What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Animal chores for the morning anyway. Husband's ID Doc is out today, so they are still deciding what to do with him. Super hot today, so I'll need to redo animal water and cool them all down in a few hrs. Water soaking the garden. Otherwise I'll get some house cleaning done until I hear that we have to go to the bigger town today. We'll see.

You & misses feeling any better? Did they figure out what is going on with her?
Me, mostly. Back is still messed up. Dr appt Wed. Most likely have therapy coming up. Wife is some better. We've both got more Dr appts scheduled. We'll get thru it I do believe.
Thanks for checking on us

You got the Friday Fives!! 😉
I got 4. So far so good.
Maybe tomorrow on 2 for Tuesday I’ll come up the 5th and a bonus question.

Anyway, I had some fun at another site replying to a braindead liberal…. Post was removed and I got a warning for flamebaiting. Damn snowflakes and snowflake mods…..

:D

Last edited:
Working on the deck and the walkway today. I started dumping gravel around the base of the deck and putting on the skirting. I'm using the redwood skirting that I pulled off the existing deck. The rest of the redwood will be delivered on Wednesday. I'll try posting a picture tomorrow.
Tomorrow I'm going down south to buy a new battery for the well pump generator. I looked at a stock trailer yesterday. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow. It's only a 16' bumper pull, but it's 2 years old and the price is right. The seller said that he's only put 150 miles on it. It'll serve my purpose just fine. If I need anything bigger I'll hire a cattle hauler.

iu

I got 4. So far so good.
Maybe tomorrow on 2 for Tuesday I’ll come up the 5th and a bonus question.

Anyway, I had some fun at another site replying to a braindead liberal…. Post was removed and I got a warning for flamebaiting. Damn snowflakes and snowflake mods…..

:D
Wel, just stay here, HOME!!

Wiped out all day, expected. Hunting plants saturday in the heat took a toll. I still managed to process the yellowroot I did find. Made tincture, about a pint and a half (was hoping for at least a gallon). I have a bowl of jalapenos in the fridge someone brought me. Didn't get around to putting those in the dehydrator yet, maybe tomorrow.

My cousin who farm joins mine on one side called yesterday. She's been trying to grow herbal medicines. Wants to go with me next time I go hunting plants. Another convert! 😁

Waving my youngest off on her first solo trip- shes going to a trad festival to teach music and play. Then it'll be the usual chores - had visitors till late last night - says a lot about the weather when the first night we sit out isn't until July! I see my gooseberries are ready for picking, and husband got a new 'toy' a hedge strimmer that seems to be the Rambo of strimmers, so I've a lot of trimmings to pick up :)
I'm also on the hunt for new chickens and plan on another edit of my dissertation before sending it to my supervisor for a final review. I think I'm finished! But he might ask me to add something.

today dentist ( just cleaning and stuff) and shopping. Son is coming along he has an appointment also and hasn't been to the dentist in years, I finally made him an appointment and told him he is going . Hopefully there are no holes

Will try again to stay under $100 at the grocery store. Will probably drive to the bigger town to go to Aldi .
Husband is taking care of the animals

Going to get my truck back from the dealer. Driving home will be the first time in 2 years that I have a speedometer, in 1 year actually knowing how much gas in the tank. Whole new instrument cluster, fuel pump, sensor and the hardware that goes with it. By the time I dropped it off at the dealer it also needed a new taillight bulb. When the service consultant called to let me know it was ready, she told me it also came in $150 less than the quote.

Waving my youngest off on her first solo trip- shes going to a trad festival to teach music and play. Then it'll be the usual chores - had visitors till late last night - says a lot about the weather when the first night we sit out isn't until July! I see my gooseberries are ready for picking, and husband got a new 'toy' a hedge strimmer that seems to be the Rambo of strimmers, so I've a lot of trimmings to pick up :)
I'm also on the hunt for new chickens and plan on another edit of my dissertation before sending it to my supervisor for a final review. I think I'm finished! But he might ask me to add something.
I just run over those with the Mower...!!! :lightbulb:

Good luck on your Drs trip @Amish Heart I got some antibiotics and am pretty good today going to do the exercise spirometer ten times, three times a day for a few days or weeks till I can max it out again.

