• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 3 stings just in the ankle n a few hours later..my foot n ankle are poofed out.
At least It isn't broken again n just the Rath of yellow jackets..

Attachments

• 20240702_204126.jpg
    20240702_204126.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Then...my hoist bracket almost ripped completely off the frame
The pin part of the bracket was engineered well..the mounting part was underbuilt as well as the lack of heavier steel footing to the frame it sat on.
The millwright was surprised it lasted as long as it did. I told him alot of boeing guys are wondering how some planes are still flying too..
My outfeed rolls are fixed tho..

Attachments

• 20240702_224224.jpg
    20240702_224224.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240702_224254.jpg
    20240702_224254.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
It is 66 sunny and beautiful out. A tad windy but nice temp. I think a high in the 70's ..
I got my bbq upright when I got home this am..found another bee nest in it but it was too cold for them to attack.
Coffee time ..then go water n feed the critters.
It's my friday!! Yea! 4 day weekend!
I'm going to leave early for work..get a few things and except for the pup walks..I'm staying home. I got invited to a BBQ n activities but there will be alot of people there. I'm just not up to big crowds right now..or ever.. even when I'm acquainted n friendly with them all.
It like overload n I need to hole up if I'm not in the mood to people.
I'm going to mow n weed wack behind the barn, play in the garden, pup walk n go sit on top of my property with a cold one n watch the town south of me light up their fireworks n hope my neighbors don't catch our area on fire..

Lol! That will be me tomorrow..will be putting on my running shoes but I'll hit them tonight and when it's cooler..I need more cans..
It get better at the end. Humming " I wish I was an Oscar Myer weiner" while wiring up the high voltage transformer ...

Ben

About 3 stings just in the ankle n a few hours later..my foot n ankle are poofed out.
I know that baking soda mixed with a little water into a paste really helps bug bites for me. They can be stinging and itching until I put some on and then they don't bother me any more. I wonder if that would help with these stings?

but your toe nails look great

I know that baking soda mixed with a little water into a paste really helps bug bites for me. They can be stinging and itching until I put some on and then they don't bother me any more. I wonder if that would help with these stings?
Chew some tobacco and rub the spit on it soon after it happens. Itll draw the venom/sting out of it. Sounds nasty but it works

Had a call from my car insurance company this morning. I hit a deer with my truck on May 17. The repair process was initiated with insurance by midnight that evening. It took a few days to get everything in order and my truck was transported to the local Chevy dealer's collision shop 6 days after the accident.

It has been at the shop since then. Every communication begins with "We found some more damages and need more parts". They just now discovered that the radiator was damaged, after originally telling me it was fine. I could see it was damaged on the night of the accident! The damn deer went all the way through the front of the truck and struck it, flattening the cooling fins and leaving chunks of deer on it. Now they have to wait for a new radiator to be delivered.

The dealership's sales manager is an old friend of mine from my college days. I was reluctant to get him involved since this isn't his department, but I finally called and asked him to lean on the repair manager. If there are any more issues I'm going to the owner and to Chevrolet corporate. There's no reason for there to be undiscovered damage after 5 weeks in the shop. I am livid...

Had a call from my car insurance company this morning. I hit a deer with my truck on May 17. The repair process was initiated with insurance by midnight that evening. It took a few days to get everything in order and my truck was transported to the local Chevy dealer's collision shop 6 days after the accident.

It has been at the shop since then. Every communication begins with "We found some more damages and need more parts". They just now discovered that the radiator was damaged, after originally telling me it was fine. I could see it was damaged on the night of the accident! The damn deer went all the way through the front of the truck and struck it, flattening the cooling fins and leaving chunks of deer on it. Now they have to wait for a new radiator to be delivered.

The dealership's sales manager is an old friend of mine from my college days. I was reluctant to get him involved since this isn't his department, but I finally called and asked him to lean on the repair manager. If there are any more issues I'm going to the owner and to Chevrolet corporate. There's no reason for there to be undiscovered damage after 5 weeks in the shop. I am livid...
Do they provide loaners while your vehicle is in the shop? Car trouble can be so difficult and frustrating, especially when you are just waiting with no transportation. They need a new appraiser.

I needed the gear in my KitchenAid replaced. First it was one thing, then another. Eventually, it was $300 to replace a plastic gear that was about the size of a quarter. I was not happy! I told the shop owner that I could have bought a new one for that price!! He tried to tell me it would be $600 to buy a new one! NO it wouldn't! I've told everyone I know not to take anything there to get repaired.

we have an extra building we put ours in until they no longer need the heat lamp. They are in these wooden boxes you can stack that were here when we got here with a window screen on top with a block holding it in place so nothing can eat them when they are tiny

ours just went out yesterday to the chicken tractor, and husband promptly left the gate open and the dogs escaped....
( the livestock dogs, they do that if a door is left open) . Son found them at the neighbors and put them back in
We have a separate brooder house too, but we use heat plates. They don't do as good as heat lamps, but take far less electric.

