What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grill is lit, beef and deer burgers are happening soon! Hubby is going to take a couple burgers to the older lady he works for a lot! She has a friend coming for a couple hours this afternoon so they'll have burgers and also sending some watermelon their way!! Got A LOT done around here this morning, big nap later! Saw the baby deer that was hung in the fence. She and her mom are lounging by the edge of the woods!

Made waffles from scratch and used the Griswolds on the stove. Didn’t burn or bugger a single one, great start to the morning. Crispy bacon. Vultures swooped in and devoured them with a healthy amount of small batch maple syrup. Took a walk, drinking some coffee, played in the garden. I need to make a berry gratin for the barbecue later today. Might do a little tree trimming. Maybe read a book.

Oh yeah some unfinished Business, @hashbrown The entire package in the picture looks GREAT, you are living the dream!!!!

@Amish Heart I hope you are taking care of yourself sounds like you are still wide open.

Grandson, SIL, his Dad and little princess are going fishing at a backwoods pond full of fish today they should be back by 1pm and i am ready to see how fired up she will be if she caught a fish.

We are just roaming and checking out all of the things we usually do on the 4th this afternoon.

May GOD bless all of the families who have been involved in the struggle to keep at least the level of freedom we have now.

It is always an honor to shake the hand of anyone who has worn the uniform of our country no matter where they served or what their job was.

OF all the online salute gifs of entertainers I think this one is more from the heart.
1720112633413.gif

Of my fathers family, every male served from his generation in the family served and all but one are gone.

In mine only two of us did any service.
I don't call my NG time Veteran service even though some of us were activated ( not me) I never was in a war theatre.

I've been on vacation ( holiday for the UK crowd on here ) . I haven't gad a phone signal most of the week . We came to town today to pick up a few more fireworks and some grilling supplies for the 4th . First time I've been online this week .
Hope you had a good vacation! It's nice to be away from technology for a bit!

.I've decided I'm not going to mow or do any real physical work on the homestead today.
I'm tired n sore from last night..
I'm going to honor the holiday by giving myself a break. Enjoy some rug making n reading and gardening this evening n be grateful that I can still have that choice at least.

We had a good rain all night, so things are nice and wet out still for tonight's fireworks. Animal chores down, a few elm trees starts taken down, although I need to get the saws all out for some of the bigger ones. They get invasive. Grow where I don't want them. Wind/sun tarping came down on one of the bigger turkey areas, so got that repaired. Finished lunch, working on coffee, then starting potato salad. Husband wants to take a ranger ride, so we'll do that, too, and take the pup on his first ride. Hip and back did not wake me up for the first time in months, last night. Husband did, though, up twice. Have cut my OTC pain stuff in half.

I stopped for coffee, now I am torn between honoring independence day by not going back out, or remembering how long it took to recover from Canada Day, and just get back to fixin' junk

Happy July 4th US... Happy Canada Day July 1st...
I guess you could say I'm having a ...Yogi Bear... day... Sleep till noon, then raid the fridge.. Predicted rain started a bit ago.. So will just make brats and beans inside and relax some more.. Fireworks show in the park by the river last night was nice..

Levi the neighbor boy just came over to check out our supply of fireworks, and he is super excited. I am surprised he has any of his left. Ha Ha. Anyway, he will be over tonight for smores and maybe bring his dad, who is an odd duck, but we like him ok. And the other neighbors with their three kids that I just love.
Rowdy the pup enjoyed his first Ranger ride all around the area. He is now pooped out and taking a nap. He is snapping out of being pretty messed up last night after his double immunization goof. Poor pup.

Levi the neighbor boy just came over to check out our supply of fireworks, and he is super excited. I am surprised he has any of his left. Ha Ha. Anyway, he will be over tonight for smores and maybe bring his dad, who is an odd duck, but we like him ok. And the other neighbors with their three kids that I just love.
Rowdy the pup enjoyed his first Ranger ride all around the area. He is now pooped out and taking a nap. He is snapping out of being pretty messed up last night after his double immunization goof. Poor pup.

So one of the kids that live on the property next to mine is named Levi. Just thought it was kind of funny that we both have neighbor kids named Levi. Maybe you live on the other side of him!

I only know his name because one time he stood at my gate and threw rocks over the fence at the building until I came out. Then he asked if I lived here or what the place was for. I told him I lived here and he replied "my dad thinks you make drugs". Then he asked if I had any kids, I said no and he walked away. His parents came back with him later to make him apologize. That is one of only two times I have spoke with my neighbors and its going on about 4 years now since I bought the place.

Ha Ha. Nope. You'd be living in an amish community, although Levi is not amish, nor are his parents. Most of our neighbors are. Levi is an almost 12 yr old terror. The sherrif has been out so many times for him, it's crazy. If he's off his meds, then all hell breaks lose. He was adopted...a black drug baby, and his parents are older than I am. His sis was adopted, too, and she's very normal, she's 17. She just texted and said she may be over, too. She's a sweet girl. We feed Levi alot of his meals. They have food at home, but it's frozen junk, and he likes home cooked. If you lived on the other side of Levi, your name would be Charlie, your wife would be Melissa, and you have way too many cows for the five acres you have. But you'd be a nice man.

