What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got the brunt of the storm just minutes after 7am this morning. We got a tornado warning just before that then the storm hit us and the sky went BLACK! The girls and I hunkered down in the laundry room with the dogs and 3 of the 4 cats. We lost power minutes after the storm started. Once the warning cleared and the sky was no longer angry we came out. It was still raining hard and the wind was making all the windows shake.

The storm passed and then an hour later we got round 2! No tornado warning this time but it was still violent outside. We were all so exhausted after the adrenaline left our systems the three of us passed out on the couches til noon. The sky cleared and the flooding receded. But still no power. K came home early and we set about getting the camp stoves to cook dinner. I thought they were in the garage and was having issues finding them but turns out K put them in the storage unit. So out to the storage unit we went. We also grabbed subway for dinner and some gas for the generator. We have gas but I wanted another 5 gallons since the power company was estimating we'd be without power until Thursday or Friday.

We got lucky and the power was restored around 6pm but we are expecting to lose it again with the next storm.
I was watching your area!! Good ole east Texas! Crazy all over north central Texas this morning!! Next round is knocking on my door, guess y'all will get it a few hours from now!!

I so agree with you. I just do not understand some people. But one of us/them has started a new forum and is privately inviting others, so when they get their invite, they feel the need to remove themselves from here. Can't be on both places!! :rolleyes:

At PS, there was a member, before my time there, known as Aardvark who decided to make an announcement that he was leaving!!! From then on, when someone else would do the same, announce that they were leaving, they were Aardvarking.

So how many Aardvarks have we had here lately?
I remember Aardvark! What an asshat!

But one could argue that most of us from PS quietly slipped out of there to move over here. Another split was bound to happen.

I was watching your area!! Good ole east Texas! Crazy all over north central Texas this morning!! Next round is knocking on my door, guess y'all will get it a few hours from now!!
That is why I took a shower a few hours ago and am doing my laundry right now. ;)

It's starting to fizzle out, hope you have a quiet night!!
So far I can only hear the frogs and crickets outside. And my neighbors' dog they kicked out for the night. He is whining in his smoker's bark. Poor thing. I hope he has shelter or they bring him in soon.

So far I can only hear the frogs and crickets outside. And my neighbors' dog they kicked out for the night. He is whining in his smoker's bark. Poor thing. I hope he has shelter or they bring him in soon.
Bless his heart, he wants attention not being kicked outside!!

I was part of my tribes team , with chainsaws clearing out downed timber from the tornado . Todays goal was clearing the walking trail that links my house to my daughters house . Mostly done by kids is a trail beat out in places about one foot deep . The trail has a wooden bridge that I built to go over a ditch that carries water after heavy rains . Anyway the hard part of the trail clearing is done and I expect to have it finished tomorrow .

Bless his heart, he wants attention not being kicked outside!!
I will say he isn't kicked out most nights. He does spend a big chunk of his day and night in the house like our own dogs. They just don't have a dog door like we have. (we installed a storm door with a dog door in it already so they can go out when they need to)

Last edited:
Shutting down Early here :

1716956720191.png

Going to the hay rack up against the back wall myself, HEHEHEHEH

As for the The place does not hurt and will not probably if it heals correctly, I learned a long time ago not to do hurt, it is a necessary thing to ignore and continue.
It is just an aggravation to have to tend the place.
If I have to do debride it will just be part of the treatment,
If it starts to be swollen and changes I will have to get something for it.

Going to the hay rack up against the back wall myself, HEHEHEHEH

As for the The place does not hurt and will not probably if it heals correctly, I learned a long time ago not to do hurt, it is a necessary thing to ignore and continue.
It is just an aggravation to have to tend the place.
If I have to do debride it will just be part of the treatment,
If it starts to be swollen and changes I will have to get something for it.
this doesn't sound good at all and I hope things get better. I'm not asking for more information. 🤭

I overdosed on Tomato juice, Looks like I'm getting a free cleanse for my discomfort! I think I dropped ten pounds since noon!

I don't know if your real name is Sonya @sonya123 but I dated a girl many decades ago named Sonya. She was the smallest cutest blonde girl I had ever seen, but was meaner than a junkyard dog and could speak angry German with the fire of centuries of war mongering rage. We could have had many very happy abusive years together before she killed me, but instead I went off to see the world. Not sure what happened to her, and I know it's not you, but when I see your user name from here on out I am going to pretend it is and that your husband is a lucky man. Lucky in love and lucky to be alive. Which I am quite sure he is. ;)

Hope they restore your power soon!
truth, no it is not my real name but my internet name LOL, but my real name is not my real name either ....
And no I am not small cute or blond either LOL

power restoration estimated time keeps getting pushed off into the future, it has now been 3 days
we are probably going to get home to no power

currently sitting in hotel bed having tea. We are about to pack up and head to the airport, last flight and I wished it was over....
Yesterday when the plane was landing one of my ears really hurt probably from the cold I still sort of have and it still feels weird.
Dreading the 5 hour drive after, we might get a motel if we are too tired. The time change going this way is always worse , you gain time, which sounds good but it really isn't because it feels like it is in the middle of the night when you get there and you should be sleeping

one comment: Ryanair gets a bad rep. We had not problems with those flights at all, on time, no problems and cheap. You just need to follow their rules. Pay for things you want upfront and read the details and there is no problems.

some more photos of Dublin, the museum ( it was closed by the time we got there) and some statue lots of people taking photos of Molly Mallone, so I took one too
You made it! hope you had a good time. Laughing at the Molly statue - I haven't seen it in ages, and forgot how shiny parts of her anatomy were from tourists rubbing them ;)

Up and doing COFFEE, AH, I don't know how the world would even work at all without COFFEE.

Needing a good day of fired up to get a lot of grass cut, send a FOX podium 3.0 shock set up out off of the totaled Can Am to be repaired to start the process of building it back as a trail rider.

Still have the garage doors to get insulated, the over garage area floored and the bracing upstairs redone.

I have decided to redo a lot of the upstairs service corridor, it is helter skelter and I like all things service related to be congruent.

Even the venting is twisted here and there and I feel like we could do better with a couple of zone units instead of a car sized monster.

It will all come with the detatched garage build I think, I plan to cover the parking area with a Carport type structure and run the driveway through to the garage/shop.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping out of the storms today, seems like Texas has a storm somewhere every day and needs a break !!

Last edited:
Phone calls to make, digging around in emails, business to straighten out. See if I can find someone to replace my control arms. If you know how to do that you’re saving yourself about $400. Got a few things planted yesterday. Will get some more done today.

coffee n stuff, watching an auction, prolly shouldn't be but there is one thing I really want, if I win that why come home with part of a trailer load??

Phone calls to make, digging around in emails, business to straighten out. See if I can find someone to replace my control arms. If you know how to do that you’re saving yourself about $400. Got a few things planted yesterday. Will get some more done today.
See! I knew you were a bionic woman - Ha, busted. Those control arms must be where they plug into the power source 😁

Was awake during the night so ended up shutting my alarm and falling back to sleep - still awoke before 5AM 😏
Gorgeous morning.
I will quote Ben and say Behave.
Then add to it - and if you can't behave, don't get caught. 😇

We took our visiting daughter to the Cosmosphere...half the exhibits are under construction, so that was a bummer. She still was impressed with the exhibits. We watched the IMAX film about cities of the future that was so woke, it was awful. No way would I live in one of those.

Latest posts

Back