gave me internet access away from home. I stored photos and music on it. During the bluegrass event at the folk school I could dump videos from my phone to it. But for how little it got used I simply couldn’t justify the cost of replacing it.

Got to thinking (always dangerous for me), I needed a small portable way of playing music. Don’t care for ear buds but use them occasionally. Small portable speakers with a usb connection would be nice…

I bought a new phone last fall, put a 256GB sim card in it. It does everything the laptop could do, has plenty of storage. Speakers… ?

While online shopping i found small portable Bose speakers. It’s water proof and connects to any blue tooth device. Took a chance and ordered one, a Bose Sound-link Flex. Came today, initial charge takes 4 hours but gives 12hrs of play time per charge. Best part, it fits in my guitar case… My plan, when I go to pine mtn to play music I can camp the night before. Now with my phone and bose speaker I can play along with music. It’s also a good way for several people to pick together, learn a new song from a recording. And it's very portable...

I was impressed with the construction, what I expect from Bose, had one of their early Acoustic wave systems I used for 20yrs, fantastic sound quality. This little speaker is heavy, 1lb 4oz, has good sound. To clean it, just rinse it off.

I had to download a mp3 player to my phone, got that working. Bluetooth checks, figured out how to connect my phone to my tv’s sound bar and play music through it too. Anyway, got it set up to work with my phone… So now I can use earbuds with my phone or the little Bose speaker.

20230810_15bose1.jpg

Last edited:
Wife just got a new phone and it came with a Bluetooth JBL speaker. I wS surprised how good it sounded. It mayb 8" long and 2.5" around.
I just had to get a new phone today too! The pix is super clear and now I can actually hear if someone calls. The speaker went out on my "old" one - <2yrs. old 🙄 Now you have me curious as to music and such. I don't know what a JBL is.

Did not get my brother to help with the water cases but I lugged them in. Went to Walmart for curbside order because I lacked the energy to search the store for stuff and wanted to limit my time walking outside as much as possible. Still not feeling great, but am feeling better than I was before.

I'm about to go cook something for Mom. She probably wants soup.

Is your boss being a jerk. Mine is sometimes too (We own our own business) 😂
Anyhoo - that's our joke - My boss is a jerk.
Years ago when I was horse logging my wife was always nagging to work with me in the woods. She used to come with me on her days off, which I always took it easy. But when she actually wanted to work with me she saw just how hard logging with a couple teams of draft horses could be. She lasted half a day. I guess I'm a hard boss.

I just had to get a new phone today too! The pix is super clear and now I can actually hear if someone calls. The speaker went out on my "old" one - <2yrs. old 🙄 Now you have me curious as to music and such. I don't know what a JBL is.
JBL is a long time speaker manufacturing company. Not high end, but not bad. Wife phones battery wouldn't last 2 hours

I was sitting here wondering... I know the stereo in my truck is blue tooth enabled. Wonder if I can use the little bose with with it? Blue tooth range is usually 30-35ft? I could listen to the truck radio if camped close by without blasting the vehicle speaker volume. I'll have to test it...

I was sitting here wondering... I know the stereo in my truck is blue tooth enabled. Wonder if I can use the little bose with with it? Blue tooth range is usually 30-35ft? I could listen to the truck radio if camped close by without blasting the vehicle speaker volume. I'll have to test it...
I had a bose blue tooth speaker for a while. It was possessed! It would turn itself on in the middle of the night and announce its actions- speaker name trying to connect, trying to connect, trying to connect, unable to connect. 🙄. I wrapped it in a towel and and put it in the stairwell until I could finally get it sent back and get one that was not blue tooth. Also, for the record- I would have phone and computer off and closed.
I do like bose sound though.

Here, they usually start up in Sept looking for marijuana. It's actually been very quiet on the west side of the state. I sometimes hear a life flight helicopter. It travels a regular route between hospitals. Haven't heard it in several weeks which is good news for someone.

Here, they usually start up in Sept looking for marijuana. It's actually been very quiet on the west side of the state. I sometimes hear a life flight helicopter. It travels a regular route between hospitals. Haven't heard it in several weeks which is good news for someone.

Too early for pot spotters. Military exercise?
View attachment 113696
Well they're not AirEVAC, and they're not potcopter, both of those are just a solo helicopter, this was at least 4 flying in pairs, which makes me think military. But the question I have is this, why are they flying the same maneuvers, for a couple hours a night every night for a week or so, then doing it all over again 2 weeks later? Ive lived here my whole life, it's not that unusual to see the AF doin maneuvers in the area we're between two big AF bases and a few smaller military bases but never anything like this it's just odd

Not Air Force, I'm thinking Army or Marines? they've been doing a LOT of training lately.
What state are you in? they normally announce such things so civilian pilots will avoid the area.

Hell. Maybe Joe Blow Biden shot down another UFO? LOL

Back