What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some coffee. Flopped around like a fish out of water all night. Not sure why but probably had to do with all my joints yelling at me for no good reason. Need to mix up two sourdough loaves, school starts for the youngest tomorrow and he tends to need multiple sandwiches for lunch. Church in a bit. Need to do a batch of dilly beans and seedless blackberry fruit leather. We spent a stupid amount of money yesterday on an ignition for my husband’s classic 1983 Toyota Celica-Supra and a laptop for the young man for school. The car was only a two year production and has been sitting under cover for a couple of years after it died in the middle of the highway about ten miles from home. I finally found the exact model number ignition as new old JDM stock in a Japanese warehouse. It is literal unobtainium so the $80 in shipping and customs for a 6” square box is just something I had to swallow. Should be here by the end of the month. Hubby is super attached to the car emotionally so I’m glad to have found the part. I figured it will get me another couple garden boxes next spring in addition to making him super happy. The boys helped him give it a bath and a wax yesterday before I found the part, so I feel like it was meant to be. 😊

iu

@Bluedanube Those are nice cars the turbos can be made ultra fast too I would say running and in decent shape it would bring 15 to 20 thousand +, not bad for a 1983 car!!!

The twin turbo 90s round body can bring 100,000 to 200,000 and be built and tuned to about 1200HP.
This one is 100% stock. Even has the original radio. That is why it has been under cover until we found a replacement OEM part. Hubs absolutely refuses to put anything aftermarket on it. I’m sure we could get a pretty penny for it as is, but it’s definitely his heart car.

@Bluedanube Those are nice cars the turbos can be made ultra fast too I would say running and in decent shape it would bring 15 to 20 thousand +, not bad for a 1983 car!!!

The twin turbo 90s round body can bring 100,000 to 200,000 and be built and tuned to about 1200HP.
A bit off the rails but @Icemaker have you seen the engines that Steve Morris is building?
https://www.youtube.com/@stevemorrisracing/videos
and I would like to know what one of my old Big chevies would bend the needle on a modern dyno at, me suspects the numbers would be a bit higher

Watched the moon rise a bit last night..
Beautiful..

The dog is back into being a poop machine..it was a rough night. I think I will make a vet visit this week with him. I can't do this broken sleeping nights and he can't keep up the squirms without getting dehydrated.

So I will be following him around wi baggie today to collect a sample.

I'm going to make some veggie soup in the sun oven..sounds good.

I got invited to a BBQ later but I declined. I love my buddies, they are all retired. They get disappointed when I decline invites, but they get to be home and do whatever they want 24/7.

I barely get half a day to myself after all the chores and getting ready for the next work week and having oddball hours to work around.
I need my chill time or I start getting cranky and when I'm already tired after weeks of heat, dog poo squirms off n on, skunky fat dog and then day shift hours getting up at 0430..I'm not in much mood for loud, busy bbqs and lots of talking..even for just a hour..
🫥..

I think I'll take the pups for a short walk at least..

I spent the night in a hotel room and just got home about an hour ago. I was already hopped up on java so I just grabbed a bottle of water and some ibuprofen before coming out to the patio for some laptop and lounge time. Fully caffeinated or not, I might fall asleep out here too.

Yeah @Tirediron I think some of the ones we had without Tubos would be higher. @ Wheel is lower than the crank dyno, but I Know some of them were around high 9 to low 10s consistently and a few were in the low 9s pushing 2800 pounds of camaro so that is a lot of twist.

One thing I found out about the BB Chevy is setting the lash if you match most of them at 24 or 25 instead of doing 24-28 they will gain high rpm power. Of course to fine tune any cam you have to try a couple of clicks on each at a time even from two same specs same man.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone hope y'all have a blessed Sunday today am at work to hopefully one day soon pay for a homestead / mini farm as at 40 yrs old I've been longing for a simpler lifestyle. 🤠
If you're looking for a simpler lifestyle, you don't want a farm/homestead. Ha. If you want a better, healthier, more rewarding lifestyle then a homestead is for you. Good luck. I'll be 67 next week and I couldn't imagine doing anything different.

MORNING DATE with Hubby! Yep, not some stranger, lol! He did some work on his truck and needs a good test drive....soooo, we are test driving it 45 minutes away to a lake we used to go to!! Otherwise I would NOT have a morning date😮🤔🙁! After 30 something years I know to pick my battles!! First going to the town closest to us for donuts, then hitting the road!! He asked if I wanted to go swimming, I said YES, in my pool when we get home!!😉😃 So updates on our "date"🙄 tomorrow!! Actually sounds like fun!!😉
So did yall go courting down by the lake this morning ? Hope ya made sparks fly !

