What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up about 3am thinking hubby was in his closet getting dressed to leave. Not the closest door he opened but the window 🙄. Didn’t really get back to sleep. I actually sat and read for a little bit this morning 😍. Then I went out and got busy pulling weeds and grass in the front garden bed. As I was a vole ran over my foot 😡. Wretched little buggers. Came in, showered and went to church ⛪️. Then back home and fixed dinner (lunch): lemon garlic pork chops on the grill with green beans and homemade sourdough bread. We walked down to the river and picked blackberries. I have a cobbler in the oven. Oh and the ironing is staring at me 😒. Make it stop 😂. Sure a nice day.

I just had a huge bowl of veggie soup..cooked in the sun oven all day..omg was it good. It will be my dinner all week.

I finished my latest rug. So..the idea was a fall fun Halloween themed rug. As I'm halfway through I'm realizing I should have used black and not purple. So instead of undoing it , I just thought well..let's see.

As I was done , I'm thinking holy smokes , that is one ugly rug..lol..

But against the floor here it actually doesn't look too bad..it's different. Definitely a oddball but ..it's flashy maybe..

Almost forgot..on the pup walk I found a little caterpillar nest in a tree..a few dozen of these little guys all snuggly in their silky universe..

It looked pretty cool..

Attachments

• 20240818_162845.jpg
    20240818_162845.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240818_171450.jpg
    20240818_171450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240818_112221.jpg
    20240818_112221.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I just had a huge bowl of veggie soup..cooked in the sun oven all day..omg was it good. It will be my dinner all week.

I finished my latest rug. So..the idea was a fall fun Halloween themed rug. As I'm halfway through I'm realizing I should have used black and not purple. So instead of undoing it , I just thought well..let's see.

As I was done , I'm thinking holy smokes , that is one ugly rug..lol..

But against the floor here it actually doesn't look too bad..it's different. Definitely a oddball but ..it's flashy maybe..

Almost forgot..on the pup walk I found a little caterpillar nest in a tree..a few dozen of these little guys all snuggly in their silky universe..

It looked pretty cool..
What do you wanna bet if you lined up your rugs for sale, that would be one of the first ones to go. Perfect for Halloween 🎃 You do such a good job! Nice and even.

Filled a cart at Aldi and got it put away. Figured out the new bread maker and finally got the loaf of three grain bread I made out. Thumbs up by husband and little granddaughter. Mix of bread flour, wheat flour, and rye flour. Molasses for the sugar for the yeast, some milk and dough enhancer. I'll try another recipe tomorrow. Led to discussions to husband about how yeast bread is made. I've always done it by hand, and he's wondered why it takes so long. Now he knows. Ha Ha.

Got woke up at 5 this morning, something in the chicken coop. They were going ape. Got up and made my way there. Found a possum inside the coop. Got him with a .22. Back to bed and try to wind down. Finally woke up about noon. Got up and messed around a bit, showered. Parents came over for a visit. brought some fruit, peanuts, and some stuff to go with supper. Wife made her stuff and we had a nice meal. Had a great visit. They are both worried about me and tryin to help is out any way they can. I hate putting them thru all this crap.

Well the weekend is over. I got up early to do a little work work... The wife has another Dr's appointment this morning :( . Unfortunately I have a call scheduled for just after that, I may have to take it in the car. We are taking extra precautions to avoid the problems we had last week... I don't need to deal with anymore EMTs...

The weather is about to change here and I am hoping to get some fall garden stuff in before it's too late (it's almost too late now).

Yesterday we got 3 inches of rain in under an hour, I thought the gutters were clogged, but they were just overwhelmed by the rain and wind.

Probably more cleaning around here. Company coming in two days. Little granddaughter's bday on Friday. Lots to do. May tackle the big porch, that really needs a clean up. Will try another recipe in the bread maker. Husband likes darker bread, nuts and oats in it, little granddaughter likes honey wheat, I like them all.

Took Dad to the urologist yesterday and now I have to make an appointment for a CT scan on Sept. 10 and he'll have another cystoscopy on Sept. 12. All of this is to see if the tumor had grown back. It was a high-grade tumor (not so good). They are aggressive but don't always return after removal. If it hasn't grown back then he's in for regular CT scans/cystoscopes to monitor any return. If it did return, then it will be removed with a bit more of the bladder wall and we get to see an oncologist to discuss next steps. Dr. told us there are many options if that happens.

Woke up with a lady in my bed, watched her climb out and start getting her clothing together so she could get dressed. I said "leave the money on the dresser" which got me a dirty look then a chuckle before she climbed back in for a minute or two. Not even 10 minutes later I got a call from the law firm, seems I am working today and have to report in by 11am. Hard to say what the day will hold from that point on.

Just watched the youngest manfolk drive off to start his junior year of high school. Drinking some coffee and working on some data analysis for work that is tedious and annoying but necessary. I’m hoping that it’s cool enough for taking the dog walking at lunch. It’s getting pretty dark for before work walks. Missed a lot of walks this summer between the heat and the smoke!

Power went out before 2am. Didn't come back on until almost 9am. Ups battery drained so pc won't turn on. Went into town around 6am to get food and look for downed lines. No lines appeared down. Got food and fed mom. Waiting to take bro to d4 appointment later. Using phone to type and I suck at it.

Got enough lumber to only build about half of the trusses for the new coop. I'll put up what I can today. Then I'll put the new belts on the truck. Later today we'll take the new Python out and blast a few rounds. Tomorrow I'll go down south and pick up the rest of the lumber and siding to finish the new meat chicken coop. The ground is too dry to dig post holes so I'll put the chicken run in next spring.

Woke up with a lady in my bed, watched her climb out and start getting her clothing together so she could get dressed. I said "leave the money on the dresser" which got me a dirty look then a chuckle before she climbed back in for a minute or two. Not even 10 minutes later I got a call from the law firm, seems I am working today and have to report in by 11am. Hard to say what the day will hold from that point on.
Your Weekend would have been Better if it Started on Friday Evening/Night instead of Sunday Evening... :facepalm:

I did my running around & just finished. I made a circle, first to the glass place to order a small piece of mirror for our cabinet, then walmart for 4 things & lastly the water place to fill up our jugs. Drove into the driveway & my wife said they called, & the mirror is ready, DAMN! Unloaded & off I went to get the mirror. Back inside I see that they have a "heat advisory" here so it's a normal day. In a week our temps are predicted to drop all the way down to 96 degrees. I want to be a weatherman here, prediction....hot, tomorrow...hot....a 1% chance of rain thrown out there every time a cloud blows withing 50 miles. I "should" work on my yard sprinklers but one of them that I would have to work on is in the sun. I think that's a tomorrow job. OH & I also raked leaves this morning to clean off my newly installed fake grass. Yep, that's enough for today.

well books i ordered on july 23 arrived today....shipper sucked...once it got in hands of our usps it got here very fast.

it was a very weird transaction and wont be doing business with them ever again...it showed being picked up in secus,n.j. the seller had address in florida.....finally tracking showed and it first appeared in york,pa. then in raligh,n.c. and so on to my house...i get package and it says royal mail and it came from montgomery,il. so who the heck knows....the place in il. is a huge warehouse i had to look it up.

Latest posts

Back