What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally broke down and ordered a new one. Good look fixing yours
Ordered the seals a few days ago. I might post some pics or start a thread on it. Going to take it by the machine shop maybe tomorrow to have the case cleaned. Thinking now that my oat plot will be collard greens. 15 x 50 will be a lot of collards.

Hubby made it home yesterday evening. We got food things put away last night then he cleaned out the pickup this morning. Made 22 quarts of salsa today, did 2 loads of very smelly laundry and am now sitting.
Picked a basket of peppers for his next run of hot sauce- a lot of habaneros ripe! There are also purple reaper, Trinidad scorpions, ghost and a couple banana because they needed to be picked.
IMG_6252.jpeg

We are getting the trailer ready for our trip to the Oregon coast.
Had to clean and repack everything after going camping last week.
We'll be gone for 2 weeks unless we decide to just keep going then who knows what will happen. :)
I should have WIFI and cell service so I can keep up with what's happening here.
Gonna go see @viking and @Cascadian ? Don’t know where along the coast you’ll be, but enjoy some good fish n chips for me will ya? 😍

None of the 75 pepper plants that we started back in February grew enough to make a single pepper. I'm stuck buying habanaros at the store. Nothing hotter around here, but fortunately I still have some ghost peppers in the freezer.
I would think the larger town to the west of you near the border would have some with the hispanic population there. We would share if closer 😏

Yesterday was a dog adoption event WOOFSTOCK. Woofstock 2023 - Oklahoma Animal Alliance

We had a great time but it was a lot of work. Our display won Third place out of, maybe, 50 displays. Today I was really sore.

Attachments

• IMG_9782.jpeg
    IMG_9782.jpeg
    246.7 KB
  • IMG_9783.jpeg
    IMG_9783.jpeg
    303.8 KB
  • IMG_9784.jpeg
    IMG_9784.jpeg
    306 KB
  • IMG_9778.jpeg
    IMG_9778.jpeg
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_9777.jpeg
    IMG_9777.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_9775.jpeg
    IMG_9775.jpeg
    810.5 KB
Gonna go see @viking and @Cascadian ? Don’t know where along the coast you’ll be, but enjoy some good fish n chips for me will ya? 😍
Next week we will be just north of Seaside then the week after we'll be in Newport.
I'm hoping to get out on a Salmon charter in Astoria next Saturday.
My wife seems to think I need to take her to dinner tomorrow night for our 53rd anniversary.
I know a great seafood place in Seaside so I'll take her there, maybe. :D

Going to take a lamb and a goat to the meat processer today, hope they haven't changed their mind and I hope they get it done this week. Festival Saturday but the weather is not looking good. It would be ironic after all this aggrevation of getting these animals done, if we got rained out all day and sold nothing.
Supposed to rain, but then again they might be wrong again. It did finally rain yesterday, all day after about 10 in the morning.

I made my cheddar cheese bread, but didn't really like it. Son liked it and ate most of it. It turned out ok but it just didn't taste right to me, so this one I am not going to bake for the market.

We are getting the trailer ready for our trip to the Oregon coast.
Had to clean and repack everything after going camping last week.
We'll be gone for 2 weeks unless we decide to just keep going then who knows what will happen. :)
I should have WIFI and cell service so I can keep up with what's happening here.
Going to take a lamb and a goat to the meat processer today, hope they haven't changed their mind and I hope they get it done this week. Festival Saturday but the weather is not looking good. It would be ironic after all this aggrevation of getting these animals done, if we got rained out all day and sold nothing.
Supposed to rain, but then again they might be wrong again. It did finally rain yesterday, all day after about 10 in the morning.

I made my cheddar cheese bread, but didn't really like it. Son liked it and ate most of it. It turned out ok but it just didn't taste right to me, so this one I am not going to bake for the market.
I love cheddar cheese bread. Have you considered adding diced jalapeño ?
They can not keep it on the shelves around here it flys off as soon as it is put out

I love cheddar cheese bread. Have you considered adding diced jalapeño ?
They can not keep it on the shelves around here it flys off as soon as it is put out
I think it is just me LOL, I think I like my bread to just be bread with nothing weird in it. But yes, I could probably sell it but I already sell all my bread so I can just bake what I like :)
I got great reviews on my Hawaiian bread I added recently. This I like a lot, and it has pineapple juice in it

Brothers and nephews here over the weekend, mom and daughter too. Made some good progress on the moving project, finished filling both pods and they'll be moved to the new place tomorrow. Then I have four days to get them emptied before any additional charges, so I'll be even busier, if that's possible. At this point I'm simply going to pull stuff out and stack it in the garage and shed, sorting and actually placing stuff in the house can come later. Might as well give up on going to bed, can't sleep anyway and I could get more done.
Nephews are 12 and 14, I don't think they've ever been worked so hard before! 🙃
Spending this morning repairing the wall in the dining room before I have to go to the new place and let the furnace guy in.
Y'all are making me want to play with the bread machine but I've already packed it. 😵‍💫

Cheddar cheese pepperoni bread is popular here at our Farmer's Mkt. They call it pizza bread. My favorite is a chive bread ring. I buy one every time I see one.
Yum yum. That sounds good
What

I think it is just me LOL, I think I like my bread to just be bread with nothing weird in it. But yes, I could probably sell it but I already sell all my bread so I can just bake what I like :)
I got great reviews on my Hawaiian bread I added recently. This I like a lot, and it has pineapple juice in it
sour dough? I’ll take a loaf

where does your hay come from since it is so hot and dry where you are? It must be expensive if they have to transport it a long way
Glad we got plenty already but we are already feeding some on bad weather days
Arizona! $25 for 110# square bale of long stem Bermuda! I never buy Texas hay, could never find any I liked! The Arizona hay is beautiful, with just the donkey eating it, it's affordable.

I would think the larger town to the west of you near the border would have some with the hispanic population there. We would share if closer 😏
I've checked. Apparently the Mex's over there don't like anything hotter than habanaros.
My son does a lot of survey work over in your area.......

Back