Last edited:
As a Kid back on the Farm, used to make Mud patty's and cover the Stings, worked berry berry well...!!! :lightbulb:

Do they provide loaners while your vehicle is in the shop? Car trouble can be so difficult and frustrating, especially when you are just waiting with no transportation. They need a new appraiser.

I needed the gear in my KitchenAid replaced. First it was one thing, then another. Eventually, it was $300 to replace a plastic gear that was about the size of a quarter. I was not happy! I told the shop owner that I could have bought a new one for that price!! He tried to tell me it would be $600 to buy a new one! NO it wouldn't! I've told everyone I know not to take anything there to get repaired.
After the accident I discovered that unfortunately my insurance policy, which is through Progressive, does not cover a rental during repairs if the claim is a "Comp" claim. If it had been a collision claim, they would. Deer strikes are considered Comp claims. The dealership does not offer loaners during repairs.

I'm pretty sure I deserve some sort of medal of valor or something. I could have died this morning. I had to go to Wmart 😧 I go before work so there are fewer morons. When I go, I have a list and go from point A to point B and leave ASAP. This morning I entered the gates of that H311 to discover they are rearranging the whole store so moving shelves and widening isles. There was stuff on carts all over. One of the items I needed was a memory foam for the trailer. In my haste to escape the labyrinth, I forgot to try to find it. After I made it to work and realized it, I looked online and the magic computer showed that Marshall's had them. I have never been in that store but figured it couldn't possibly be worse than Wmart so decided to go there. They only had twin sized. So I went to Ross which is right next to it (they are sorta the same thing - weird). No luck there either. So I braved up and went back to Wmart and got the last queen sized one they had and left. I have smelled more stinky perfumes and waited for more meanderers than I care to mention. I'm pretty sure I deserve the next 4 days off to recuperate 😉
Have a great Independence Day y'all.

Pup survived his last vet visit in this shot series, but they gave him a duplicate rabies shot. The tech didn't log it right that he had it a few weeks ago. Bummer. But he seems ok. Weighs almost 20 lbs. Getting some housework done today, and talking to son who is working on framing the inside of his school bus.

I'm pretty sure I deserve some sort of medal of valor or something. I could have died this morning. I had to go to Wmart 😧 I go before work so there are fewer morons. When I go, I have a list and go from point A to point B and leave ASAP. This morning I entered the gates of that H311 to discover they are rearranging the whole store so moving shelves and widening isles. There was stuff on carts all over. One of the items I needed was a memory foam for the trailer. In my haste to escape the labyrinth, I forgot to try to find it. After I made it to work and realized it, I looked online and the magic computer showed that Marshall's had them. I have never been in that store but figured it couldn't possibly be worse than Wmart so decided to go there. They only had twin sized. So I went to Ross which is right next to it (they are sorta the same thing - weird). No luck there either. So I braved up and went back to Wmart and got the last queen sized one they had and left. I have smelled more stinky perfumes and waited for more meanderers than I care to mention. I'm pretty sure I deserve the next 4 days off to recuperate 😉
Have a great Independence Day y'all.
I feel that way EVERY time I go to walmart
at least you didn't have a panic attack

Did too much again today. I need a vacation

baked a cake, made pita bread, made hummus, cut off some grape leaves ( having greek food tomorrow, I know...not typical 4th food but I don't care for burgers all that much )
cleaned the entire house, put clean sheets on the bed in the extra room, washed dog blankets and couch covers too, plus just got done planting some more green beans and collards ( transplanting from pots to garden). I sure hope they survive this time. I cheated and put insect stuff on the tiny plants plus rabbit repellent

husband is still out taking care of the animals, sure hope nobody gets stuck tonight, did not fix the fence, there was just no time

hope everyone has a good 4th

Did too much again today. I need a vacation
NO MORE VACATIONS...last time you took one you nearly died multiple times....lost money...got c-19 and was sick for weeks.....oh and gained 5 pounds god forbid....vacation shouldnt be in your vocabulary now....you get the next one after you hit 70....roflmao

As I drove into the hood today coming home I had to creep along. A hot, confused deer was not sure of where to go. Back and forth across the road.103 degrees, some shade, 6 p.m. Probably looking for a cooler spot. There are none. When it’s over 100 it is hot everywhere.
Watered and fed the squirrels and birds.

NO MORE VACATIONS...last time you took one you nearly died multiple times....lost money...got c-19 and was sick for weeks.....oh and gained 5 pounds god forbid....vacation shouldnt be in your vocabulary now....you get the next one after you hit 70....roflmao
that wasn't a vacation that did NOT count!!! That was visiting relatives LOL
but LOL, yeah....don't remind me

Latest posts

Back