What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How so, Got a Window in it for the Sun to Shine in...?!?
(Sun tea)..... No... Just put the tea bag in the container with faucet hot water.. Let it sit on the counter 1-2 hours the overnight in the fridge..

Tuesday farmers markets... Got a loaf of sourdough bread that is supposed to be ..Bavarian German... style.. It is better than I've found in a long time, but still not the ...Yukon... style I used to get.. Got local tomatoes, but they still are not at peak.. Also very early local sweet corn.. Again, it will be better when it peaks..

Yeah, I'm a Country Boy, I Know what "Sun Tea" is...!!!

1721168689603.png

Lemons are Optional :thumbs:

Today I had a bone density scan. They measure to see how tall you are. Years ago I was 5’10”. Then I was 4’11” for many years. Today I measured 4’10”. Pretty soon I think I’m going to just disappear. 😩
How in the .... .... did You lose a Foot...?!?

A friend gave me a bowl of jalapenos. Decided to check my pepper plants in the garden. Turns out I had another bowl of jalapenos on my plants. So I got them all sliced and in the dehydrator, 4 trays. That should cover my needs for the next year.

Still need cayennes though so I made a couple calls this morning, folks I know who go to the farmers market in the big town each week. They'll buy me cayennes if available.

Thunder storm happening now, power went off about 5min but came back on. It's a muddy mess outside so I think I'll take a nap! 😁
Our peppers are slow this year. I planted, but the pup kept digging them up and he ate the plastic name tags so I kept sticking the plants back in the ground. Now, I have no idea which peppers are planted where. Figure we'll find out as they produce 🤪 Some didn't survive, some did. Tomatoes seem a little slow also. Have only picked two Anaheim peppers so far. Will see how the garden does this year.

Went to visit favorite cousin, so sat and talked with her, her daughter, two granddaughters, and our little granddaughter caught up with her cousins there, so fun for all. She's taking the train Thursday with her daughter and family up to Indiana for a week. Glad to see her window AC unit was running (off solar) so we didn't die in this heat while visiting. Ha. She stopped taking the newspaper so she wanted to know what was going on in the world. But she really doesn't want to know.

(Sun tea)..... No... Just put the tea bag in the container with faucet hot water.. Let it sit on the counter 1-2 hours the overnight in the fridge..

Tuesday farmers markets... Got a loaf of sourdough bread that is supposed to be ..Bavarian German... style.. It is better than I've found in a long time, but still not the ...Yukon... style I used to get.. Got local tomatoes, but they still are not at peak.. Also very early local sweet corn.. Again, it will be better when it peaks..
I bet you would like my bread....it's authentic German LOL

@winds-of-change My mother had Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, she did the same thing, her entire skeletal frame shrank as her bones got smaller her wrist were about the size of my thumb and forefinger.
I hope you are able to maintain as much as you can with the newer technology they have now she has been gone for nearly 15 years and did not stay in a wheelchair for long she would not park in a handicapped space either, she was as stubborn as the rest of my family and went for it!!!.
Love and prayers!!!!

Been out and about today traveling the highways watching the PoPo snag a few unsuspecting souls that were pushing the envelope.

Did not find much to buy so just burned some gas and looked at some vehicles of all types.
Never can decide what to buy when I see it

The Challengers are fun I always liked them BUT they are not real road racers because of the Rear end breakaway under power in a turn.

The Charger has better rear stability and I REALLY LIKE THE SCAT PACK 392s with the Wide Body Dress package.

I May just go for a four row Global Custom van for trips and a Cheap Race Camaro to add to the collection.
Got a line on a 500 hp kit, trans, diffs and carbon fiber axles for the Can Am Maverick trying to find a frame builder to fab a heavier Chrome molly frame.

I am thinking of trying SRG at Grant, Alabama.

They can build any type of high performance frame you think you need They do Tri Five Chevys and Camaros, Mustangs >>>>>

You do not have to worry about something they build you it will fit and stand What you tell them you want plus some.

Its Friday July 12th 2024

I have no clue why I feel a tiny bit of sadness inside of me
I was feeling that way mostly all day

Maybe its the weather..
Maybe I cant wait to have my new lawnmower
Maybe the Summer Season
Maybe I am simply tired with a headache

Oh well! :rolleyes:
A good night sleep will probably help

Now 62f outside but 90% humidity
AC and fans are working 24/24

Anyway on a positive note *my babies are here with me* 🥰

Be cozy, relax and sleep well !!!!! :)

How did You make out with getting a New Mower...?!?

How did You make out with getting a New Mower...?!?
Nothing yet.........I went back to talk in person to the manager
Anyway he have copy of the mower paperwork

He said I will get my money $$$ back .. in a week top from the company

Something is sure I will not get another lawnmower from their store again

I am shopping to find a good one that last more than 1 year :rolleyes:
George is trying to find a good one for me as well !

while we are on oil burning mowers, I bought a Briggs and stratton powered used mower because it had quick adjust wheels, payed the same for the complete mower as just the adjuster would cost, came witha rear bag, handy for helping with weed seed a bit. Long story longer, once in a while it will burn some oil on start up smokey stinky , it oil. the next 5 starts nice and clean, then a stinks show, I would also like to find the idiot that cam up with the kill the engine if you let go thing, mind yer own crap nanny mutants,
Any way I will run it til it blows up, prolly never and enjoy the quick adjust wheels.

Do they Know what is Wrong with the One You had/have...?!?
The guy said it is not the first time with that brand
it dont last more than 1 year ...
I am not the only one who had a problem
He dont know what the problem but he knows that that mower is done

George said ...that mower is dead and crap
he did look at it ...he said no way to repair

If they dont take it back I will send it to metal recycling
I was Thinking that if You get to keep it, taking the motor off, You could, should n would have a Nice Little Roll along cart for the workings in Your Yard...

that is a good plan, a rolling garden stool, and if you have friends over, a adult beverage games device, til somebody gets hurt

Been snoozing off n on since after work n chores. It's hard to get a solid sleep in this heat.
This hasn't happened in awhile, I woke up completely disoriented after one of the naps.
For a second didn't know where I was..then I realized I was home but it took longer for me to figure out what day /time it was. For longer than it should have I thought I slept all night n half the morning away and missed my 4am wake up to work.
I was all out of sorts. I had to find my phone n check.
I used to do that alot when I traveled more. Especially if I woke up at night, I'd have moments where I had no idea where I was or what day it was, was I in my tent ? Or a hotel, house? I'd have where the heck am I moments alot.
It's a weird feeling, often it is my dog that grounded me to when n where I am. Today both my pups were outside because it was cooler in the shade in back ..so I was lost for a few b4 my wits woke n caught up to my auto pilot.
It's cooling off nice now so back to sleep for a few hours untill it's time to get up. 4am comes quick.

Latest posts

Back