What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granola’s baked, tomato powder’s ground (very pleased with that, it turned out well), vacuuming is done, homemade creole seasoning for tonight’s gumbo is done.

Still to do: dust, bathrooms, sweep and mop, scrub the stainless in the kitchen. And dishes. Always, always dishes.
I just got home from work, did dishes!! Where the heck did they come from🤔🙄🤔??

Hope you are headache free today Sonya!! The Angus cows across the road from us are mean! They are very well fed, big protective mammas!!
No headache but I think I picked up some cold bug, have a sore throat, tonsils hurt and stuffy nose. That's probably why I had that headache. Normal people go to bed when sick and take medicine, I took the dogs up the mountain for a hike LOL. Sometimes exercise works to get rid of it but not this time. Not feeling great, hope it goes away fast. We have stuff to do

I did make tomato sauce and canned it before I started really feeling bad, plus did laundry. But husband is going to have to take care of the animals this evening by himself. There isn't much to do just move them around to a different area.

Ended up not doing laundry but got most everything else done. Still need to do the homework. Ended up needing to chip ice out of one of the freezers so it would seal right.

Think I'm just gonna make a sausage, egg, and tater scramble for supper. Might do a couple of pieces of pan toast with it. I'm really enjoying having fresh eggs each day. Need to experiment with water glassing some as well

Got the gear case broke down and cleaned, now waiting on new seals. Used my pressure washer to get the junk out of the case. Also found that when the front bearing went, it knocked a hole in the side of the case. JB Weld fixed that.

For the truck: motor will hopefully be done soon, only problem is I still have about $1700 worth of machine work to pay for.

The wife is having a small Girls lunch today, she is having chicken salad. The 3 guests are coming early to help prepare the dish (and get the recipe). When the wife has company all you can hear is laughing and chatting, they when the company leaves she is happily exhausted for the next 3 days... And I get to clean a messy kitchen.

Fairly frustrating morning, so far. Walked anyway.
Waiting for a call back from usps. A fellow who placed an order, didn't receive it. He opened a case with usps which has been closed with no record of him receiving the package. The call back is to hopefully find out how the case was resolved. I believe he was reimbursed by usps, but is trying to get money from us through ebay, also. I don't know if they will tell me anything or not and then I need to respond (through ebay) to him. Ultimately, ebay will decide. I am just trying to give them both sides of the story. Sigh
Going to make a meatloaf for dinner.
Do medicare paperwork and call it a day!

Was informed that my daughter has been named a "Commended Scholar" by the National Merit Scholarship Program, due to her PSAT scores. She was in the top 50,000 out of 3.4 million students that took the PSAT. She didn't score in the top 16,000, which is the cut off for advancing to the Semi Finals in the program. But, She still made the top two percent nationally and I am proud as hell over what she has accomplished.

Woke up this morning feeling a little better. Took a whole gummy last night and slept well.
Also just got a call our meat is done, but now the next problem. It is supposed to rain all day Saturday so we might not sell it if people don't show up because of the weather. But we will be indoors this time so hopefully they will come anyway. It will just be bad for the outside events like sheep dog demo and stuff for the kids. I sure hope this time the weather forecast is as wrong as usual and the rain holds off till Sunday
Husband just went to pick up the tiller I ordered . Hope it will do the job we need it for.

Hubby is on his way back to MT to try to catch dinner ;)
Our PO is closed and I am waiting on checks for the business since we are out. Arg!
Raining here today which is very welcomed.
Have a bunch of phone calls to make and I am avoiding them as it's not a "I want to talk on the phone" day 😂
Okay, back to work for me.

Spent the morning with husband in the ortho office...an hr and a half waiting for the doc. Ugh. Half hr appt. Then it was lunch, so we decided on Chic fil A. Only the drive thru is open for lack of employees, so it was packed. We ate in the truck. Then filled a cart at Aldi. So, tried out the new light weight wheel chair. The other one we have is a wide, and it's too heavy for me to load in the truck. This was so much easier, but not as comfortable for husband, but we managed. It's still hard to get him up the ramps, he's 280lbs. So anyway, he tore his other rotator cuff, so now both are down. Bummer. Need to put away groceries and think about filling the freeze dryer.

Cleared out one of the veggie beds that had been overtaken with garlic chives.

IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4303.jpeg

Normally I’d have just left them in — the flowers are pretty and the insects love them, but that bed’s on its last legs and needs to be retired. So it all got dug up, and I guess I’m dehydrating a ton of garlic chives this week. And making some Chinese-dumpling style meatballs.

I found what I think are walking onions, too, while I was digging. Definitely had the collapsed stem with the bulbils, and small bulbs. I tossed the bulbils in my other beds for now. They’re very cute, and pretty tasty. Might want to grow some more next year.

so we decided on Chic fil A.
People tell me that it's good, I have yet to eat at one. it's a solid 45 minutes, maybe an hour depending on traffic, to the closest one from me.

I got to play backseat mechanic today. My youngest needed tie rod ends on her Ferd Fusion, and decided she was going to do the job herself,. I chuckled and said OK. tossed her the keys to the shop and said "have at it". Soooo, the adventure began, she opened up the shop and got the car in and got the floor jack and the jack stands around. I went out and copped a squat on my Mac Tools roll around stool. I proceeded to tell her what she needed to do, she followed instructions pretty well for the most part. Getting the front wheels off was her first challenge, The Tire place where she got her new tires at didn't use never-sieze on the aluminum wheel in contact with the steel rotor, they seemed welded on. (if you know, you know), lol.

She went step by step as I guided her and successfully got her tie rod ends installed, got NS on the back side of the wheels. put the wheels back on and tightened everything up..............she even learned how to use a torque wrench!!!

I got to play backseat mechanic today. My youngest needed tie rod ends on her Ferd Fusion, and decided she was going to do the job herself,. I chuckled and said OK. tossed her the keys to the shop and said "have at it". Soooo, the adventure began, she opened up the shop and got the car in and got the floor jack and the jack stands around. I went out and copped a squat on my Mac Tools roll around stool. I proceeded to tell her what she needed to do, she followed instructions pretty well for the most part. Getting the front wheels off was her first challenge, The Tire place where she got her new tires at didn't use never-sieze on the aluminum wheel in contact with the steel rotor, they seemed welded on. (if you know, you know), lol.

She went step by step as I guided her and successfully got her tie rod ends installed, got NS on the back side of the wheels. put the wheels back on and tightened everything up..............she even learned how to use a torque wrench!!!
She can be proud of doing the job and saving a bunch of money!!👍

She can be proud of doing the job and saving a bunch of money!!👍

Plus I got some PaPa / Daughter time, for about the last hour or so we had to keep 3 kids wrangled too, lol.

Been ill for awhile.
Then I decided to unplug for awhile too.
Before I got sick my clothes were size 12 off the rack.
My shirts are still a size 12 off the rack, cause I need to lose the muffin tops still.
But my pants are Dad's size 34 waist Levi 501 or smaller.
Today I comfortably fix in a ladies size 10 pants.
Dad's Levi's are getting baggy.

Been ill for awhile.
Then I decided to unplug for awhile too.
Before I got sick my clothes were size 12 off the rack.
My shirts are still a size 12 off the rack, cause I need to lose the muffin tops still.
But my pants are Dad's size 34 waist Levi 501 or smaller.
Today I comfortably fix in a ladies size 10 pants.
Dad's Levi's are getting baggy.
Hope you are feeling better! Always nice to lose a little weight, but not if it's because you've been sick! But I guess that's the "something good" out of the situation!! Always glad to see you around!!

Latest posts

Back