^^^ I'm Laughing at Your last sentence and I'm :( about what Levi has to go through... I Know in Me heart of Hearts You are Good People, Much ❤️ to You and Yours...!!!

Went to Quad Cities AL just to buzz some stores and look at a few land and water vehicles

I hate to let the last of the new Challengers go out the door without getting one There is a SubLime green TA for sale at a good price, and a Scat Pack ALL BLACK at a little less,

I guess I will just get another 3500 4wd dually truck with the HO Cummins and Aisin to pay 800 fr a service on every 10,000. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GOOSE!!!!

Anyway family fourth tomorrow, some are working today and tonight.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!

You wide open working girls take a little JOY break for yourselves!!!

Hard ankles Have a beer and do something constructive!!! HEHEHEHEH.

Thursday July 4th 2024

What a good for nothing day...well big part of it ;)
Too warm and too humid

I was feeling almost *useless* except for Cats and Dane Girl
Dane Girl went out only for her *needs*
Slept on her bed with fan and AC the rest of the day almost
She got up for her meals
Cats were quiet too
Probably my face was like BIDEN face today 😂

I wonder why cant I support warm temperature :dunno:
I never did ... and some people are all happy when its warm :rolleyes:

Anyway...just had a very nice bath with fans and AC
Sipping a red wine 🍷
And hope I will sleep fast when I will be in bed

Really hope you all enjoy your 4TH OF JULY :happyfourth:
Hope Trump will be your 2024 President guys!!!!

Good night soon ......... 😉

Oh ! that I miss that ...I would take 12 months of that 🤗

Oh, we've stayed up too late but had a great time. Levi, his sis, and his dad came over with a bunch of fireworks to add to our bunch. Our other neighbors and their three kids came over. We had smores and more than 2 hrs of fireworks. It was great fun. It was announced that little granddaughter and Levi pickup the mess in the morning. Hmmm. Ha Ha. Little granddaughter has farmer's mkt tomorrow afternoon, too, and she has some paintings ready to sell. And hopefully we can catch the last of the kittens to bring. There are four. They are elusive. I heard that there's a revival of sorts, pot luck, and conservative talk tomorrow evening with hotdogs, home made ice cream, and watermelon in our little town. That is interesting.

Hello, Sorry for not being attentive but I have been burning candles on both ends and the middle
I stopped doing everything and focused all my attention on a truck build. 10 hour , 16 hour days in the Mississippi heat wrenching and smelling oil
Here is the latest "true" news
Truck left the shop last week and was test drove for a couple hundred miles
Junk yard tranny slips in first gear
Replacement by others on thecway
Ac, everything replaced but the compressor
Front suspension. Replaced idler and pitman arms and sway bars
Front hubs cleaned and repacked
Brakes front and back no need to repkace
Motor flushed oil twicw
Differential oil changed
New tank fuel
Sensing unit and injectors
New tires
This pulled in behind me last Friday night
And it sounds just as pretty as it looks

View attachment 156784View attachment 156785
Frodo!!!!!! :huggs:That is a beautiful vehicle! It's so good to see you posting again!
Weapons free on raccoons, they completely destroyed the cat food shelter.......

View attachment 156786
Redacted raccoons! :p

So, long story short, the guys who worked on my pump didn't secure stuff back together right and the pipes blew apart on the inlet side of the pump. I cooked my hand a bit trying to force them back together but they wouldn't stay together. Poured cool water from bottled water onto my hand for a bit to stop the cooking process. It is still slightly sore but is OK. No visual signs of damage.

Scheduled curbside pickup for some fittings to fix the plumbing. Pipes are together for now but won't stay if pump is running so its off. Somehow got the canula bent trying to put a new one on Mom for her insulin pump. I think the applicator held it at a slight angle instead of straight and she said "Ow" but I didn't think much of it. She woke me up screaming at me just before 4am saying her blood sugar showed as "high" and wasn't going down and the pump didn't seem to be working. I convinced her to let me remove the canula and replace it. I could see it didn't go in straight and there was insulin sitting under the patch on top of her skin. Got a new one on and it seems to have worked. She said this time she could feel when the insulin went in (mild burning sensation). Will see if her sugar comes down, but man I'm tired. Slightly nauseous too. Hope I'm not coming down with something.

Didn't do anything yesterday but rest, feed kitties, and try to fix plumbing and cook for Mom. Got a mild headache now and am going to try to get back to sleep for a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well.

getting started early , plan on going to the lake early before everyone else gets there and we don't get a parking spot and it gets too hot

Then have to pick up son's car

then cook lunch

Amish: grandbaby loved our Ranger too! She didn't want to get off it ( she is one and a half LOL)

no extra work getting done today either, I guess I am getting my mini vacation! At least I don't have to go very far LOL, the lake is in the farmer's market town so about close to an hour away but everything is here

Got up, worked out and said screw it and grabbed my coffee early. Sitting on the patio with my laptop and a mug while the sounds of nature lure me back to sleep. Hopefully the caffeine kicks in soon so I can get in some cardio on the trail. Then its chore time and eventually I have to take a shower. Have a dinner date tonight so I should probably go smelling good. I always look good so that's never an issue. ;)

Latest posts

Back