So did yall go courting down by the lake this morning ? Hope ya made sparks fly !
No... Just looked at how low the lake level is now! Most of the lakes are in good shape after a wet spring and early summer. This particular one is not, it is a major water source for north central Texas. We have been in water trouble for a long time and this proves it! So many are moving here. Water restrictions usually get set in the cities. Out my way people have been known to run their wells dry trying to keep a green lawn, all the while creating more humidity. In reality our native grasses need a dormant period! But we had a nice drive, been a long time since we have been to this particular lake. We used to go swimming there many years ago, back during the bikini days!! Now where we used to swim is all sand!

Several sets of men are a bit testy this week with me.
You can ask me if I care, pretty sure I don't care.
I am point blank,blunt and honest personality.
It cuts down on bologna, and trust me the bologna was getting deep lately.
Seems someone thinks I need his permission to get a haircut.
He found out I don't need him at all abruptly, firmly, finished, done.
I look a bit like dade moss, shaggy.
So I made haircut appointment, he didn't like it.
So he has left, he's back in Texas for the next 6 weeks.
He doesn't like that either.
He thinks he needs to be the boss.
He doesn't seem to take orders well from women.
I served with these women and men, I would trust them with my life.
And have in the past, I wouldn't trust him to be alone with any of my grandchildren.
And that says a lot about gut feelings instincts.
He probably won't make his 90 day probation period.
His supervisors are not happy with his performances.
His performance is below of average .
And Patch, I'm still friends with our mutal friend.
And I am still smiling and giggling too..

sooooo we did something sort of crazy just now. Son and myself pushed, carried and dragged half the greenhouse ( minus the plastic) about quarter mile up our steep dirt road to the house where I want to put it. Husband still has a knee problem so I had to do it. It took us about an hour. Why did you not take it apart and put it on the truck and drive it up you ask? Well, husband and son decided they were NEVER going to get it back together and it took them days to do it the first time
It was not that heavy but we could only take about 3 steps at a time, I went 3 steps forward, then son in the back . It only bent that far. I have a photo need to download
I feel like I just went to the gym and lifted weights for an hour

Sunday Aug 18th 2024
Two (2) more weeks and its September

Its 7.30 pm
Cloudy ...I did mow just around the house
This coming week will be .... RAIN all week 😔🙄
Will be all week about 50f to 68f 👍
So I will do some clean up in house instead of mowing

Ate my Italian food leftover and sipping a Shiraz
Dane Girl and Felines are fed

I had a fast shower and sitting relaxing now
and listening soft music

Hope your week-end was ...interesting..fun ...relaxing..

Nite nite when ever 🥰

Last edited:
sooooo we did something sort of crazy just now. Son and myself pushed, carried and dragged half the greenhouse ( minus the plastic) about quarter mile up our steep dirt road to the house where I want to put it. Husband still has a knee problem so I had to do it. It took us about an hour. Why did you not take it apart and put it on the truck and drive it up you ask? Well, husband and son decided they were NEVER going to get it back together and it took them days to do it the first time
It was not that heavy but we could only take about 3 steps at a time, I went 3 steps forward, then son in the back . It only bent that far. I have a photo need to download
I feel like I just went to the gym and lifted weights for an hour
You might be close to 60 but you are a badass i tell ya...you aint fooling me not one bit.

I finally made it to town for groceries. I was out of everything. $300 but the cart still wasn’t full! :mad: But I have salad fixin’s and regular consumables again, bread, lemonade etc. I also restocked my pantry soups, stews and condiments. Filled the truck up with gas and got lunch while there. No plans but tv tonight.

No... Just looked at how low the lake level is now! Most of the lakes are in good shape after a wet spring and early summer. This particular one is not, it is a major water source for north central Texas. We have been in water trouble for a long time and this proves it! So many are moving here. Water restrictions usually get set in the cities. Out my way people have been known to run their wells dry trying to keep a green lawn, all the while creating more humidity. In reality our native grasses need a dormant period! But we had a nice drive, been a long time since we have been to this particular lake. We used to go swimming there many years ago, back during the bikini days!! Now where we used to swim is all sand!
glad you got to ride to the lake...sorry you didnt get the sparklers out...you can later on.

Latest posts

Back