Gonna get back to the daily mile or more In the house if its too hot outside.

About cell phone 2500 steps in a mile, a lot of days even though I don't carry my phone much it would have 7500 on it. Right now it shows about 1200 a day but is on the kitchen counter most of the day some days it has about 100 because it almost never leaves the counter.

Hot, Ha! What do you call hot, Mt Trapper?

Not sure what today brings, probably a medical trip into the bigger town. I do know I need to get off my butt and get chores going.
86 degs is a very hot day for us here. The highest temp so far this year on the ranch was 92. We've had to run the AC 3 times this summer, for about 3 hours.
The last couple days were in the upper 70's.

Usual breakfast this morning.. Coffee and a banana.. Will have another coffee for good measure.. Will make sun tea in the fridge for this evening.. Today is last post op appointment for cataract surgery.. Senior day 40% discount at the thrift store.. Later this afternoon there will be 3 farmers markets open.. Tylenol and coffee will keep me going..

Where I was in the far north as well as here, anything over 60F, 15C is considered ...hot... We have had only 1 day at 90F and only ran the AC a couple hours.. All keep safe..

A friend gave me a bowl of jalapenos. Decided to check my pepper plants in the garden. Turns out I had another bowl of jalapenos on my plants. So I got them all sliced and in the dehydrator, 4 trays. That should cover my needs for the next year.

Still need cayennes though so I made a couple calls this morning, folks I know who go to the farmers market in the big town each week. They'll buy me cayennes if available.

Thunder storm happening now, power went off about 5min but came back on. It's a muddy mess outside so I think I'll take a nap! 😁

Usual breakfast this morning.. Coffee and a banana.. Will have another coffee for good measure.. Will make sun tea in the fridge for this evening.. Today is last post op appointment for cataract surgery.. Senior day 40% discount at the thrift store.. Later this afternoon there will be 3 farmers markets open.. Tylenol and coffee will keep me going..

Where I was in the far north as well as here, anything over 60F, 15C is considered ...hot... We have had only 1 day at 90F and only ran the AC a couple hours.. All keep safe..
How so, Got a Window in it for the Sun to Shine in...?!?

back from shopping and dentist, and already made and had lunch. Dentist went ok, my regular one was not there but I was just having a cleaning done but my crown I got last month was bothering me chewing and the dentist there ( a nice Vietnamese lady, first time I have ever had a female dentist ) fixed my problem. There was a high spot on the crown and she had to grind a little off . Working ok now. But she told me what the other dentist already told me last time, the tooth right above the one with the crown on top, will also need one "soon" . It's on it's last leg, no more filling can be done....I told her it needs to last until next year

Son did ok also, for not having gone to the dentist in almost 10 years. He has 2 small cavities that need filling.

Shopping did not stay under $100...lol, more like $250 but we got a ton of stuff, got a pork loin and some chicken at the Aldi since our chickens are not grown yet, got stuff at walmart Aldi didn't have. Nobody has lemons again. What is it with lemons this year???
I actually went to one of the dollar stores also , don't ask me which kind, for cleaning supplies. They are super cheap there, we will see if it works. Going to use the dish soap today. So we filled up the truck, 2 large coolers and the backseat was full

It is really hot again today probably 90 and I still have dishes to do

I am back. it
Going grocery shopping ..have a nice day
Finally there was no traffic on the highway on my way
a bit more on my way back on highway
almost nobody on backroad to drive to my place

Now everything is in pantry ..in freezer...and in the fridge
Dane Girl 🐶 had her *lunch meal* she was happy

Now I need to drink a coffee or a tea ☕

So nice to be back in the cold

Latest posts

Back